New Granada 49 RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

07 Jun 2018

It comes from Soundiron and is also available for Kontakt. It was made in a cooperation with Nucleus Soundlab. It is a "Supercharged Seventies Synth - Soundiron's Granada 49 is a vintage 49-key analog synth from the 1970s".

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-extension/granada/
Reason12, Win10

Adabler
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2018

Oh my, this is extremely my thing. Demos sound fantastic!

One thing though, Propellerheads should make it so that it is impossible to release a sample based product in the shop without any information on file size.
:reason: 12, Win10

djadalaide

07 Jun 2018

Adabler wrote:
07 Jun 2018

One thing though, Propellerheads should make it so that it is impossible to release a sample based product in the shop without any information on file size.
2.05Gb it says on the soundiron website..

https://soundiron.com/products/granada-49

Could be cut down from that, who knows!

jimmyklane

07 Jun 2018

Adabler wrote:
07 Jun 2018

Why would file size matter? (Serious question)
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Adabler
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
07 Jun 2018
Adabler wrote:
07 Jun 2018

I've got a small SSD so I try to be a little mindful of RE sizes. It is a little annoying to have search for this information or even trial the RE to find out. I will buy a another hd soonish which will solve the problem for me, but I've always thought it would be useful have this information somewhere on the product page.

jayhosking

07 Jun 2018

Demos sound great. Anybody put it through its paces yet?

kitekrazy

07 Jun 2018

Adabler wrote:
07 Jun 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
07 Jun 2018

I've got a small SSD so I try to be a little mindful of RE sizes. It is a little annoying to have search for this information or even trial the RE to find out. I will buy a another hd soonish which will solve the problem for me, but I've always thought it would be useful have this information somewhere on the product page.
Same here. I don't bug samples based REs. Hopefully Props will make it possible to load RE samples on a different drive and not try to deal with the makelink which I can never get right. No other DAW does this.

Adabler
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2018

jayhosking wrote:
07 Jun 2018
Demos sound great. Anybody put it through its paces yet?
I've played with it for a little while now and I still think it sounds amazing. There are not many patches and most of them are more like crazy effects/textures than instruments. When I reset the device and fiddle around I suddenly find myself in what sounds like 70's sci-fi horror soundscapes. Patchy people like me should not be disheartened by the lack of patches though, it has a very easy and tidy lay out and you'll be making very cool stuff in no time, if you are into this sort of thing (or psy trance).

Edit: The download was 1.9 GiB. :)

strangers
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2018

The demos sound amazing. I really don't need any more RE's but I think I have to trial this just to be sure.
Adabler wrote:
07 Jun 2018
I've played with it for a little while now and I still think it sounds amazing. There are not many patches and most of them are more like crazy effects/textures than instruments. When I reset the device and fiddle around I suddenly find myself in what sounds like 70's sci-fi horror soundscapes. Patchy people like me should not be disheartened by the lack of patches though, it has a very easy and tidy lay out and you'll be making very cool stuff in no time, if you are into this sort of thing (or psy trance).
Now I'm even more interested in trying this out.

Catblack

30 Aug 2018

It looks like this is currently $9 in the summer sale.

Edit: Trialed it, I'm going to pass.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

strangers
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2018

Catblack wrote:
30 Aug 2018

What made you pass on it? I used up my trial a few months ago and don't really remember the RE too well to know if I want to pick it up before the sale ends.

Catblack

01 Sep 2018

strangers wrote:
01 Sep 2018
Catblack wrote:
30 Aug 2018

What made you pass on it? I used up my trial a few months ago and don't really remember the RE too well to know if I want to pick it up before the sale ends.
There's like 15 or so patches for it. It's got a long dropdown to change the core sample set, and those are poorly named. (In three groups, I think.) Basically it just sounds horrible and seems very low effort. Like it's the exact thing people for years were complaining about REs using the IDT codebase to do. I know that sounds harsh, and I'd usually be all over a $9 RE, but it's 2gb and sure doesn't sound like it.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

strangers
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2018

Catblack wrote:
01 Sep 2018
There's like 15 or so patches for it. It's got a long dropdown to change the core sample set, and those are poorly named. (In three groups, I think.) Basically it just sounds horrible and seems very low effort. Like it's the exact thing people for years were complaining about REs using the IDT codebase to do. I know that sounds harsh, and I'd usually be all over a $9 RE, but it's 2gb and sure doesn't sound like it.
I appreciate the honest feedback. Been a while since I trialed the RE and didn't even remember there being such a limited amount of patches. Sounds like $9 I'll save toward something else.

SmokeyJ

02 Sep 2018

I picked it up and think it's worth $9. Keep in mind it's a RE version of the Fesma Granada, which didn't have a ton of variety in sound in the first place. It does capture that sound well, so you can listen to some Youtube clips of the Fesma Granada and see if it's a sound you're interested in.

There are some cool ambiances included.

I would've liked to have seen a few more presets and a light GUI, though.

moneykube

18 Sep 2018

37.00 CAD... like most if the demos,,, bought because I 'm :thumbs_down: :!: :roll: :lol: :re: addicted
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

seqoi

20 Sep 2018

Well gotta say demos are indeed creamy.

O1B

20 Sep 2018

seqoi wrote:
20 Sep 2018
Well gotta say demos are indeed creamy.
Yes, they are a wash of delay and reverb.
I like that "graphical fade" of the 'faders' - or - it looks that way from the image, :?: ...

What are the delay times? reverb? pre-delay? lfo rates?
A few things missing in that amp section, no? +/-, Loop, ...
Do the keys on the piano move while I'm playing? that'd be cool, i guess....

Seems like an FX engine tied to it's limited set of internal samples ... (Audio in would've made it more appealing)

I find myself wanting to wire it from the front..

• Information