Kompulsion question (moving notes)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
seqoi

08 Jul 2018

Hello! I can't figure out is this possible so maybe better to ask here. Picture attached so hopefully i will explain it (my english is terrible most of the time).
kompulsion.jpg
kompulsion
kompulsion.jpg (62.36 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Can i move notes left or right but only within limits of Loop Length? So when i move notes left or right only notes which are inside Loop Length are being moved. Meaning if i press left or right / those notes which are after loop length (greyed out in Kompulsion) are staying where they are. Only notes which are inside loop length should move. Is that possible?

Matrix does have this naturally. You can set any note or curve and only what is inside Matrix Loop Length (in Matrix it's called Step Length) is shifted up or down or left or right. What is outside remain intact.

Hopefully i described this so anyone can understand it.

Asking because Kompulsion can generate some serious random stuff but sometimes good stuff happens on half bar. Another example - something which is at the end of Kompulsion Loop Length is nice and i would like to move it to the left but then all notes even those outside loop length are being shifted making this almost impossible to do, only to start drawing from scratch.

Cheers everyone.

challism

08 Jul 2018

I don't think it is possible to do that, but you can copy the notes to track and easily play around with them in the sequencer.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Jul 2018

This is a good idea, I'll add it to the wish list.

seqoi

08 Jul 2018

rcbuse wrote:
08 Jul 2018
This is a good idea, I'll add it to the wish list.
Wow great!!

While i think on it, some global "parameter lock" (in the lack of finding better word) would be cool.

Meaning if i press/enable that "lock" option then everything what is inside "loop length" would be moved. not just Note, but Gate, Len, Vel, Oct - everything (if it's possible) is shifting accordingly inside Loop Lenght left or right markers. Hopefully that make sense.

• Information