Reason Electric Bass - new RE from Props, 99EUR

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
zumBeispiel

25 Aug 2018

The deal and the discount together make the REB' price very interesting ;)

REB.png

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2018

zumBeispiel wrote:
25 Aug 2018

REB.png
At that price I thought I would at least demo it...... first impressions.... still not worth it... will play with it a bit more..

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
25 Aug 2018
zumBeispiel wrote:
25 Aug 2018

REB.png
At that price I thought I would at least demo it...... first impressions.... still not worth it... will play with it a bit more..
Totally agree. I was waiting on it going on sale as I suspected the code would still work. I’ve got the refill but bought the RE anyway as it was cheap. Not that good. Oh well :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
25 Aug 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
25 Aug 2018

Totally agree. I was waiting on it going on sale as I suspected the code would still work. I’ve got the refill but bought the RE anyway as it was cheap. Not that good. Oh well :)
The big surprise was the lack of patches for it... You would have thought they would have doubled the amount of patches over the refill not 1/4 the amount (if even that).. ho hum, shit happens and life goes on...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
25 Aug 2018
MrFigg wrote:
25 Aug 2018

The big surprise was the lack of patches for it... You would have thought they would have doubled the amount of patches over the refill not 1/4 the amount (if even that).. ho hum, shit happens and life goes on...
I guess, if nothing else, it maybe has an the element of convenience.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

25 Aug 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
25 Aug 2018
MrFigg wrote:
25 Aug 2018

Could be my audio engineering background, but I never use presets for instruments like bass guitar. I pretty much always dial in my sound like a real bass player would. But the patches for pretty much all the Propellerhead refills weren't all that good to me anyway. And not just Propellerhead, but patches from any company for most VIs I've touched that emulate real instruments tend to be bad in my opinion outside of strings.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2018

Sat a couple of hours yesterday and mucked about with a new song. Played a bit with REB, took up my pink (yeah) Fender precision, put it through Cerberus then asked myself what the hell am I doing with a bass RE when I can funk it up all by myself. Get down!!
Last edited by MrFigg on 26 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

strangers
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2018

zumBeispiel wrote:
25 Aug 2018
Thanks for sharing. I've been demoing this for a couple weeks now. At $50 I was on the fence, but was a quick buy for only $19.11. I'm in the process of condensing my guitars an amps. This RE will save me from picking up a bass guitar.

With a little added processing, this RE sounds really good. Other than the original price tag, I'm not sure why this RE is getting more negative than positive comments. I'm going to use this on a song instead of an actual bass without mention and doubt anyone will realize the difference.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2018

strangers wrote:
26 Aug 2018
zumBeispiel wrote:
25 Aug 2018
Thanks for sharing. I've been demoing this for a couple weeks now. At $50 I was on the fence, but was a quick buy for only $19.11. I'm in the process of condensing my guitars an amps. This RE will save me from picking up a bass guitar.

With a little added processing, this RE sounds really good. Other than the original price tag, I'm not sure why this RE is getting more negative than positive comments. I'm going to use this on a song instead of an actual bass without mention and doubt anyone will realize the difference.
You will get good results and yes, it does do the job. I think the main thing that folk have been feeling is that it doesn’t bring anything that the refill didn’t have. But yeah...it works fine :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

strangers
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2018
You will get good results and yes, it does do the job. I think the main thing that folk have been feeling is that it doesn’t bring anything that the refill didn’t have. But yeah...it works fine :)
Whoops, I missed the part about the comparison to the refill. Don't mind me.

As for a non-refill comparison, the various basses are very handy. The amp and distortion sims are a little weak on their own. I've been bypassing both and running my own processing. This might be shaping up to be one of my more useful RE buys. The $19 price tag is just icing on the cake.

craven

26 Aug 2018

I got it during the week, should have waited for the sales, oh my. Classic :)
:ugeek:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2018

strangers wrote:
26 Aug 2018
MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2018
Whoops, I missed the part about the comparison to the refill. Don't mind me.

As for a non-refill comparison, the various basses are very handy. The amp and distortion sims are a little weak on their own. I've been bypassing both and running my own processing. This might be shaping up to be one of my more useful RE buys. The $19 price tag is just icing on the cake.
Yeah. Fire it through Cerberus and you’re golden :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ropay

15 Feb 2019

Just trying my luck here but does anyone know what the promo code is/was for this Electric Bass RE?

Thinking of buying it and just want to see if it still works.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

REBSAVE
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ropay

15 Feb 2019

Thanks.

Nope, as expected, it's expired by the looks of it.

Oh well...

• Information