ECRUOS / Multi-tap delay RE [in prop shop]

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

15 Aug 2018

Ecruos Multi-Tap Delay

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... tap-delay/

ECRUOS is a Delay effect with up to 16 configurable taps include smoothing of delay time changes.
We present new delay type in Reason Rack Extension - Tap Delay.

Tap Delays usually have steps called as TAPs. Every TAP have own setting of Delay Time and Level.
Delay Time in ower effect can be Synced to your song project or set in seconds. Feedback control linked to each TAP. You can manipulate how much taps you need. Just try to draw your delay rhythms by TAPs.
Taps can control PAN of each step. We aso add Filter to this Delay device. Taps can control Resonance of each step.

ECRUOS rack extension includes:
- 16 steps (TAPS) with control matrix
- TAP controls for Delay Time, Level, Pan and Filter
- WIdth control of stereo signal
- Engage add some reverb to rhythmic output signal
- Filter with Resonance control
- LFO with Sync to Beats
With ECRUOS you can create new structure sounds from one note signal or any other source of signal

Draw your Delay for new rhythms now. Try it today!

Loque

15 Aug 2018

Congratulations to your new device! Looks interesting. "smoothing of delay time changes"...very interesting :-)

A few questions came in my mind:
* Is the LFO always synced?
* Would it be possible to have an LFO Output on the back
* and a Break Out to add some fx before the feedback starts? (This might be interesting for Grainshift too)
Reason12, Win10

eusti

15 Aug 2018

Sounds cool. :)

D.

turn2on
RE Developer

15 Aug 2018

Hi Loque.
* LFO is synced when you select Beats. In HZ you select Hertz you want at speed level.
* LFO output: you need by CV LFO waveform output? Its possible and try to add it soon
* Break out: what it is? Additional mono/stereo inputs before effect? Or before feedback and after what? Can you named me any RE with this as example?
ps: write me your acc for license

Loque

15 Aug 2018

turn2on wrote:
15 Aug 2018
* LFO is synced when you select Beats. In HZ you select Hertz you want at speed level.
Cool...i will check out, how fast it can go and check the flanging-stuff with the filter.

turn2on wrote:
15 Aug 2018
* LFO output: you need by CV LFO waveform output? Its possible and try to add it soon
That would be cool, thus i can control extern fx synced with the LFO or modulate even more parameters on the back.

turn2on wrote:
15 Aug 2018
* Break out: what it is? Additional mono/stereo inputs before effect? Or before feedback and after what? Can you named me any RE with this as example?
Check out The Echo from Reason and watch the backside. The break out allows external modification of audio, before it will be feed back into the feedback loop of the delay. Its like AudioIn->DelayTime+Stuff->BreakOut->BreakIn->NowStartFromTheBeginning. http://cdn.propellerheads.se/Reason10/M ... Manual.pdf on site 1029
PH wrote: The Echo features special Breakout jacks which allow you to insert other effect devices into the feedback loop. The
signal is processed externally and then fed back into the loop, meaning that each delay repeat will be more colored
by the effect(s) connected to the breakout jacks.
Reason12, Win10

turn2on
RE Developer

15 Aug 2018

Think that need to test it with Echo, but from your words I also think that understand about what you talk. Its interesting idea, thanks for that!

Loque

15 Aug 2018

turn2on wrote:
15 Aug 2018
Think that need to test it with Echo, but from your words I also think that understand about what you talk. Its interesting idea, thanks for that!
I can re-create, well, at least somehow. Do the following:
1. Create a 14:4 Mixer
2. Add a drumloop (or whatever) to channel 1
3. Add your delay as a send, BUT route the output from the delay fx to a mix channle, lets say 10
4. Set the feedback quite low for the delay
5. Add some additional fx between Delay output and Mixer, liek a Scream 4
6. Now play the loop, and increase the Send Fx on Channel 10

Done.
Reason12, Win10

Matt van K

17 Aug 2018

I try but in comparsion to D16 Tekturon it´s not very intuitive. I have to click every step. :(

turn2on
RE Developer

18 Aug 2018

But Tekturon is VST, not RE :re: , cost much more x2 times and at intuitive part have taps elements only one on display per-time to edit.
Last edited by turn2on on 21 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

21 Aug 2018

turn2on wrote:
21 Aug 2018
Update v. 1.0.1 in propshop: https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... tap-delay/
Fixed bug when CV Inputs was not working properly
Nice!
Reason12, Win10

turn2on
RE Developer

30 Aug 2018

Ecruos Multi-Tap Delay Update v.1.0.3:

• Fixed wrong scale size of Delay Synced Time (been x2 times smaller)
  • Add more Dealy Times as new scales: Small and 16th
  • Add to back panel tables of Time Scale variations
  • Lighten up colours of TAP Level and Time in matrix
  • Add fader lines for more intuitive control of TAP display lines
  • Small GUI changes

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... tap-delay/

Loque

30 Aug 2018

NIce! Especially the new delay times!
Reason12, Win10

O1B

30 Aug 2018

Very Rainmaker...

Is it just not possible to have Real "TAP" tempo "Buttons" for delays in reason?
- not (just) ms conversions...but, "Tap" tempo... -

it's a little of-putting these days when it comes to delay?

This, Id like to try. Nice Price, too.

turn2on
RE Developer

30 Aug 2018

Classical Tap-Delays in guitar world not have sequencer-grid needs, DAWs mainly intresting in the sync.
2 variations - Synced with sequencer grid taps (1-16th steps), or free time delays with from 1 up to 16 steps.
ECRUOS have interesting 16 configurable taps include smoothing of delay time changes. You just need to test it and listen morphing of tempo changes.

Few another our RE effects (as example Phaser) include tempo SYNC. In guitar world popular unsynced pedals. But if you coming into DAW, you need not just time free phase effect, we need in synced effect.

ECRUOS can work with Sync time mode and also free mode with 16 steps (every step with own time speed)
Main idea personally for me - effects must support sync into DAW if they include time modulation. Long time I think who into Reason really need using fx like-a-real taps? May be users that have pedal switch controller. Hand variations have nice alternatives to taps. May be I wrong.

But its may be cool if anybody release tap-based effect. As I remember - few devices in RE use taps buttons (ochenk?)

turn2on
RE Developer

22 Feb 2019

Ecruos update v.1.0.4 is landing to the shop:

- Fixed bug with Resonance activity
Please Download new version with fixed bug now!
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... tap-delay/

Loque

16 Jun 2023

:clap: :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

arnigretar

17 Jun 2023

This has gone off my radar - will do this some business now. Beautiful as always Def.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

• Information