RX950 received a 10/10 from Computer Music!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Zac

03 Oct 2018

Did they specify between the RE and VST?
It's a very nice device either way.

joeyluck

03 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
03 Oct 2018
They mentioned all formats: PC/Mac/iOS, VST/AU/AAX, Reason RE

Zac

03 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
03 Oct 2018
Zac wrote:
03 Oct 2018
Nice. Shame 'reason RE' doesn't roll off the tongue like VST. Maybe one day RE is all that will be needed... ? A cold day in hell maybe?

joeyluck

03 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
03 Oct 2018
joeyluck wrote:
03 Oct 2018

Nice. Shame 'reason RE' doesn't roll off the tongue like VST. Maybe one day RE is all that will be needed... ? A cold day in hell maybe?
Well actually I guess it works to the benefit of Reason, right? No other DAW is mentioned (in this instance) when listing plugin formats. No, "Pro Tools AAX." Good publicity maybe? Some people might ask, "Reason? What's that?" and then look it up. But I get what you're saying.

And speaking of how it rolls of the tongue, I still pronounce it as like the beginning pronunciation of many of the products, ReBirth, ReCycle, Reason, ReFill, ReWire, etc. And even the logo of Rack Extensions is a capital 'R' followed by a lowercase 'e'. Yet, Propellerhead says they themselves pronounce the letters separately, like är-ē. But for me, I guess it's just a GIF situation, and I will always justify that I'm saying it the correct way lol

Loque

03 Oct 2018

Pretty high and good rating! Congratulations! Spot on Mathieu Demange! It was worth to port it to VST. Attention deserved.
Reason12, Win10

Zac

03 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
03 Oct 2018
Zac wrote:
03 Oct 2018

Well actually I guess it works to the benefit of Reason, right? No other DAW is mentioned (in this instance) when listing plugin formats. No, "Pro Tools AAX." Good publicity maybe? Some people might ask, "Reason? What's that?" and then look it up. But I get what you're saying.

And speaking of how it rolls of the tongue, I still pronounce it as like the beginning pronunciation of many of the products, ReBirth, ReCycle, Reason, ReFill, ReWire, etc. And even the logo of Rack Extensions is a capital 'R' followed by a lowercase 'e'. Yet, Propellerhead says they themselves pronounce the letters separately, like är-ē. But for me, I guess it's just a GIF situation, and I will always justify that I'm saying it the correct way lol
Logical as always. Hadn't thought about the Reason promotion side of things. Just guessed it would slip favour. Ar- E for me correct or not. It's two words condensed after all. If it was promoted as Rextensions i might buy your logic but would prefer Rextensions ... oh... R. Eees it is then.

kuhliloach

03 Oct 2018

Reason is gaining acceptance. Sorry if this is off-topic. Someone I work with actually requested it recently over some other choices. I assume wider acceptance is due to VST support. The word is getting around - Reason is hot!

Zac

03 Oct 2018

kuhliloach wrote:
03 Oct 2018
Reason is gaining acceptance. Sorry if this is off-topic. Someone I work with actually requested it recently over some other choices. I assume wider acceptance is due to VST support. The word is getting around - Reason is hot!
I really think it should be. It was such an intuitive thing but got pooh poohed as a fringe device due to lack of vst integration.

Not any more.

Reason 10 is very marketable.

My 50 reward points voucher disappears on October 13th which is my only angst right now ;)

Zac

03 Oct 2018

Seriously though if they manage to enhance vst performance which as a minimum I'm sure they will, Reason 10 really should be any newbies first try. Even if they have to get a lower version due to finances.

Access to Lectric Panda and Selig (etc) devices is marketable IMO as well. And the whole RE paradigm. It works very well. Vsts are a pain in the arse.

expresso

04 Oct 2018

I love it, it's becoming one of my most used RE's, the new update is great too.

djadalaide

04 Oct 2018

I've used it on 90% of the music i've recently produced. I even put it on the master bus, gets rid of that horrible high frequency shrill.

Data_Shrine

05 Oct 2018

Congrats to MD.
A very good RE/VST indeed ! I just love it, especially on drums.

aeox
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2018

djadalaide wrote:
04 Oct 2018
I even put it on the master bus, gets rid of that horrible high frequency shrill.
What high frequency shrill?

motuscott

05 Oct 2018

aeox wrote:
05 Oct 2018
djadalaide wrote:
04 Oct 2018
I even put it on the master bus, gets rid of that horrible high frequency shrill.
That Reason Sound?

joking
I wish I could hear high frequencies
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2018

motuscott wrote:
05 Oct 2018
aeox wrote:
05 Oct 2018

That Reason Sound?

joking
:lol:

I'd rather just fix the offending sound in the mix but everyone has their own ways of doing things.

djadalaide

08 Oct 2018

aeox wrote:
06 Oct 2018
motuscott wrote:
05 Oct 2018

That Reason Sound?

joking

I'd rather just fix the offending sound in the mix but everyone has their own ways of doing things.
I'm not talking about 'fixing' the mix, thats not something a creative person does. Think old sampler sound classic music.

aeox
Competition Winner

08 Oct 2018

djadalaide wrote:
08 Oct 2018
aeox wrote:
06 Oct 2018

I'm not talking about 'fixing' the mix, thats not something a creative person does. Think old sampler sound classic music.
Good mixing is totally creative! I'm not sure what you mean by that.

What do you mean by "old sampler sound classic music" I'm just a kid :puf_bigsmile:

PhillipOrdonez

10 Oct 2018

Trialed and FFS does it do it's thing!!!! I'm going to use this one on everything now.

dvdrtldg

01 Nov 2018

My new favourite RE. Special sauce, add to everything

And the (free!) refill is fantastic too

• Information