Synapse EQ vs Selig Coloring EQ (1 subscription slot left)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Wobbleburger

01 Oct 2018

Hey folks,

I love the Synapse Graphic EQ but the Coloring EQ looks slightly better with the saturation tweaks. I don't want to have both in my subscription, preferably. Can anybody speak for the Selig? I read the review and it looks decent.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

aeox
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2018

It's pretty obvious to me that the Coloring EQ is better. It can do everything that the Synapse EQ can do, and so much more on top of that.

Wobbleburger

01 Oct 2018

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'll go with the Selig!
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

GRIFTY

01 Oct 2018

Go with the selig in the sub and buy the synapse bundle for $99. It's worth it for antidote alone. It's worth it for the legend alone. Plus you get the EQ and a ton of other goodies

adfielding

02 Oct 2018

I don't own the Synapse Graphic EQ so can't comment on that, but ColoringEQ is really good. I can't think of a suitable way to describe it other than it's the most "musical" EQ I've come across. All of Selig's REs are absolutely top notch, and ColoringEQ is no exception.

Ostermilk

02 Oct 2018

I own the Synapse EQ and it's great EQ much like the kind of EQ that gets bundled natively with many DAWs.

Coloring EQ also covers that ground but also has much more additional scope. I'd venture, the oft claimed statement that "you cannot polish a turd" is now redundant with the Selig Audio device.

If you are getting it as part of a subscription I wouldn't mind betting that you end up buying it at some point anyway.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2018

If it's more options you're looking for then Seligs EQ is a better choice. I've tried it and I still prefered Synapse GQ-7. Not because GQ-7 is "better", but because it fits my particular needs better. It just looks cleaner/smoother/better imo and it does everything I want an EQ to do. Seligs EQ has more "clutter". I hate to use such a downgrading word but since I personally don't really care about the additional features that's the way I percieve it when I'm in music making mode. GUI is pretty important to me and GQ-7 wins in that category.

Loque

02 Oct 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
02 Oct 2018
If it's more options you're looking for then Seligs EQ is a better choice. I've tried it and I still prefered Synapse GQ-7. Not because GQ-7 is "better", but because it fits my particular needs better. It just looks cleaner/smoother/better imo and it does everything I want an EQ to do. Seligs EQ has more "clutter". I hate to use such a downgrading word but since I personally don't really care about the additional features that's the way I percieve it when I'm in music making mode. GUI is pretty important to me and GQ-7 wins in that category.
Yea, i have the same issue with Rob Papens EQ. Everytime i see the GUI i just dunno where to start. GQ-7 is so easy.
Reason12, Win10

O1B

02 Oct 2018

Synapse GQ7 is a Solid EQ. beats the SSL EQ for precision.

3 bands to Book ENDs. Ideal for me: 4 bands, 2 shelves AND 2 Cuts.

But the GQ7 has ample curves to Bring the signal up to Broadcast Level, IMO.
Shelving Filters are so under-rated:

nice DRUMS:

No comparisons, both/most EQs are GREAT in Reason. Mastering Level, IMO.
It depends on the detail your after at the moment, and the ease of getting there.

selig
RE Developer

02 Oct 2018

GRIFTY wrote:
01 Oct 2018
Go with the selig in the sub and buy the synapse bundle for $99. It's worth it for antidote alone. It's worth it for the legend alone. Plus you get the EQ and a ton of other goodies
Obviously you don't need to hear from me on this subject, right?
But I DO have to "+1" this post to say YES to my two favorite RE synths, Antidote and Legend.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

MarkTarlton

02 Oct 2018

GRIFTY wrote:
01 Oct 2018
for the money this!!! you get a lot more stuff :)

antic604

02 Oct 2018

GRIFTY wrote:
01 Oct 2018
That's actually as perfect solution as one can get :)

• Information