Idea for rob papen synths?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
scratchnsnifff

17 Aug 2018

So with rob papens latest work (Go2)
The concept appears to be a simple synth that offers its most complexity in two areas
The oscillator and it’s arp.

While I love this concept, and find it very useful. I find myself wanting rob papen to unleash him and his teams wizardry on a powerhouse of a synth

Now that the Re platform has grown, I think it’s possible to see multi paged synths, which would offer many of the usual features of a rob papen vst

I know how Res are complex and all, but it would be cool to see something to the extent of blue2 but a rack extension form. NoT a copy, but something that really treads into new waters :)

Maybe something along the lines of predators oscillators, blue2s,FM
With the option of a sample player

I don’t make the calls for anyone but I suppose this is a formal request to one of my favorite developers:)

While we are at it.maybe someday the propellerhead synth designers could collaborate with papen on some sort of monster
Just thinking out loud here have a great weekend everyone :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

17 Aug 2018

TBH, when i saw Go2, i thought they are trying to competit with others which having morphable oscilaltors or oscillators with modifiers. Go2 looks like their first attempt to that technique.

And i agree, imo its time for Rob to make something bigger, something that states his name in the synth competition land. I have the feeling, that it may be a bigger invest for Rob and he fears this invest, because most of his synths are some kind of small evaluations. Its a good idea in general to go this road, but on the other side Rob somehows stays below is possiblities.

I whish, Rob would go the next step. Go away (Goa way?) from lots of small tweaks in a synth to something bigger. Let the ppl move a few knobs and let them think wow! And than let them the freedom to discover all that things you provide for your synths. That means, better UI and workflow, combine your techniques and go a step beyound that - do something new! You can do it! I believe in you, Rob!
Reason12, Win10

• Information