Retouch Control Slider - how to map?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Matt van K

26 Jun 2018

Hello,

I´m searching for a hw solution for the Slider RE from Retouch Control. I thought that a joystick like from the mpk mini could do the job but there is no map option...
Any other solutions? Is it possible to route a multitouch tablet as second screen for remote the RE?

Bes
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2018

x y values are assignable from combinator programmer
- Certified Reason expert

Bes
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2018

oh i just checked and x y values are remoteable too.

while the RE is selected (blue highlight around the device) use the drop down menu from the very top of reason under options to get to the remote override edit mode. this greys out everything but the slider RE and brings up a few blue arrows which are not entirely obvious at first but the 3rd and 4th blue arrow in the display correspond to x and y values so you can double click on each arrow and i assume if you wiggle the joystick or whatever midi input you have it should automatically assign to those functions

ps x value is horizontal and y value is vertical

Matt van K

27 Jun 2018

Thanks!

Another question. I try to use a Galaxy S3 with Touch OSC but it doesn´t work. I install Loopback/Midi bridge. Try IP Adress but the Galaxy does not found any host.

Ideas?

Matt van K

29 Jun 2018

Works!

Unbelievable! I made a live performance on one screen with mutings/XV Pad settings/2 Trancegate/Reverb!
These goes so deep for performing live! (I like the size of a smartphone much more than the heavy Tablet...
The only problem, i cannot assign a keyboard. I only can use the Multichannel or the Keyboardsetting.

Solutions?

Thanks again!

Bes
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2018

i am unable to help you with connecting external tablet or phones into reason, i have never done that.

great to hear you are getting good use out of slider i think it is a fabulous RE

theshoemaker

29 Jun 2018

Matt van K wrote:
29 Jun 2018

The only problem, I cannot assign a keyboard. I only can use the Multichannel or the Keyboard setting.

Solutions?

Thanks again!
What do you mean?
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

• Information