RND Generator Randomizer from Lectric Panda

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4232
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 15 Jun 2018

Coming soon...
http://lectricpanda.com/
Image

Man...if this is what i might think of, this will be the holy grail.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
Voyager
Posts: 499
Joined: 21 Dec 2015

Post 15 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
15 Jun 2018
Man...if this is what i might think of, this will be the holy grail.
Image

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4232
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 15 Jun 2018

Voyager wrote:
15 Jun 2018
Loque wrote:
15 Jun 2018
Man...if this is what i might think of, this will be the holy grail.
Image
Random patch generation Player?!
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
fotizimo
Posts: 254
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Canada

Post 15 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
15 Jun 2018

Random patch generation Player?!
Player you say? So like a way to bring Lectric Panda randomization to other devices.... wow, that would be awesome.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4232
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 15 Jun 2018

fotizimo wrote:
15 Jun 2018
Loque wrote:
15 Jun 2018

Random patch generation Player?!
Player you say? So like a way to bring Lectric Panda randomization to other devices.... wow, that would be awesome.
No, that would be the holy grail. Lets cross fingers!
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
fotizimo
Posts: 254
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Canada

Post 15 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
15 Jun 2018

No, that would be the holy grail. Lets cross fingers!
I am, I am! Well with the round green button to the top left, that looks like a player standard.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

User avatar
theshoemaker
Posts: 557
Joined: 21 Nov 2015
Location: Germany

Post 15 Jun 2018

fotizimo wrote:
15 Jun 2018
Loque wrote:
15 Jun 2018

No, that would be the holy grail. Lets cross fingers!
I am, I am! Well with the round green button to the top left, that looks like a player standard.

It's totally doable, because the player sit in the midi stream. I'm doing something similar with my python codec. Anyway ... great thing to see. Some saw Torsion? Looks like a sampler or something related... Another grain engine ...?!
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V10 on MacOS Sierra

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 698
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 15 Jun 2018

Yes yes, and more yes.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1357
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 15 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
15 Jun 2018
fotizimo wrote:
15 Jun 2018


Player you say? So like a way to bring Lectric Panda randomization to other devices.... wow, that would be awesome.
No, that would be the holy grail. Lets cross fingers!
Holy shit that would be amazing. Not sure how it’s even possible. But I hope it is 😉

User avatar
rcbuse
Posts: 818
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: SR388

Post 15 Jun 2018

I would love the ability to randomize all parameters of a device though the player interface, but unfortunately thats not possible. What is possible is the modification of midi notes, and the generation of midi notes.

note values, timing, velocity.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1357
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
15 Jun 2018
I would love the ability to randomize all parameters of a device though the player interface, but unfortunately thats not possible.
I did wonder.

seqoi
Posts: 240
Joined: 12 Aug 2017

Post 16 Jun 2018

OMG new device from Panda...When :)

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 2209
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
15 Jun 2018
I would love the ability to randomize all parameters of a device though the player interface, but unfortunately thats not possible. What is possible is the modification of midi notes, and the generation of midi notes.

note values, timing, velocity.
interesting! I always love to add randomness on timing and velocity for lively patterns.
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

mataya

Post 16 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
15 Jun 2018
I would love the ability to randomize all parameters of a device though the player interface, but unfortunately thats not possible. What is possible is the modification of midi notes, and the generation of midi notes.

note values, timing, velocity.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 580
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
15 Jun 2018
I would love the ability to randomize all parameters of a device though the player interface, but unfortunately thats not possible.
I thought about a device in which an array of randomized parameters is sent by CV to EMI and through midi loopback was returned to selected device.
Even earlier I did this in the NI Reaktor, but it turned out to be inconvenient.
note values, timing, velocity.
Good news.

User avatar
xylyx
Posts: 112
Joined: 11 Feb 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

Sounds like might do the sort of things that Ableton Live's midi devices do, such their Velocity and Random midi devices...which would be a very good thing :)

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 520
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 16 Jun 2018

Praise the Panda!

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4232
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
15 Jun 2018
I would love the ability to randomize all parameters of a device though the player interface, but unfortunately thats not possible. What is possible is the modification of midi notes, and the generation of midi notes.

note values, timing, velocity.
Timing? In both directions?
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

electrofux
Posts: 570
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

Randomizing Parameters is something that could be easily done with Remote for certain control surfaces.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 569
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
15 Jun 2018
What is possible is the modification of midi notes, and the generation of midi notes.

note values, timing, velocity.
take my money.

User avatar
rcbuse
Posts: 818
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: SR388

Post 16 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2018
Timing? In both directions?
They can only effect what has happened, there isn't any access to future events.

EdGrip
Posts: 1295
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 16 Jun 2018

I think at this point Propellerhead just need to accept the inevitable and give you a job.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4232
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
16 Jun 2018
Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2018
Timing? In both directions?
They can only effect what has happened, there isn't any access to future events.
Agree. But what about an adjustable delay like -30ms to +30ms, where everything is delayed (and compensated). I play a note, and it would come 30ms delayed right in timing. If they get randomized, they may occur directly, like -30ms befire quantized or up to 60ms later.

Might not be the best thing for live performances, but would allow random timing in both directions when i create a track and due to PDC it is allways in timing, before or after quantized notes. Perfect for humanizing. Not sure if this is possible.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 2209
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
16 Jun 2018
Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2018
Timing? In both directions?
They can only effect what has happened, there isn't any access to future events.
I guess the players work as live devices, would be cool though if players could also read from the sequencer.
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4232
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 16 Jun 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
16 Jun 2018
I guess the players work as live devices, would be cool though if players could also read from the sequencer.
Erm...they can read from the sequencer, or to be precise, they just receive note informations from somewhere...or do you mean something else?
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], cymek74, Google Adsense [Bot], KirkMarkarian and 2 guests