Pink Noise Studio Maia Song Challenge-WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
ReasonTalk

04 Jul 2018

PinkNoise Studio and ReasonTalk are happy to announce the details of the Maia Dual Synthesizer Song Challenge where you can win Maia, Luna and some great ReFills.

Shop page: http://shop.propellerheads.se/redirect/ ... tudio.Maia

More info here: https://www.reasontalk.com/2018/06/maia-song-challenge/

FLVZ

05 Jul 2018

Only drum samples allowed will be the reason stock factory ones right ?

tiker01

05 Jul 2018

Flavolous wrote:
05 Jul 2018
All drum samples and loops comes with Reason are allowed.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

FLVZ

05 Jul 2018

tiker01 wrote:
05 Jul 2018
Flavolous wrote:
05 Jul 2018
I had a feeling I was not asking this in the right way. What mean to ask is:
Are 3rd party drum samples & loops allowed?

Mr. Watts

06 Jul 2018

I'm assuming that we're only allowed to use samples that either come in the factory sound bank or in a Reason content upgrade such as the Drum and Loop supply that came with R10. Never understood this rule because the focus of the challenge should be on the synth. I feel like allowing participants to use their own drum sounds would provide them an opportunity to get their best results. I mean if we can add other instrumentation such as guitar which is closer on the sonic pallet to a synth, then I don't see a reason to be bound to factory drum samples. That being said, this has given me an opportunity to check out the new drum samples in drum supply and was happy to find quite a few good sounds to make some Kong kits out of. :thumbs_up:

tiker01

06 Jul 2018

Flavolous wrote:
05 Jul 2018
tiker01 wrote:
05 Jul 2018

I had a feeling I was not asking this in the right way. What mean to ask is:
Are 3rd party drum samples & loops allowed?
No third party Drums sorry. Unless you have a set and record it into Reason, which I highly doubt you want to do.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

tiker01

06 Jul 2018

Mr. Watts wrote:
06 Jul 2018
I'm assuming that we're only allowed to use samples that either come in the factory sound bank or in a Reason content upgrade such as the Drum and Loop supply that came with R10. Never understood this rule because the focus of the challenge should be on the synth. I feel like allowing participants to use their own drum sounds would provide them an opportunity to get their best results. I mean if we can add other instrumentation such as guitar which is closer on the sonic pallet to a synth, then I don't see a reason to be bound to factory drum samples. That being said, this has given me an opportunity to check out the new drum samples in drum supply and was happy to find quite a few good sounds to make some Kong kits out of. :thumbs_up:
Not allowing external things is more of a technical, which makes life easier for judges. If the project files would contain any third party devices than opening them to check whether the rules has been adhered to would be impossible.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

tibah

06 Jul 2018

I have the same question, about 3rd party drum samples form our own libraries. It's also not specififally excluded in the "what you can't use" section of the challenge.

I did participate in 4 RE song challenges in the past (Vecto, Oberon, Nostromo, ReDominator, which all invovled Reasonistas/Noel G.) and in all of them we were allowed to use 3rd party drum samples. ;)

Re8et
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2018

It's a bit dirty, but i kinda like it as it is!
Awesome Synth! :P

tiker01

06 Jul 2018

tibah wrote:
06 Jul 2018
I have the same question, about 3rd party drum samples form our own libraries. It's also not specififally excluded in the "what you can't use" section of the challenge.

I did participate in 4 RE song challenges in the past (Vecto, Oberon, Nostromo, ReDominator, which all invovled Reasonistas/Noel G.) and in all of them we were allowed to use 3rd party drum samples. ;)
I am sorry to dissapoint you but this time around you cannot. We will consider changing this to the next challenge. BTW Pink Noise Studio strongly supported allowing only drums included in Reason to make the battlefield more even. ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

VHS

06 Jul 2018

great!

bepemixer

09 Jul 2018

Io uso Reason perchè funziona sempre!! : :reason: :record: :recycle: :ignition: :refill: :reload:

Bixbambi

12 Jul 2018

My participation in the competition.

PadShifta

14 Jul 2018

Hi there and thanks for the opportunity! Here´s my entry to the challenge. Hope you guys enjoy it! Cheers, Andy :puf_bigsmile:

tiker01

14 Jul 2018

Thanks for the submissions so far!
Keep them coming! Deadline is 22nd of July.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2018

It's been quite a while since I wrote a tune for a Song Challenge. Deadline is pretty soon but I think I'll give it a shot.

Great to see these Challenges alive and well.

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Jul 2018
It's been quite a while since I wrote a tune for a Song Challenge. Deadline is pretty soon but I think I'll give it a shot.

Great to see these Challenges alive and well.
YAY!!! :D

Really hope you pull it off in time.. I love hearing your entries ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2018

Alright, here's my entry.

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Jul 2018

Awesome!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2018

aeox wrote:
19 Jul 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Jul 2018

Awesome!

I find it quite amusing that I actually used the REX loop default patch "Acoustic Drums College" as the foundation for the drums here. God I hate that loop :lol: At this point I've heard it so many times in both Reason itself and as a demo example for REs in the Shop.
But when I wrote this song I heard a drum beat along those lines in my head so I thought why not try it at least. I did process the crap out of it in order to get something I liked from it. Also adding some white noise shaker rhythm using Maia made the drum loop a little less recognizable I think :D

MarkTarlton

19 Jul 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Jul 2018
I find it quite amusing that I actually used the REX loop default patch "Acoustic Drums College" as the foundation for the drums here. God I hate that loop :lol:
I got a good laugh out of this!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2018

I hope more people join in before the deadline. It's always fun to see how people use a specific instrument/tool so differently.

I don't know why I haven't joined more of these challenges lately. It's such a good way to get more music done and at the same time give a RE a fair trial.
There's been a few challenges where the rules didn't click with me, meaning they were too complicated or simply didn't inspire me to create in a way that fit me. But there were still many I could have joined. Oh well perhaps I was busy doing other things at the moment, can't remember :)

Bixbambi

20 Jul 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Jul 2018
I hope more people join in before the deadline. It's always fun to see how people use a specific instrument/tool so differently.

I don't know why I haven't joined more of these challenges lately. It's such a good way to get more music done and at the same time give a RE a fair trial.
There's been a few challenges where the rules didn't click with me, meaning they were too complicated or simply didn't inspire me to create in a way that fit me. But there were still many I could have joined. Oh well perhaps I was busy doing other things at the moment, can't remember :)
You're right @TritoneAddiction, I hope there will be more people in the weekend to join us.
Me too, I like listening to the songs of others. I like to discover the ideas of others.
The organizers should perhaps push back the deadline by one week for us to be more.
We participate to have fun.
It allows me to improve in several techniques.
Good luck to everyone.

tiker01

20 Jul 2018

No worries guys. Usually there is a peak at the end of submissions. But you are welcome to spread the word!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

• Information