Kompulsion requests

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Boombastix
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2018

Hi, can we get negative delay in Kompulsion, just like we have in the new Drum Sequencer player? Kompulsion cannot be effectively used for hand claps unless you can set it to hit slightly before the kick. I think it would be OK if you set the delay default bar levels at the mid point, just like the bars are for the length setting. One would then also be able to let the groove drag or push a little over the 4 bars and get a bit more human feel, that would be awesome.

2nd request would be to see the value of the bar, at least while adjusting (in a mini pop up) if there is no space for it.
3rd request is in addition to moving the bars up/down and L/R, it would be really great if one could have expand and compress. E.g. use the average bar value and then expand up the bars above average and expand down the bars below average.
4th: I also think the init patch should be C chromatic scale, starting at C1 - that way it is the perfect match for Kong - 16 pads, ready to go! :thumbs_up:

I hope you will see this, LMK what you think! Cheers.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

rcbuse
RE Developer

17 Jun 2018

Thanks for the feedback, some good ideas in here!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2018

Boombastix wrote:
17 Jun 2018
Hi, can we get negative delay in Kompulsion, just like we have in the new Drum Sequencer player? Kompulsion cannot be effectively used for hand claps unless you can set it to hit slightly before the kick. I think it would be OK if you set the delay default bar levels at the mid point, just like the bars are for the length setting. One would then also be able to let the groove drag or push a little over the 4 bars and get a bit more human feel, that would be awesome.

2nd request would be to see the value of the bar, at least while adjusting (in a mini pop up) if there is no space for it.
3rd request is in addition to moving the bars up/down and L/R, it would be really great if one could have expand and compress. E.g. use the average bar value and then expand up the bars above average and expand down the bars below average.
4th: I also think the init patch should be C chromatic scale, starting at C1 - that way it is the perfect match for Kong - 16 pads, ready to go! :thumbs_up:

I hope you will see this, LMK what you think! Cheers.
Hello, just a follow up. Do you think my requests #1 is coming out soon? (i.e. "Slide" of the note timing á la the Drum Sequencer).
Not wanting to ignore #2-4, but the timing adjustment is SOOO key to get the feel to sit just right with drum sequencing. Thanks!

kraftf

21 Sep 2018

Might I add another request to the great kompulsion player?
I would really love cv input for switching on/off the 16 sequences.

guitfnky

21 Sep 2018

still hoping they'll add Offset CV ins like in Propulsion. sort of goes hand-in-hand with the OP's first request. being able to shift the triggered note ahead of the beat would be SUPER useful (IMO), especially if you can use CV to automate how much you're offsetting the note.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

25 Sep 2018

I have only started learning to use it, so pardon me if these things are already possible, but would be great to have repeats/flam and probability like on the drum sequencer!

I know there is ratchet, but it's not (I think) customizable like on drum sequencer? I need to play more with it, it is not so straightforward... And I did read the manual!

kraftf

30 Sep 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Sep 2018
I have only started learning to use it, so pardon me if these things are already possible, but would be great to have repeats/flam and probability like on the drum sequencer!

I know there is ratchet, but it's not (I think) customizable like on drum sequencer? I need to play more with it, it is not so straightforward... And I did read the manual!
Probability is already there in the prob tab. How can you miss this?
And yes repeats and flam is what mode and rept tabs are there for.

PhillipOrdonez

30 Sep 2018

kraftf wrote:
30 Sep 2018
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Sep 2018

Probability is already there in the prob tab. How can you miss this?
And yes repeats and flam is what mode and rept tabs are there for.
Yes indeed, there is probability. My bad, I had not missed that one though. I quite like the different repeat modes now that I have gotten to play more with it and finally understand how to modify the ratchet! :)

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

I hate to necro, but didn’t want to create a new thread. Lectric Panda, would it be possible to add global offsets for all of Kompulsion’s parameters? It would be amazing to be able to automate note length or probability or loop length as a pattern plays.

Also: I’ve looked around and I have to say Kompulsion is easily the best sequencer/arpeggiator on the market IMO. The Random-Walk direction setting alone kills most of the competition. Combine that with MIX and I just don’t see any other device rivaling it. Since the Reason Rack VST won’t include MIDI-out for a while, any chance of porting it to MIDI-VST/AU? Pretty sure you would win big.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

Timmy Crowne wrote:
28 Aug 2019
I hate to necro, but didn’t want to create a new thread. Lectric Panda, would it be possible to add global offsets for all of Kompulsion’s parameters? It would be amazing to be able to automate note length or probability or loop length as a pattern plays.
I remember Panda saying that some feature made adding new features tricky (such as sliding of note position). But, hey just create a new mode SEQ/ARP/DRM, and let the DRM mode be a copy of the SEQ mode sans the problematic feature(s) but including sliding of note position. Could that work?

• Information