Murder RhythmCutter [already in Prop Shop]

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

19 Jun 2018

Murder RhythmCutter

Intro discount up to 20 July

Introducing a powerful rhythmic cutter effect. With the MURDER rack extension it is possible to generate various arps and sequences with a few effects to create new complex rhythms for any incoming signal.
With GRID SIZE you can cut incoming audio signals into slices in steps that are synced to your Reason project tempo. 
STEPS PER BEAT sets the number of steps that are grouped as one beat. The RHYTHM MASK section includes up to 8 steps. Every step can be routed to various FX types and fx-hybrid variations. This part of the device is used to build new rhythms from scratch. The following are basic effects that can be routed to rhythm mask; 8 steps with 8 effect-variations:
- None (step is muted)

- Gate
- Repeat (each step repeats audio from previous step)

- Gate + Repeat (hybrid fx) 
- Pitch / Reverse (pitch sound up/down one octave, steps played in reverse) 

- Gate + Pitch / Reverse (hybrid fx)

- Repeat + Pitch / Reverse (hybrid fx)

- Gate + Repeat + Pitch / Reverse (hybrid fx)

In the GATE CREATOR section you can control Gate Depth and Length of gated steps before they are muted. Also, this section contains a Filter (HP/LP morph filter) for gated steps and a random filter per step.
The RECREATE section controls Repeat and RePitch effects. The REVERSE section controls playing mode in reverse with an offset. MURDER is a powerful creative engine for your tracks.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... thmcutter/
Last edited by turn2on on 04 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

19 Jun 2018

Interesting device. I guess a lot of glitchy stuff is possible beside stuttering. Can't wait to throw it into a delay feedback loop.
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

19 Jun 2018

Yep, I like the look of this definitely going to give it a try!

eusti

19 Jun 2018

Interesting! :)

D.

RobC

20 Jun 2018

New ER for Nosaer? : )

antic604

20 Jun 2018

Hmm. Only 8 steps? Why is there a Matrix if a) it's doubled with the list in the next panel b) you can't have 2 effects at once (other than the predefined combinations)? But it does look interesting and I'll have to check it out!

BTW, Turn2On should hire a graphic designer. At least drop the gradients for the backgrounds - we're way past the 90s when people were easily impressed with 16+ colours on screen ;)

turn2on
RE Developer

20 Jun 2018

antic604 wrote:
20 Jun 2018
Hmm. Only 8 steps? Why is there a Matrix if a) it's doubled with the list in the next panel b) you can't have 2 effects at once (other than the predefined combinations)? But it does look interesting and I'll have to check it out!

BTW, Turn2On should hire a graphic designer. At least drop the gradients for the backgrounds - we're way past the 90s when people were easily impressed with 16+ colours on screen ;)
Hi. About GUI. I not talk that current GUI is perfect. It something neutral (without gradient - it more harder to look). If anybody have ideas and can draw as example what he think its cool. In current GUI gradient of Recreate and Master sections play with Glitch Grid gradient. I can remove gradient form Master and Recreate, but static colours in Glitch section make GUi harder to look and work.

Matrix doubled for speed change access, if use only popup steps - really harder to work, but this popups text help to read active steps.
8 steps? Its current solution. More is going to sequencing. Now its more glitch/stutter effect. But size up of steps can be interesting

Loque

20 Jun 2018

turn2on wrote:
20 Jun 2018
antic604 wrote:
20 Jun 2018

Hi. About GUI. I not talk that current GUI is perfect. It something neutral (without gradient - it more harder to look). If anybody have ideas and can draw as example what he think its cool. In current GUI gradient of Recreate and Master sections play with Glitch Grid gradient. I can remove gradient form Master and Recreate, but static colours in Glitch section make GUi harder to look and work.

Matrix doubled for speed change access, if use only popup steps - really harder to work, but this popups text help to read active steps.
8 steps? Its current solution. More is going to sequencing. Now its more glitch/stutter effect. But size up of steps can be interesting
I did not tried it yet. I can see a Gate Re-Trigger, which could be some kind of RUN or Re-RUN of the sequence. If this is the case, it can be controlled to trigger the 8 step sequence. If there would be a Sequence-End CV out if the end of the 8 steps are reached, i could create a cascade of several MRCs?

Ok, might not really work, because i cannot stop the previous MRC - i also need to Bypass it. If i think a little bit more about it, i can image there is a tricky solution to create a longer sequence. But a simple start/stop trigger/hold and a sequence-finished CV out could help.

Any opinions?
Reason12, Win10

turn2on
RE Developer

20 Jun 2018

Need time to think about it. Main idea of this create more steps of sequence?

challism

21 Jun 2018

Maybe you could have 4 different screens of 8 steps, giving the user 32 steps. Kind of the way Redrum works, where it only shows you 1-16, 17-32, etc. You could put a 4-way switch, in the blank area, next to the "steps/none" text. Having 32 steps of glitchy goodness would, indeed, open this up to more creativity, by the user.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Jun 2018

Its nice idea. With add it to GUI no problems. Add steps need more technical part and need time. At this moment running big project (work last year on it), in parallel I try to make something for Murder soon as have time for it.

Despondo
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2018

RobC wrote:
20 Jun 2018
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RobC

23 Jun 2018

Despondo wrote:
23 Jun 2018
RobC wrote:
20 Jun 2018
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't live without puns. xD

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2021

Thought I’d bump this thread as I just noticed Murder is on sale and I think it’s great. Really good effect.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

30 Mar 2021

MrFigg wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Thought I’d bump this thread as I just noticed Murder is on sale and I think it’s great. Really good effect.
Yeah, this is one of my favorite Turn2On REs.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Lost Dog

04 Sep 2021

turn2on wrote:
04 Sep 2021
UPDATE 1.1.0:
Fixed glitches and unwanted clicks

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... thmcutter/

Also now with C2 patch possible to run x32 STEPS of Murder stuttering
"X32 STEPS" is a Combinator 2 patch.

Thank you!!! :puf_smile: :thumbup:

Lost Dog

21 Jan 2022

turn2on wrote:
21 Jan 2022
UPDATE 1.1.2

- Noise bug hotfix.
- Now if Reverse Amount = 100%, effect reverse all slices

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... thmcutter/
Thank you 🙏 🙂👍

Bes
Competition Winner

21 Jan 2022

is the combinator2 patch now in the RE patch folder or should i grab them from the link
- Certified Reason expert

crimsonwarlock

22 Jan 2022

Updated :D
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

moneykube

22 Jan 2022

thanks once more for the update
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information