Kompulsion Triggering Issue

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
KirkMarkarian

20 Sep 2018

I just purchased the Basimilus Iteritas module and have connected it to the Kompulsion sequencer.

I was able to get a bass-drum sound going on the BI, and the Kompulsion sequencer is triggering it just fine out of S1's "Gate" to the BI's "Trigger Gate".

Then, I created a hi-hat sound on a second instance of the BI.

Hook it up to the Kompulsion's S2 "Gate" in the same was that I did with the S1 "Gate".

Now, S1 is being fed S2's gate as well. So, the S2 is sounding on it's own channel, while the S1 is triggering it's own sound on it's own channel with S2's pattern included.

Why are the channels not triggering separately? This has never happened on any other synth that I've set up in the manner. Am I missing something?

Have included pictures:
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (138.5 KiB) Viewed 334 times
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (224.93 KiB) Viewed 334 times

rcbuse
RE Developer

20 Sep 2018

I'll give you a hint: Kompulsion is a Player.

KirkMarkarian

20 Sep 2018

rcbuse wrote:
20 Sep 2018
I'll give you a hint: Kompulsion is a Player.
Yeah, figured it out a while after I first posted. I switched over to propulsion and got working. I still prefer Kompulsion 🙂

rcbuse
RE Developer

20 Sep 2018

You can really run it two ways for this kind of setup:

1) Put Kompulsion on an empty combinator so it will just eat the MIDI and use the CV triggers like you did.
2) Put Kompulsion on a combinator and put all the devices inside the combinator. Use the combinator programmer to filter note ranges to each device. CV not required.

• Information