Selig Audio Sale till Sept 10 2018

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

04 Sep 2018

Hi All,

Just a quick heads up that Selig Audio has joined in the extended End of Summer sale at the Prop Shop.

If you've been waiting for Selig Audio REs to go on sale, head on over and check it out!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... dio,%20LLC
Selig Audio, LLC

antic604

04 Sep 2018

@Giles, I'm considering getting the Leveler.

Is it a good fit for situations, where I have an instrument - say a acid line, like a 303 - where it's loud when the filter is open and gets much more quiet when it's closed? WIll Leveler help me out evening that signal, by bringin up the quiet part without affecting the already loud part?

selig
RE Developer

04 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:@Giles, I'm considering getting the Leveler.

Is it a good fit for situations, where I have an instrument - say a acid line, like a 303 - where it's loud when the filter is open and gets much more quiet when it's closed? WIll Leveler help me out evening that signal, by bringin up the quiet part without affecting the already loud part?
Yes, it’s great for smoothing out dynamics without sounding “compressed” - but I’ll be the first to say sometimes you want to sound compressed (OK, I’ll rephrase and say that sometimes “I” want a track to sound compressed!).

In many cases I use the Leveler as a part of a processing chain that may also include saturation, downward compression, and EQ/Filtering. Leveler typically comes first, especially as a way to control the signal before hitting a saturator so that the saturation is more even and more consistent at all levels. Leveler also comes first so I can set levels accurately and not have to re-visit them because of changes made “upstream” from them.

I also mention (when speaking about the Leveler) that I most often use only 50% blend with the Leveler, except for in extreme cases. It’s a powerful tool, and I like to say it’s effect is “concentrated” and often needs to be diluted before use. ;)

If you have a specific example, I’m happy to show how I’d use Leveler to achieve the results you seek.
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

antic604

04 Sep 2018

@Giles, thanks! I've spend half of the day (involving a Psytrance Producers FB group) trying to find a VST that does something like this and the closest we got was Waves' Maxx Volume, which - as it is common for their old plugins - looks atrocious and is nowhere near as intuitive (and costs more) :)

So, you've left me with no other option:

selig
RE Developer

04 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:@Giles, thanks! I've spend half of the day (involving a Psytrance Producers FB group) trying to find a VST that does something like this and the closest we got was Waves' Maxx Volume, which - as it is common for their old plugins - looks atrocious and is nowhere near as intuitive (and costs more) :)

THANKS!!!

Hit me with any questions or suggestions you come across after spending some time with your new toy.
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

antic604

04 Sep 2018

selig wrote:
04 Sep 2018
Hit me with any questions or suggestions you come across after spending some time with your new toy.
Damn, just tested it on some drums and synth lines (using Panda's free Skope to see the results) and it's...

Much more intuitive than any compressor I've ever used so far!!!

:thumbs_up:

Zac

04 Sep 2018

For me the best RE in terms of doing new things even though i found i hadn't been using it optimally after quite a while. Gain is very useful to find the low points Imo.

EnochLight

04 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Sep 2018
@Giles, thanks! I've spend half of the day (involving a Psytrance Producers FB group) trying to find a VST that does something like this and the closest we got was Waves' Maxx Volume, which - as it is common for their old plugins - looks atrocious and is nowhere near as intuitive (and costs more) :)

Hahah - nice! Also, if you do vocals I recommend picking up his DeEsser RE as well. Despite the myriad of VST options available, I still find Selig's faster and more effective. Highly recommended!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

househoppin09

05 Sep 2018

Literally any product selig releases is basically an insta-buy. No need to even trial them, you can't go wrong! ;)

madmacman

05 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Sep 2018
I'm a curious guy. And I'm glad I now know your real name: "Yellow Spot".

Ixus

05 Sep 2018

Stupid extended sale now I bought the mix rig... Looking forward to trying the Selig stuff ;)

• Information