Deal of the Week or Reward

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
childofsaturn

15 Aug 2018

I think I'll just save up for Native Instruments Komplete at this point. There's still some REs that I'd like to buy, but looking back at how much I've spent on REs and how I could have bought Komplete a few times over, it makes me a little sick to the stomach. It's easy to give into spending $40-80 here and there, versus saving up for something more comprehensive and of better quality, but I think it's time to be less impulsive and work towards what I've considered the holy grail of software instrument suites.

househoppin09

16 Aug 2018

I have Komplete 11 Ultimate, which lists for $1200 but can be had for about half that if you wait for sales and follow the right upgrade path. It's an absolutely incredible value. You'll love it!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Aug 2018

childofsaturn wrote:
15 Aug 2018
I think I'll just save up for Native Instruments Komplete at this point. There's still some REs that I'd like to buy, but looking back at how much I've spent on REs and how I could have bought Komplete a few times over, it makes me a little sick to the stomach. It's easy to give into spending $40-80 here and there, versus saving up for something more comprehensive and of better quality, but I think it's time to be less impulsive and work towards what I've considered the holy grail of software instrument suites.
househoppin09 wrote:
16 Aug 2018
I have Komplete 11 Ultimate, which lists for $1200 but can be had for about half that if you wait for sales and follow the right upgrade path. It's an absolutely incredible value. You'll love it!
During the Reason VST craze I brought Komplete 11 Ultimate and Omnisphere 2, personally they are not for me, at the same time I brought RP's Explorer 4 and that pisses all over both of them and at a faction of the price....

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

househoppin09

16 Aug 2018

RP Explorer is great, but it's an apples vs. oranges comparison with Komplete. Just a totally different focus. Komplete has all the bases covered for the entire production process, all genres (or tries to), including extensive selections of sample-based instruments, FX and tools for mixing/mastering, etc. Rob Papen meets a different set of needs.

childofsaturn

16 Aug 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Aug 2018
childofsaturn wrote:
15 Aug 2018
househoppin09 wrote:
16 Aug 2018
During the Reason VST craze I brought Komplete 11 Ultimate and Omnisphere 2, personally they are not for me, at the same time I brought RP's Explorer 4 and that pisses all over both of them and at a faction of the price....

PoohBear

T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

To each their own, I'm glad you're happy with the RP option! I haven't checked out Explorer 4 yet, but I'll look into it. I will say I've always found RP's offerings to be a little lackluster, but that's just my personal taste. I've always loved the Komplete line up, there's something about the sound quality that really does it for me.

• Information