Deal of the Week or Reward

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2018

Well there we have it ladies and gentlemen. If something in the Rewards section goes on sale it’s no longer available to buy as a reward. Oh well...now we know.

Anybody use their €50 voucher to buy Layers Waves Edition? Man!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

06 Aug 2018

Ahh well that's cleared things up for me.

The rewards things is clearly just another marketing gambit to offer reduced prices. The best reduction in £ being 50/89= 56%. Not bad but not for me.

I can forget about my points now. Bit of a tease but no harm done.

Micha1973

06 Aug 2018

i do it last week - Layers Waves Edition - is a great sampler/synth
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Resonator

06 Aug 2018

As soon as I saw it was on sale, I went right to the rewards page to see it missing. Definitely not surprised.

joeyluck

06 Aug 2018

Zac wrote:
06 Aug 2018

The rewards things is clearly just another marketing gambit to offer reduced prices. The best reduction in £ being 50/89= 56%. Not bad but not for me.

Except with rewards, the points add up... And you can eventually exchange them for what would be the full value of some of these REs; certainly greater than even a 50% off sale. I think most of the folks that don't get on with rewards currently are those who immediately have a hole burning in their brand new rewards pocket.

Zac

06 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
06 Aug 2018
Zac wrote:
06 Aug 2018

Except with rewards, the points add up... And you can eventually exchange them for what would be the full value of some of these REs; certainly greater than even a 50% off sale. I think most of the folks that don't get on with rewards currently are those who immediately have a hole burning in their brand new rewards pocket.
That may be the case for some Joey but not me. I spent my £ks when Reason was a closed shop and I thought it always would be. I love REs in theory but have found better value for my buck with VSTs. Mainly freebies, 2nd hand, crazy sales and just straight forward honest pricing.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
06 Aug 2018
Zac wrote:
06 Aug 2018

Actually, and I may be wrong, it looks like the maximum voucher size is €50 and as only one code can be applied at a time this means the maximum discount you can get on any one Reward product will also be €50.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Faastwalker

06 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
06 Aug 2018
joeyluck wrote:
06 Aug 2018

Actually, and I may be wrong, it looks like the maximum voucher size is €50 and as only one code can be applied at a time this means the maximum discount you can get on any one Reward product will also be €50.
That was my understanding as well.

rpowers9

14 Aug 2018

For real, this was bogus. Come on propellerhead, I want the GOLD! I cashed in my 50 reward points, and it was like you took my spirit away. Put up some old refills, or some skins or something. A pitbull sampler pack? Anything I don't have to spend hard earned bucks on? Gimme the gold!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
06 Aug 2018
joeyluck wrote:
06 Aug 2018

Yep, You can only add one voucher code at a time and the maximum voucher is 50...
Zac wrote:
06 Aug 2018
The rewards things is clearly just another marketing gambit to offer reduced prices. The best reduction in £ being 50/89= 56%.
That is what it is...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2018

Ok. Maybe I am trying to incite a riot but giving people a €50 Reward for being a good customer (which I think is cool by the way) doesn’t feel so worthwhile when they put stuff in the Rewards section and then two weeks later just put it out at €50 less without you having to cash in your voucher (maybe after people have already done just that. ). So maybe the”reward” is that you get to present your voucher to Propellerheads as a thankyou for their years of service. Or maybe that your voucher allows you access and use of the RE two weeks extra before it goes on sale.
That in addition to the fact that actually all new Reason 10 customers got €25 so the people who have been with Reason for years and maybe spent thousands on REs got €25 extra. No complaints there mind you. Very nice...they didn’t need to give us anything really.
Um...what else? Oh yeah...even if you use your voucher you still need to lay out €50 more to buy you Reward but hey...I guess that’s just marketing.
So there you have it. I may be sounding like a broken record but I just felt like summarizing the main issues people have had. I mean if you don’t say how you feel how will they know how to improve eh? Constructive criticism?
That’s it. Do what thou wilt.
The revolution will not be televised.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2018

Couple of new REs added if anyone is interested.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ixus

14 Aug 2018

I was instantly thinking of getting super audio cart with my 25 eur discount when it was also deal of the week but then its removed from rewards lol.
Why not let customers feel a little smart and let them get 1 RE for a veeery good price for being loyal customers for like 10 years...
Or add some cheaper RE's to make it actually feel like a reward as it is called.

Props seem to give more freebies to new customers so we know that's the deal already. I can remember getting 1 Reason upgrade for free tho (pay what you want) a while back, perhaps when Record got integrated.

Anyhow its no biggie for me, if I really want a RE i just buy it!

Prints

14 Aug 2018

So waiting for Umpf to go on sale with the intention of also applying rewards to it is a pointless endeavor?? :(

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2018

Prints wrote:
14 Aug 2018
So waiting for Umpf to go on sale with the intention of also applying rewards to it is a pointless endeavor?? :(
Aaaah...But remember...if you buy Umpf you get the €69 drum sequencer free...oh wait...I’ve already got it. Maaan!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Prints

14 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
14 Aug 2018
Prints wrote:
14 Aug 2018
Aaaah...But remember...if you buy Umpf you get the €69 drum sequencer free...oh wait...I’ve already got it. Maaan!!!!
Yeah, the free drum sequencer was why I finally upgraded from Reason version 7 to version 10. I wish I could just use my rewards to upgrade my version of Parsec to 2.

Zac

14 Aug 2018

Prints wrote:
14 Aug 2018
MrFigg wrote:
14 Aug 2018

Yeah, the free drum sequencer was why I finally upgraded from Reason version 7 to version 10. I wish I could just use my rewards to upgrade my version of Parsec to 2.
Yes that would be nice. I've rattled on about the parsec upgrade never being discounted even when the whole synth is reduced greatly in a sale, so i won't repeat myself...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2018

Zac wrote:
14 Aug 2018
Prints wrote:
14 Aug 2018

Yes that would be nice. I've rattled on about the parsec upgrade never being discounted even when the whole synth is reduced greatly in a sale, so i won't repeat myself...
I’ve got the same issue when the rigs get reduced to €149 but the Rigs upgrade stays at €99.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tiker01

14 Aug 2018

Zac wrote:
14 Aug 2018
Prints wrote:
14 Aug 2018

The upgrade was discounted. ONCE. :roll:

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

14 Aug 2018

tiker01 wrote:
14 Aug 2018
Zac wrote:
14 Aug 2018

The upgrade was discounted. ONCE. :roll:
At this rate, folks could probably hold off and maybe it will be included in some future version of Reason like Radical Piano, Pulsar, and Synchronous. Would hate to have bought Parsec, then paid for the upgrade, and then see it included with Reason... I bought Radical Piano and the Soundiron ReFills (Olympus Micro and Tuned Micro). I'm sticking with version 1 of Parsec for now and the foreseeable future... I also happen to like the interface better.

Loque

15 Aug 2018

I just realized that I need to buy RE and stuff for around 2000 bucks a year to get my 5% reward on a full priced product which most of them are around 100 bucks atm. Naaa..... No thanks...
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
15 Aug 2018
I just realized that I need to buy RE and stuff for around 2000 bucks a year to get my 5% reward on a full priced product which most of them are around 100 bucks atm. Naaa..... No thanks...
it worst than that, looks like the maximum voucher you can use at one time is 50..

Loque

15 Aug 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
15 Aug 2018
Loque wrote:
15 Aug 2018
it worst than that, looks like the maximum voucher you can use at one time is 50..
That makes a reward of 2.5% if you buy for 2000€ per year :-)
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
15 Aug 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
15 Aug 2018

it would be $/€/£ 1950 to get 2.5% as at a €1000 you can use your first 50 off for the next buy. What a BARGAIN..... LOL....

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
15 Aug 2018
Loque wrote:
15 Aug 2018

it would be $/€/£ 1950 to get 2.5% as at a €1000 you can use your first 50 off for the next buy. What a BARGAIN..... LOL....
I get a better return on my food shopping at the supermarket. And €1950 sure does buy a lot of cans of beans in tomato sauce.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information