looking for a CV-Gate delay RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
electrofux

18 Jul 2018

I am looking fo a RE that can delay a stream/pattern of gates from zero to mutiples 16ths via one control.

I have the Quadelectra Repeater but that goes from 1 to multiples of 16th whicht is not ideal as i would need another control to turn it on or off when no delay is needed.

Maybe Lolth or Miranda can be turned into what i need because four 16th would be enough.

Or maybe there is a Thor solution or a RE that i dont know of.

Sterioevo

18 Jul 2018

ljekio

18 Jul 2018

electrofux wrote:
18 Jul 2018

Or maybe there is a Thor solution or a RE that i dont know of.
Thor with switch off delay (or dry/wet in wet position) as 0 delay.

Loque

18 Jul 2018

I like this one: https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... -splitter/

But you can also try to use Thor to convert your CV to audio, than Thors or any other delay, and finally convert the audio back to CV with Thor.
Reason12, Win10

electrofux

18 Jul 2018

The problem with Lolth/Miranda and later is that they delay 1/16th, 1/8th etc but i also need 3/16th (or does that equate to another available resolution on Later or Lolth? 1/4T maybe?) to push the gate 3 ticks.
Repeater would be perfect but it doesnt go down to zero.
Audio CV conversion might work though i assume it will put too much overhead into the stream.

The ultimate goal is to create a Drum Machine out of Elementary but where every gate signal can be nudged into the pattern by putting a delay after the gates, drop a Modpanel in front of it with some extras like assigning Drum Sounds and make it all remotable on the Launchpad.

Oh, just saw Lolth can do 3/16th, so i am nearly good. It can only be modulated via Combinator.

Loque

18 Jul 2018

electrofux wrote:
18 Jul 2018
The problem with Lolth/Miranda and later is that they delay 1/16th, 1/8th etc but i also need 3/16th (or does that equate to another available resolution on Later or Lolth? 1/4T maybe?) to push the gate 3 ticks.
Repeater would be perfect but it doesnt go down to zero.
Audio CV conversion might work though i assume it will put too much overhead into the stream.

The ultimate goal is to create a Drum Machine out of Elementary but where every gate signal can be nudged into the pattern by putting a delay after the gates, drop a Modpanel in front of it with some extras like assigning Drum Sounds and make it all remotable on the Launchpad.

Oh, just saw Lolth can do 3/16th, so i am nearly good. It can only be modulated via Combinator.
Lolth can be used serial by connecting them on the backside, so you can create any delay you want. As i said, for special things you can always use a normal audio delay by converting cv->audio->delay->cv with Thor (one device ;-)).
Reason12, Win10

electrofux

18 Jul 2018

It is a bit tricky because i need a delay per gatestream which is 15 delays. So i need at best a one knob delay and lolth is good because 4 per unit though i cant remote them all via the combinator.

Joerg

21 Jul 2018

You could use Thors Step Sequencer. Set its speed to 1/16, highlight every 3rd step, make it Oneshot and trigger it either by Midi via Combinator or by Gate trrigger. If you need more steps, you can chain multipleThor Step Sequencers in a row with the sockets 'End of Sequene Out' -> 'Gate In Trigger'. In that ccase you have to ensure, that the cascaded Thors don't trigger on Midi or Step Seqeuencer. It should only be triggered directly by End of Sequence of the previous Thor in the chain.
The nice thing is that you can define velocity for each step and that you can make different rhythmical patterns.
Switching Delay On/off is possible via Combintors Buttons or CVin, targeting the Run mode (Oneshot vs off)

• Information