synchronous question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
grizelda

18 Jun 2018

guys! how are all of you? i hope everyone happy and making great music.

i am currently doing a lot of sounds with synchronous and guys i really love it. it is such a terrific and inspirational music device.

one thing i am wondering of- is there a way to just catch/export/record the wet signal (in this case some really cool reverby scribbley tails courtesy of lectric panda :puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up: ) without any of the dry? or in another way to put it, just the fx from synchronous but not the original audio?

thanks guys i alway s really appreciate that you try to help me

griz

dandandaaan

18 Jun 2018

Hey,

I just had a quick play around and I don't think there is a way to do this with Synchronous alone! I think your best bet is to use a spider to split the signal before the Synchronous and set the Synchronous to 100% wet. Then you can add whatever other FX you want to the end of the Synchronous, take another "dry" out of the spider and either take them to different mix channels or just use a rack mixer to mix them together.

Here's a super simple example I just threw together: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1hmbzbsxn6mu ... e.cmb?dl=0

Hope that helps!

Edit: I a word
singer/songwriter with electronic tendencies

http://pointsmusic.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/points_music

Logic / Ableton Live / Reason Rack / Nord Stage 2 / Moog Grandmother / Eurorack / Guitars, drums, toys

selig
RE Developer

18 Jun 2018

grizelda wrote:guys! how are all of you? i hope everyone happy and making great music.

i am currently doing a lot of sounds with synchronous and guys i really love it. it is such a terrific and inspirational music device.

one thing i am wondering of- is there a way to just catch/export/record the wet signal (in this case some really cool reverby scribbley tails courtesy of lectric panda :puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up: ) without any of the dry? or in another way to put it, just the fx from synchronous but not the original audio?

griz
This one’s a little tricky, because Synchronous adds it’s FX (talking about just the Delay and Reverb) to the dry signal rather than using a dry/wet control for each FX. Yes, there is a dry/wet for the entire device, but when fully wet there is still some dry signal.

For example, if you adjust the “amount” knob on either Delay or Reverb, you’re simply adding the FX to the dry signal rather.

Luckily there’s a fairly quick fix. Here’s what you do to hear JUST the FX:

Create a parallel channel. Put Synchronous in the insert of the parallel channel. On the JUST parallel channel in the MIXER view, scroll to the top of the channel and click on the INV (polarity invert) button. This inverts the parallel channel, which will totally cancel out the direct signal leaving just the FX.

Note that for this to work you need to combine both channels (original and parallel), so if you want to bounce you’ll need to bounce the output of the mixer (solo these two channels first).

Alternatively, you can route both original and parallel channel to a new Bus Channel, and then export/bounce just that channel.

Hopefully this description makes sense - if not, let me know!
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

scratchnsnifff

18 Jun 2018

selig wrote:
18 Jun 2018
grizelda wrote:guys! how are all of you? i hope everyone happy and making great music.

griz
This one’s a little tricky, because Synchronous adds it’s FX (talking about just the Delay and Reverb) to the dry signal rather than using a dry/wet control for each FX. Yes, there is a dry/wet for the entire device, but when fully wet there is still some dry signal.

For example, if you adjust the “amount” knob on either Delay or Reverb, you’re simply adding the FX to the dry signal rather.

Create a parallel channel. Put Synchronous in the insert of the parallel channel. On the JUST parallel channel in the MIXER view, scroll to the top of the channel and click on the INV (polarity invert) button. This inverts the parallel channel, which will totally cancel out the direct signal leaving just the FX.

Note that for this to work you need to combine both channels (original and parallel), so if you want to bounce you’ll need to bounce the output of the mixer (solo these two channels first).

Alternatively, you can route both original and parallel channel to a new Bus Channel, and then export/bounce just that channel.

My mind just exploded, that’s awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

grizelda

19 Jun 2018

dandandaaan wrote:
18 Jun 2018
Hey,

I just had a quick play around and I don't think there is a way to do this with Synchronous alone! I think your best bet is to use a spider to split the signal before the Synchronous and set the Synchronous to 100% wet. Then you can add whatever other FX you want to the end of the Synchronous, take another "dry" out of the spider and either take them to different mix channels or just use a rack mixer to mix them together.

Here's a super simple example I just threw together: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1hmbzbsxn6mu ... e.cmb?dl=0

Hope that helps!

hello man wow thanks for going to effort to include a combi example. that is super helpful for me to learn from I appreciate your tips. also I really liked the song in signature block, the percussion particular sound nice for me!

grizelda

19 Jun 2018

selig wrote:
18 Jun 2018

wow I want to kiss you on the face!! thank you so so so much for this help. you must have a very big brain it is full of such many smart things for us plebs (or just me hehe)

Thank you I can’t wait to try this

motuscott

19 Jun 2018

That Selig fella knows his stuff
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

dandandaaan

19 Jun 2018

grizelda wrote:
19 Jun 2018
dandandaaan wrote:
18 Jun 2018
Hey,

Hope that helps!

hello man wow thanks for going to effort to include a combi example. that is super helpful for me to learn from I appreciate your tips. also I really liked the song in signature block, the percussion particular sound nice for me!
Wow thank you, that really means a lot!! I think selig's answer is better (I didn't realise until now that synchronous includes some dry signal even at 100% wet) but glad it was useful anyhow. Happy music-making!
singer/songwriter with electronic tendencies

http://pointsmusic.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/points_music

Logic / Ableton Live / Reason Rack / Nord Stage 2 / Moog Grandmother / Eurorack / Guitars, drums, toys

grizelda

01 Aug 2018

selig wrote:
18 Jun 2018

am just stopping back to say this worked AMAZING! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

i am super pysced to be thinking about how much possibilites are possible when using this tip!

thank you selig :ignition: :refill: :D

• Information