Is everyone buying the Umpf Club Drums?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Reasonable man

14 Sep 2018

Bought it couple of days ago for the £49. Drums constantly let my music down in reason cause of the effort needed to wire everything up throgh seperate channels etc etc and using all the devices ...drums can take up a long rack by themselves ...i find it exausting and ultimatley i waste too much time doing that stuff rather than mixing and varying them cohesively.
This thing i'm not taking out seperate channels cause you need (well i need anyway) the global effects which are awesome. I guess everything is a compromise.
I think its important to find your own drum sound and this thing goes...it's is a real/proper 'designer' tool in that regard. I think anyone would struggle to find a unique 'sound' using kong . Totally possible but exausting .
Sometimes i have to ask myself did i buy this thing for the chop effect alone! I wouldn't know how to create a randomised chop effect on kong or Redrum.... maybe i don't even want to!
I have a P6 and Nektar have done a great job mapping Redrum and Kong i would love them to include UMPF and detail it it a simialr way ...prob a slim chance of this

Jmax

14 Sep 2018

I ended up buying it as well. I quite like messing around with all the functions. Load up a pattern from the drum designer as well and away you go. The perfect amount of randomization for my ears. I get a bit lazy with programing my drums so this fills a bit of a gap.

moneykube

15 Sep 2018

BOUGHT tomuch... retreat time
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information