Forgotten Wave Shaper (Updated RE)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
RobC

22 Aug 2018

O1B wrote:
22 Aug 2018
... says the guy who posts it again for the 3rd time...
- But, you said you like Modern and Elegant...
It’s just Garnishment...

Loque got a laugh. Buck up!

And, don’t tell me how to Post, Son.
You post your silly, I’ll post mine.

Instead... sound examples... please...?

I replied to and quoted all the bullshit you posted - too much effort to clean it all up. As for your shit stirring, I never said that I like all of today's crap, but that the above device is designed with modern and elegant looks; one part that I liked. I guess it's mood dependent, but laughing at some dumbasses you find on google and post, is not necessarily the entertainment one looks for, but whatever. And just what the hell was silly about what I posted earlier?! You're seeing things.

I put the drama into tiny text, cause it doesn't matter shit here, or in general. If I could, I would put effort to clean threads I make, up, so it's drama free, but we have no such tools.

I'm not gonna do complete sound design work for free so maybe ask the developer in a humane way for examples!

eusti

22 Aug 2018

RobC wrote:
22 Aug 2018

I put the drama into tiny text, cause it doesn't matter shit here, or in general. If I could, I would put effort to clean threads I make, up, so it's drama free, but we have no such tools.

I'm not gonna do complete sound design work for free so maybe ask the developer in a humane way for examples!
I think part of the drama comes from your way of communicating. While it might be due to language issues it seems hard to get a coherent flow of dialogue / information flow going in threads you are majorly involved with.

That being said, I think part of the issue is that people think that RobC actually is the developer of this RE. Or is in contact with.

D.

RobC

22 Aug 2018

eusti wrote:
22 Aug 2018
RobC wrote:
22 Aug 2018

I think part of the drama comes from your way of communicating. While it might be due to language issues it seems hard to get a coherent flow of dialogue / information flow going in threads you are majorly involved with.

That being said, I think part of the issue is that people think that RobC actually is the developer of this RE. Or is in contact with.

D.
Nobody thinks that I would have anything to do with this device, cause I don't.

I noticed that people don't pay attention to what they read, or prefer to think of something completely else, so they can have some drama.

If you desire a fully worked-out scientific publication of any idea I start, including proof, reference material, etc. feel free to finance the additional effort I would have to put into it.

P.S. I'm not even a RE developer. At the moment, I'm a full time tomato farmer, cause I have tomato addiction.

Now, I think it's unfair that there are more irrelevant comments, so if you guys put effort into making this a fuck-RobC thread, please put effort into reviewing the device that they released today.

eusti

22 Aug 2018

I give up.

D.

Zac

22 Aug 2018

eusti wrote:
22 Aug 2018
I give up.

D.
No need D. Everyone has met this guys attitude before. Big time troll.

O1B

22 Aug 2018

:roll: I didn't know RobC would react like that. :roll:

I was cracking up about the Lenny thing this morning - and then RobC said Modern and Elegant.

I couldn't Resist. It was just a joke. Sorry, RobC.
I stay out of the Existential threads these days, but this was about an RE I am interested in.. kinda...

I'd really like if a RobC example sold me on the device.

.. I am still waiting on sound examples from RobC.

Zac wrote:
22 Aug 2018
eusti wrote:
22 Aug 2018
I give up.

D.
No need D. Everyone has met this guys attitude before. Big time troll.

scratchnsnifff

22 Aug 2018

I have been waiting for ever for a drawable distortion. I hope the props take on that challenge. But for now I’ll have to get this one. Maybe at some point it can get a bit better of a GUI

I am trying to not sound negative, but it looks very plain. For something that’s a first in the Reason world I think the look of the curve could look better if it had the same sort of look as blamsofts f-16/expanse envelope design. The color of the curve could vary but the look of the curve looks clean and on the thicker side

As for the rest of the GUI, maybe take a crack at making something along the lines of D16 demicourt. The color scheme works on demicourt and devastor. Maybe use those as inspiration?

For modulating the curve, maybe there’s a way to have a knob control the actual curve

For example a knob that turns a diagonal line into an S shape, and if a knob like this were to be implemented, there could be a CV in to modulate it. I think trash2 by isotope has a knob or fader that adjusts the curve.

Just some suggestions. Glad to finally see an actual wave shaper and I can’t wait to get it tomorrow. Hopefully this device is just the first of its kind :) I’m looking at you panda, papen, blamsoft and other head honchos
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Faastwalker

23 Aug 2018

I'm intrigued. Will hit TRY this evening ;)

RobC

23 Aug 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
22 Aug 2018
I am trying to not sound negative, but it looks very plain. For something that’s a first in the Reason world I think the look of the curve could look better if it had the same sort of look as blamsofts f-16/expanse envelope design. The color of the curve could vary but the look of the curve looks clean and on the thicker side
That's not that negative, rather useful constructive criticism, actually! Dunno if the developer sees the thread, though.
While I like the cleanness, maybe giving the display a bit more oscilloscope-like tools wouldn't be so bad. You know, changing thickness, glow ~ but these are just visual effects, then again. Sound comes first, hehe!

Edit:

Just the front panel, so we don't have to click back.

O1B

23 Aug 2018

Feedback .... yep!

ME:
- Posting Sound Examples
- Considering screen real-estate
- CV additions
- Wave shaping Options
- Stereo

vs
It's gooooooooood......
Modern and Elegant, and NOTHING else... more like

Maybe someone 'else' will help this dev with some sound examples...

Advice: if we disagree, it's ok. Just, don't attack my opinion - even if its about a "thing" you like.

RobC wrote:
22 Aug 2018
aeox wrote:
22 Aug 2018

I have to agree
Glad to hear it, developers deserve some positive feedback.

aeox
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

O1B wrote:
23 Aug 2018
Feedback .... yep!

ME:
- Posting Sound Examples
- Considering screen real-estate
- CV additions
- Wave shaping Options
- Stereo

vs
It's gooooooooood......
Modern and Elegant, and NOTHING else... more like

Maybe someone 'else' will help this dev with some sound examples...

Advice: if we disagree, it's ok. Just, don't attack my opinion - even if its about a "thing" you like.

RobC wrote:
22 Aug 2018

Glad to hear it, developers deserve some positive feedback.
It's a wave shaper, pretty self explanatory if you ask me. I've used other wave shapers before and it sounds no different. Therefore, it comes down feature set and appearance, which don't need sound examples.

Faastwalker

23 Aug 2018

Can we please all stop bickering & get on with some Wave Shaping? ;)

scratchnsnifff

24 Aug 2018

So just to say this out loud, I got this device last night. It is very powerful indeed! I love how it offers a nice distortion sound just by adjusting the initialized curve. I still think a fader should be added to adjust the curve of all points but for now it’s a very nice alternative to all of my distortion rack devices.

And after using it and hearing how much I was surprised by the sound, I ended up forgetting about its UI. Basically saying that the UI might not be such an issue for the Time being

Iv been wanting a device like this for a few years now (9.5 offered it via vst)
And now there is a wave shaper with drawable curves. The fact that it’s obly 15$ is crazy, definitely worth getting just for the fact that there is nothing in Reason that does this in this way

Loque

24 Aug 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
24 Aug 2018
So just to say this out loud, I got this device last night. It is very powerful indeed! I love how it offers a nice distortion sound just by adjusting the initialized curve. I still think a fader should be added to adjust the curve of all points but for now it’s a very nice alternative to all of my distortion rack devices.

And after using it and hearing how much I was surprised by the sound, I ended up forgetting about its UI. Basically saying that the UI might not be such an issue for the Time being

And now there is a wave shaper with drawable curves. The fact that it’s obly 15$ is crazy, definitely worth getting just for the fact that there is nothing in Reason that does this in this way
What can be automated? Maybe something from the curve?
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

24 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
24 Aug 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
24 Aug 2018

What can be automated? Maybe something from the curve?
As of right now, the only automation can be done on the in/output gain and dry wet

I just meant that that should have a feature that uses a fader to adjust the drawable curve

This would allow for some morphable distortion

This is just an idea
I think isotope trash2 has a fader that does this.

Loque

03 Sep 2018

The was an update, but the Screenshots seem to be still old. There is also no web page or manual. Can someone who owns this device give some info about the device, please?
Reason12, Win10

RobC

04 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
03 Sep 2018
The was an update, but the Screenshots seem to be still old. There is also no web page or manual. Can someone who owns this device give some info about the device, please?
Just saw it, too. Slope modifier and point translator can be automated, now.

Maybe they read feedback? : )

Hi, Forgotten Clank Studios!

Get it? 8D

Loque

04 Sep 2018

RobC wrote:
04 Sep 2018
Get it? 8D
Naaa...i guess i missed this corner :?
Reason12, Win10

RobC

04 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
04 Sep 2018
RobC wrote:
04 Sep 2018
Get it? 8D
Naaa...i guess i missed this corner :?
Just a PS game character called Clank. : P

scratchnsnifff

06 Sep 2018

So glad to see the developer listened to the community! Thank you for adding the curve adjustment knob. It’s a great way to get movement into a sound by automating the curve of your distortion also it’s a nice way to dynamically add and subtract upper harmonics. I am a bit confused as to how to use the bake setting thing though

Much praise on the update

RobC

26 Oct 2018

Loque

26 Oct 2018

RobC wrote:
26 Oct 2018
Holy shiz, it came a long way!

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... ve-shaper/
NIce...i did not really considered it yet, since i got a free editable waveshaper with CM and i have Trash, but now it is becoming more interesting. This update is a good one! Well done FC Studios!
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

26 Oct 2018

Awesome! I can't get enough distortions!
r11s

scratchnsnifff

26 Oct 2018

RobC wrote:
26 Oct 2018
Holy shiz, it came a long way!

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... ve-shaper/
I’m so happy to see this!

I can’t even,
This developer knows what’s up. I love the black layout, I’m excited to see what the new knobs do :)

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2018

Nice update :) Thanks

• Information