Kratos 2 vs. Ozone Maximizer?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

FLVZ

04 Sep 2018

Kratos 2 gives you the finer control of the two, ozone maximiser "might" give you quicker results? Both can handle all kinds of music I'm sure. I have K2 so I'd recommend that as I've not felt the need to use anything else since I got it.

two shoes

04 Sep 2018

I auditioned both and went with Kratos 2. I can't remember what specifically I liked better about it now, but I've been happy with it for the most part.

aeox
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2018

I got the Ozone limiter in the Mix N Master bundle. When I trialed Kratos 2 I didn't end up purchasing it because fundamentally they do the same thing and I don't need two limiters that basically do the same thing, even though there are differences and all.. I found that I could push Kratos harder before it started distorting.

If you aren't buying or plan on buying Mix and Master bundle, I think Kratos 2 is the choice!

NekujaK

04 Sep 2018

Kratos 2 was my goto limiter RE before the world of VSTs opened up in Reason. If you're sticking to REs, Kratos 2 gets the nod IMHO.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

KirkMarkarian

04 Sep 2018

I have both. I prefer Ozone to Kratos. I find Ozone to be easier to use, and I prefer the sound. I don't seem to get as loud with it, but I hear it differently than the Kratos. Kratos is warm, Ozone is a bit more clinical. My 2 cents, everybody's got different ears and opinions.

EnochLight

04 Sep 2018

I've got both. I also prefer Ozone, but I use the VST. YMMV...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ltbrunt00

04 Sep 2018

I have both but the day I brought Kratos 2 was the last day I used the Ozone Maximizer. I instantly went and brought the Kratos VSt the day after that to use in other DAWs.

Also it seems to me that the Kratos is lighter on system resources. I have on quite a few occasions used the Kratos maximizer on almost every track and the song did not stutter once. The Ozone maximizer I have to keep to a minimum. Depending on your computer hardware profile you may be able to add Ozones to your hearts contempt.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

strangers
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2018

Ozone.

I have the Ozone RE and Ozone 8 VST (upgraded from 7). Can't go wrong with either one. I use one or the other on every single project.

antic604

05 Sep 2018

5 to 3 for Kratos so far!

Keep them coming. And thanks :)

• Information