Synapse DC-2: Just another chorus?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2018

Despite attempts to kerb my RE addiction I’m faltering. So to the question...Synapse Dual Chorus? Any thoughts. I’ve got the Kuassa plus a plethora of other choruses, flangers and phasers. I’ve also got the TAL dual chorus VST which I use a lot. Since getting Animus I’m on a real retro Cocteau Twins tip. €9? Whatcha think?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

05 Sep 2018

Synapse Chorus is one of my favorites. Very good, warm, fat and analog (lol to those adjectives :-D) sound. I really like it on slow modulation or automated modulation at point.

Never really compared to others. Kuassa is also nice as a lot of others are. TAL was more or less blehhh imo. Synapse gave me a few times THIS SEPCIAL sound i was looking for. It is not over-tweakable like Chenille and just does its job and it does it good.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2018

Thanks Loque :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

scratchnsnifff

07 Sep 2018

Synapse chorus effect is one of my favorites, it’s ensemble effect is very pronounced

It’s flanger sounds could sound a bit better, but the air raid element chorus has what I need for flanger sounds :)

Overall, it’s not just another chorus. It’s another chorus worth getting and it has a nice wide stereo sound to it :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
07 Sep 2018
Synapse chorus effect is one of my favorites, it’s ensemble effect is very pronounced

It’s flanger sounds could sound a bit better, but the air raid element chorus has what I need for flanger sounds :)

Overall, it’s not just another chorus. It’s another chorus worth getting and it has a nice wide stereo sound to it :D
I bought it yesterday and it truly is the nicest chorus I have ever heard. :):). So glad. :):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

raymondh

07 Sep 2018

I like it too! Although it doesn't get as much use since Jiggery Pokery Chennile is so good.

Zac

08 Sep 2018

I think my fave delay setting is 14ms for the dc2. Fits my music. I haven't used it in a while due to so many other options but it is great. Nice reminder.

Ottostrom

08 Sep 2018

I'm not much of a chorus guy and rarely use them, but this thread got me intrigued so I went ahead and downloaded the trial. Slapped it on a really chill Radical Keys patch and after tweaking around a bit with the ensemble settings just playing individual notes I tried some soothing chords and MAN, it amplified the feeling perfectly! Went right back to the store and bought it :)

scratchnsnifff

08 Sep 2018

Ottostrom wrote:
08 Sep 2018
I'm not much of a chorus guy and rarely use them, but this thread got me intrigued so I went ahead and downloaded the trial. Slapped it on a really chill Radical Keys patch and after tweaking around a bit with the ensemble settings just playing individual notes I tried some soothing chords and MAN, it amplified the feeling perfectly! Went right back to the store and bought it :)
actually it’s best used on more organic instruments

I love it on radical piano with a 17-22ms setting and about a half way set depth and feedback and dry/wet to taste

It’s also great for supersaw type spectra :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

dustmoses

08 Sep 2018

My favorite RE chorus is the basement DSP one (don't own chenille) but mainly because it has 2 presets I love on vox and only have to dial the dry wet.

Synapse dc-2 sounds great, quick to work with. Based on what you have, you do not need it whatsoever, but it's solid and probably won't end up in "damn I wish props allowed me to sell this" category.

• Information