Versatile, low DSP audio loudness meter recommendation?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

18 Sep 2018

I'm looking for a small, versatile - peak, rms, lufs - and low-CPU meter for situations when I need to try an effect like compressor or EQ that doesn't compensate for the gain change.

Those are the ones that caught my eye, but I've no experience with them:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-extension/lpm/ (EUR19)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ess-meter/ (EUR19)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ess-meter/ (EUR25)

Flower Audio and RE-128 have added benefit of 2 inputs, so one can use single instance of the RE to compare the before and after.

Although I'd really just wish Selig added RMS and/or LUFS metering to his Gain RE (even in a paid update) :)

Marco Raaphorst

18 Sep 2018

I am using the LPM. great one. it's in my default setup.

Ahornberg

18 Sep 2018

I tested all 3 and decided to go on the Flower Audio.

antic604

18 Sep 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Can you elaborate as to why? :)

Ahornberg

18 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Ahornberg wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Can you elaborate as to why? :)
For me, at the end only the big right number in the display of the Flower Audio counts.
I don't need something that looks like a volume meter and I don't need a graph either.
And for working with reference tracks I like the 2nd input.

Marco Raaphorst

18 Sep 2018

Must say the LPM lacks a manual, which is strange. I believe I asked for it at one time. Not sure why there's no manual.

antic604

18 Sep 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
18 Sep 2018
For me, at the end only the big right number in the display of the Flower Audio counts.
I don't need something that looks like a volume meter and I don't need a graph either.
Thanks! :)
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Must say the LPM lacks a manual, which is strange. I believe I asked for it at one time. Not sure why there's no manual.
But does it need one? Even just looking at the screen it seems pretty self-explanatory.

Ahornberg

21 Sep 2018

There's also the free VST MLoudnessAnalyzer by MeldaProductions
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MLoudnessAnalyzer

antic604

21 Sep 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
21 Sep 2018
There's also the free VST MLoudnessAnalyzer by MeldaProductions
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MLoudnessAnalyzer
Thanks, but I need something that's visible as pre- and post- all the time in the Rack, ideally while folded to single-unit height.

Sure, I can pin the VST windows, but working on a laptop I probably wouldn't see anything else :)

Marco Raaphorst

21 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Ahornberg wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Thanks! :)
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
18 Sep 2018
But does it need one? Even just looking at the screen it seems pretty self-explanatory.
I have no idea what Delta means. Would love to have a manual some suff is not totally clear to me.

antic604

21 Sep 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
21 Sep 2018
I have no idea what Delta means. Would love to have a manual some suff is not totally clear to me.
Delta is the difference between the actual signal and the one set as target. Like in mathematics or physics - delta is the amount of change or difference :)

But sure, having a manual wouldn't hurt!

Marco Raaphorst

21 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
21 Sep 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
21 Sep 2018
Delta is the difference between the actual signal and the one set as target. Like in mathematics or physics - delta is the amount of change or difference :)

But sure, having a manual wouldn't hurt!
thanks!

PhillipOrdonez

26 Sep 2018

Well, the one from you learn is pretty good and if you pin the window and keep it on the right side so that you only see the numbers, it can do what you are after. No second input for comparison though.

antic604

27 Sep 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Sep 2018
Well, the one from you learn is pretty good and if you pin the window and keep it on the right side so that you only see the numbers, it can do what you are after. No second input for comparison though.
You mean Youlean?

Right, it's great! But I was specifically asking for REs to place in Rack, as I'm on Surface Pro 4 and don't have screen space to have Rack and 2 VSTs open :)

• Information