Quadelectra Trigater in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Despondo
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2018

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-extension/trigater/
What if you could use your favorite drum sequencer as a step sequencer? With Trigater you can find that out, and do much more!

Product details
Trigater is a utility device that converts a trigger pulse from a drum sequencer to a CV / Gate pair. When an incoming trigger signal is fired, its corresponding CV / Gate pair is executed for a specified given length.

In total Triggater has 16 programable trigger to CV / gate slots, which can be assigned to 8 different output CV / gate pairs, a feature that enables you to use a single sequencer to control up to 8 different instruments.

Trigater was meant to be used with our well acclaimed System9 multiple pattern sequencer, but you can use it with any sequencer you like as a source, be it Redrum, Matrix, another 3rd Party sequencer, or even the new Drum Sequencer Player.

Although by default each trigger is converted to a corresponding CV / gate, Trigater can be configured to fire sequentially each trigger in either ascending, descending, alternating, or random order.

If you don’t wish to use an external device, you can always use your MIDI keyboard instead, since all triggers can be executed from there too. And since Trigater is MIDI aware, you can use your keyboard or the editor to change pitch or scale velocity.

But Trigater is not only a trigger to CV / gat convertor. You can configure it to act as a step sequencer, firing each step after the previous finishes playing, much like an analogue oldskool style sequencer. Of course the sequencer can also be configured to run forward, backward, alternating or random.

Other global controls, include muting and / or soloing triggers, global transposition, velocity, and length scaling.

And that’s not all: We’ve also added an extensive toolkit, which provides many handy functions to ease your life and speed your workflow. Functions like copy / paste, insert or delete, randomization, transposition or velocity scaling and normalization, scale conforming plus many others. With all the provided functionality you can pretty much use the functions of the toolkit in a creative manner, generating sequences and applying transformations, much like you’d make music in a procedural approach.

To put it in simple words, Trigater is your “go-to” device for experimental, techno, glitch or any other procedural style music.

We’ve imagined and built Trigater to be a versatile device. A handy tool that will serve an elementary part of your music production.

Feel free to give it a try!

Features at a glance
16 Programable Trigger To CV / Gate Slots.
8 CV / Gate Outputs to Sequence up to 8 instruments under one instance.
Configurable “XTRA” (Extra) trigger outputs.
Mute / Solo Switches Per Slot (plus a Play button).
Trigger Firing Functionality (Direct, Next, Previous, Pendulum, Random)
Sequencer Functionality (Forward, Backward, Alternating, Random)
Global Transpose, Velocity & Length Scaling.
Velocity scaling from trigger value.
MIDI functionality: Trigger execution, Pitch & Velocity control.
Extensive Function Toolkit: Copy, Paste, Insert, Delete, Transpose, Scale Conform, Randomization, Note Interval Generator plus many more.
Comes as a Utility Device (NOT a player). Can be used with Reason versions prior to 10.1
Last edited by Despondo on 08 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

seqoi

07 Jun 2018

Wow this is awesome

antic604

07 Jun 2018

Nice, but still missing a lot to give the functionality I've described here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7506889

Loque

07 Jun 2018

Reason12, Win10

electrofux

07 Jun 2018

Cool device, dissappointing Remote implementation. Why is the display not remotable?

RobC

07 Jun 2018

I dig the Gameboy display. : ) These devices should have classic tetris on it with the same music and sounds.

Loque

07 Jun 2018

RobC wrote:
07 Jun 2018
I dig the Gameboy display. : ) These devices should have classic tetris on it with the same music and sounds.
You mean, note and gate CV out to trigger synths from the melody? And CV in, to control the blocks?
Reason12, Win10

mataya

07 Jun 2018

I'm to stupid for this device. Can't make anything to work as I thought it would. Maybe some more example videos? Combinator patches produce no sound. I hook up matrix in a couple of ways, but nothing happens. I know there's manual, but it can't be that complicated that I can't make a sequence playing out of it.

tx
M

djadalaide

07 Jun 2018

Damn i've been needing this for ages!

Voyager

07 Jun 2018

mataya wrote:
07 Jun 2018

I'm to stupid for this device. Can't make anything to work as I thought it would. Maybe some more example videos? Combinator patches produce no sound. I hook up matrix in a couple of ways, but nothing happens. I know there's manual, but it can't be that complicated that I can't make a sequence playing out of it.

tx
M

Indeed. Matrix doesn't have those multiple triggers as System 9 so how i'm supposed to use it with a Matrix ?

mataya

07 Jun 2018

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware that quadelectra's people are very smart and talented. And I want to love this device and I think eventually I will...just seems like a really hard start and I even had fast and amazing results with PSQ then with Trigater.(i know they'r different)
I guess I'll have to go deep into manual, just thought I would start bangin' some techno right after install. :)

Hope to see some fresh ideas soon.

tx
M

chimp_spanner

07 Jun 2018

I'm like 70% there with this. On trial atm. So I'd say a more accurate description of this device is a gate triggered voice assigner. I've used Blamsofts Distributor in a similar way before, hooking up a bunch of different bass patches and then playing in a bass line and having each note be a different synth. This kinda reminds me of that, but with more control. So you can sequence which voice (synth) is triggered using an external sequencer like System 9, or using its onboard rudimentary sequencer (just plays through the available outputs in various orders).

I have got some pretty cool sounding results on my first try. The only thing I can't get going is MIDI transpose. And the manual PDF is 404'ing. If QE is about any help would be excellent!

*Edit: turns out you have to hold the key down to transpose. Assumed it was a latch dealy like Robotic Bean's Step.

ljekio

07 Jun 2018

While I see that device as sequencer for generative music for patterns what created by note length.
After all, the note length is usually ignored in the drum presets.
But in general an interesting thing.

chimp_spanner

08 Jun 2018

ljekio wrote:
07 Jun 2018
While I see that device as sequencer for generative music for patterns what created by note length.
After all, the note length is usually ignored in the drum presets.
But in general an interesting thing.
Yeah the note length is mostly applicable to melodic elements. So if you were sequencing a bass line across multiple presets, and there was one that sounded better with a shorter or longer note, you'd adjust it here rather than in the preset itself. I think interesting is the word! Still trying to figure out if I need it or not haha. I have most of QE's other stuff.

Despondo
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
07 Jun 2018
Link is off, try this: https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-extension/trigater/
Yeah...There was a typo in the original shop entry. I contacted the dev and they corrected it. I will edit my original post. ;-)

steff3

10 Jun 2018

Missing modulation/cv inputs -> to note assignment and selected output.

Would be great to have those

best

mojo

10 Jun 2018

So it's a more powerfull and a cheaper trigger multiplexer. Well done I'll try it for sure.

electrofux

12 Jun 2018

steff3 wrote:
10 Jun 2018
Missing modulation/cv inputs -> to note assignment and selected output.

Would be great to have those

best
seconded

kraftf

12 Jun 2018

mojo wrote:
10 Jun 2018
So it's a more powerfull and a cheaper trigger multiplexer. Well done I'll try it for sure.
That's what I thought when I first saw it. But after testing it I realized that it's monophonic in terms of gate trigging. So no its not another version of trigger multiplexer.

Bes
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2018

i have used up my trial on this device already and found the lack of poly triggering to be an issue. but recently it received an update and the changelog seems to state that it was always meant to have poly triggering.

1.0.1 Update
Fixed an issue with polyphony when the device was used in non-sequencer mode.
Performed some minor improvements and fixes to the patches.

can anyone confirm that this is good now or should i just hit the purchase button and see for myself?
- Certified Reason expert

• Information