Torsion Texture Lab from Lectric Panda

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tibah

20 Jun 2018

Enjoying this a lot, but even the intro price seems a bit *out there* for what it does, personally.

That said, I'm an easy guy. One sample load + randomizer light version ahead? :D

MannequinRaces

25 Jun 2018

Any chance you could extend intro pricing? I thought it lasted longer... :)

rcbuse
RE Developer

25 Jun 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
25 Jun 2018
Yea, sure, I put in the request to run it until the end of June like RND. Hopefully it will be up quick.

MannequinRaces

25 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
25 Jun 2018
MannequinRaces wrote:
25 Jun 2018
Yea, sure, I put in the request to run it until the end of June like RND. Hopefully it will be up quick.
Perfect. Thank you Rob!

geronimo

25 Jun 2018

+ 1 _ :puf_smile:

Faastwalker

25 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
25 Jun 2018
MannequinRaces wrote:
25 Jun 2018
Awesome. Will definitely snap this up for the intro price if it comes back.

I missed out waiting for pay day this week. It's a lot of fun. Very cool RE.

Faastwalker

26 Jun 2018

....... Back on intro price;

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... xture-lab/

Purchased. LectricPanda, please tell me you DON'T have any more RE's ready for at least a month? Eating up my funds gratefully ;) Loving these devices.

rcbuse
RE Developer

26 Jun 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
26 Jun 2018
please tell me you DON'T have any more RE's ready for at least a month? Eating up my funds gratefully ;) Loving these devices.
Hah, just some free updates in the pipe for now. Then its back to the notebooks to start some new ones.

Marco Raaphorst

26 Jun 2018

WOW!

MannequinRaces

26 Jun 2018

I bought this and RND, thank you for extending the sale Rob!!

rcbuse
RE Developer

26 Jun 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
26 Jun 2018
I bought this and RND, thank you for extending the sale Rob!!
No problem at all!
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

geronimo

28 Jun 2018

To your Combinators .

Torsion.jpg
Torsion.jpg (39.9 KiB) Viewed 2838 times

challism

02 Jul 2018

It took me a while to warm up to this device. I found that simply throwing on a LP filter, behind this device, has made a world of difference. It has really helped mellow out all the harsh sounds I was getting. And now that I have figured out how to control the sound, and figured out how to control the instrument itself (I love tweaking knobs), I am having a BLAST with this device. It's so much fun to experiment with and destroy my audio samples. It's making the most unique, other-worldly sounds and adding fantastically interesting textures to my music.

Thank you for this kick ass device, Lectric Panda! And thanks for the hours of fun I am having, and will continue to have. <3
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

KirkMarkarian

02 Jul 2018

Under the moniker "co-workers", I also creative meditative music. I used Torsion on each of these tracks as the main backing of granular smears, clicks and pops, and general ambience. Melodies done with Parsec.

rcbuse
RE Developer

02 Jul 2018

KirkMarkarian wrote:
02 Jul 2018
Under the moniker "co-workers", I also creative meditative music. I used Torsion on each of these tracks as the main backing of granular smears, clicks and pops, and general ambience. Melodies done with Parsec.
Love it. Reaching Through is fantastic.

Faastwalker

03 Jul 2018

KirkMarkarian wrote:
02 Jul 2018

That's really good. Do you pretty much use Reason exclusively? Nice work ;)

tiker01

03 Jul 2018

rcbuse wrote:
02 Jul 2018
KirkMarkarian wrote:
02 Jul 2018
Perhaps it could be added to the Shop page?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

KirkMarkarian

03 Jul 2018

rcbuse wrote:
02 Jul 2018
KirkMarkarian wrote:
02 Jul 2018
Thank you! I'm really glad you made this RE - it's allowed me to go where I needed to get to - I can't stop fiddling with it. Even if nothing comes of it, the things I want to hear are now realized within my favorite DAW!

KirkMarkarian

03 Jul 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
03 Jul 2018
KirkMarkarian wrote:
02 Jul 2018

That's really good. Do you pretty much use Reason exclusively? Nice work ;)
Thank you for the kind words! I do use Reason exclusively. It's been my DAW of choice since it 2002, I think that's when I got it. Every type of synthesis I've wanted, it is available. Now we're getting the Max/MSP-type stuff I've been begging for, in RE format. Happy Day!

dallasknight

20 Oct 2018

Hoping somebody can help me

When I patch gates to the individual grain gates, nothing happens, this with the master gate off and nothing plugged in. Not sure what ive missed here? really confused

rcbuse
RE Developer

20 Oct 2018

dallasknight wrote:
20 Oct 2018
Hoping somebody can help me

When I patch gates to the individual grain gates, nothing happens, this with the master gate off and nothing plugged in. Not sure what ive missed here? really confused
You are going to want to keep the master gate ON and then use the gates in the back.

More details: http://lectricpanda.com/Torsion_Operati ... _1_0_0.pdf

Wobbleburger

23 Oct 2018

Torsion is great. I loaded up 2 samples into it last night... Both vocals. I concentrated the grain loops on the strange transient spaces in between words. Then, I used LFO1 and 2 to slightly automate the positions on both grains. The result was an extremely creepy breathing sound... Once I embraced how weird it was, I found that I could build songs around it. Definitely a great way to get those Aphex Twin/Venetian Snares vocal sounds that cannot be created from simply slicing audio.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

bullt

23 Oct 2021

Wobbleburger wrote:
23 Oct 2018
Torsion is great. I loaded up 2 samples into it last night... Both vocals. I concentrated the grain loops on the strange transient spaces in between words. Then, I used LFO1 and 2 to slightly automate the positions on both grains. The result was an extremely creepy breathing sound... Once I embraced how weird it was, I found that I could build songs around it. Definitely a great way to get those Aphex Twin/Venetian Snares vocal sounds that cannot be created from simply slicing audio.
that´s my idea, I´ll combine torsion with some eurorack modular samplers with a coin toss gate signal....

bullt

23 Oct 2021

rcbuse wrote:
19 Jun 2018
Libraquaricorn wrote:
19 Jun 2018
So I bought it and I love it,

and it even made me walk around the house with my old Zoom H4n hunting for samples :D

....but I kinda wish I had individual audio outputs, one for each grain engine. Possible future update?
Thanks for the other reports you put above. Yea, the individual outs were the first, second, and probably third feature request, :shock: :shock:
I just discover torsion,
any news about this?

anyway I´ll wait till BF to try to buy this

• Information