Aquios X4 Workstation ROM is on sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Michaellos

08 Jun 2018

So, I finally grabbed Aquios and from my view it is pretty good tool, at least for my type of music - darkwave, industrial, or whatsoever... Sounds far more better, than Hydronexius, so, if you have Aquios X4 and like the way it sounds, there's possibly no need in Hydro. Not a bad deal for 19 $

United South

08 Jun 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
08 Jun 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
08 Jun 2018
I get that you’ve invested your money into software and really really want to believe it’s as good as hardware, but I’m sorry I just don’t think you’re correct in your assessment.
So you can say this but I can't say you've wasted your money on all them imo junk outdated hardware samplers? Ok.

So my opinion is harassing you? QV said the same thing regarding hardware samplers is he harassing you too? Do you want to hear his music also?

I would battle you in Hip hop,Soul,Trap Soul,Trap,Reggae but I'm not going to let you get me banned like another user did so let's stick to the facts.

Better yet just block me because I can see me exposing you by the knowledge your displaying about software and if what I said earlier triggered you my facts about your hardware can really hurt your feelings.

We agree to disagree and avoid each other.

WongoTheSane

08 Jun 2018

Back to Aquios. The next reference to a sampler, hardware or software, wins a free trip to Bania for a week.

QVprod

09 Jun 2018

United South wrote:
08 Jun 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
08 Jun 2018
Guys lets keep this friendly please? Keep in mind that things written in text can sound more intense than intended and cause offense.

Besides, not to take sides, but the argument is really personal preference here. As far as functionality, software samplers (in general) are definitely more capable. Hardware samplers have their specific sound imprint, if you care enough about that. For those that don't, using something like Decimort or even the recent RX950, is enough to get a lofi type sound. Drums can also sound just fine without that treatment.

Now we should really be getting back on topic though... my apologies for my own part in the fray.

jimmyklane

09 Jun 2018

QVprod wrote:
09 Jun 2018
United South wrote:
08 Jun 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
08 Jun 2018
Guys lets keep this friendly please? Keep in mind that things written in text can sound more intense than intended and cause offense.

Besides, not to take sides, but the argument is really personal preference here. As far as functionality, software samplers (in general) are definitely more capable. Hardware samplers have their specific sound imprint, if you care enough about that. For those that don't, using something like Decimort or even the recent RX950, is enough to get a lofi type sound. Drums can also sound just fine without that treatment.

Now we should really be getting back on topic though... my apologies for my own part in the fray.
So who is using this in their productions? I haven’t heard anything other than the sound examples on SC, which didn’t impress me that much...
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

apoc123
RE Developer

11 Jun 2018

Just a heads up the Aquios RE will be on sale for a limited time!

Available at:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ation-rom/
Last edited by apoc123 on 11 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

11 Jun 2018

There is already a thread about this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7507334

D.

chimp_spanner

12 Jun 2018

Just use what gets the job done. Simple as that. I have a fledgling collection of hardware (Roland Boutiques, Korg Volcas, Bass Station II - albeit on loan! - and I'm fully aware that I can get REALLY close to any of them with software. But I just like the "mojo", even if it's somewhat imaginary. It does make me write and work differently getting all the toys out ya know. If you want a laugh, I'm currently in the market for an old Sound Canvas 880. I don't really think it's imbued with anything overly special but it's nostalgic AF (used to work on it in my early days of music) and some of the sounds are actually pretty good! The pianos are decent for dancey stuff. The drums include a great selection of Roland drum machines *from* Roland. It has a decent multi-fx engine. I actually have the plugin version (Sound Canvas VA) but it's buggy as hell in Reason and I'd be happy to just have it in hardware tbh.

My point is, it's old. Really old. It's undoubtedly been surpassed by modern hardware and software but, I like it. I'm honest with myself about why, for sure. But ya know. Whatever helps us write music and get excited about the process; it's all good!

*Edit: just saw the post about not talking about hardware. I hear Bania is nice this time of year :?

EnochLight

12 Jun 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
09 Jun 2018
So who is using this in their productions? I haven’t heard anything other than the sound examples on SC, which didn’t impress me that much...
To be fair, there is already a thread about this right here:

viewtopic.php?p=394488#p394488

As for Aquios X4, I think I'm going to pass. I already have a few romplers and don't really need anymore.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moneykube

13 Jun 2018

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:new it... there was a reason for this sale... hmmmm... so bought it yesterday because price seemed right for that many sounds to muck with... today... a new version with 2oo patches added... um... has anything changed but the new patches???? just bought a refill fron them on sale for version 1 for 5 bucks with over 200 sounds... will this be the new refill approach... what is different... any imporoveent... have not tested thi yet... I suposse the other sale will do the same... kind of trick approach if you ask me... like why...if not changes in programing ....make refills... anyone have thoughts... insight... articulate words of wisdom perhaps... enlight me.... this reminds me of shrock synth upgrade which disappered into the neither world for wombat poke out the eyes of the unbelievers... cold killing critters... red eyed wombat from hell whering seal skin wet suits
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

fieldframe
RE Developer

13 Jun 2018

I still don't understand how people can use this instrument without their eyes bleeding. It's like the text labels for half the controls are wearing camouflage, craftily trying to blend into their environment so as to avoid getting poked by your mouse pointer.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2018

moneykube wrote:
13 Jun 2018
:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:new it... there was a reason for this sale... hmmmm... so bought it yesterday because price seemed right for that many sounds to muck with... today... a new version with 2oo patches added... um... has anything changed but the new patches???? just bought a refill fron them on sale for version 1 for 5 bucks with over 200 sounds... will this be the new refill approach... what is different... any imporoveent... have not tested thi yet... I suposse the other sale will do the same... kind of trick approach if you ask me... like why...if not changes in programing ....make refills... anyone have thoughts... insight... articulate words of wisdom perhaps... enlight me.... this reminds me of shrock synth upgrade which disappered into the neither world for wombat poke out the eyes of the unbelievers... cold killing critters... red eyed wombat from hell whering seal skin wet suits
This thread is about the Aquios X4, it was the Hydronexius that was updated with over 250 new patches from the new samples added (another 2GBs of samples added). So in that case a refill would not cut it..

moneykube

14 Jun 2018

so worth the upgrade?... I see another refill on sale too

moneykube

15 Jun 2018

:oops: doe... the upgrade was Hydronexius... never mind... bought the upgrade... 2 gig and 250 patches is worth the extra coin...10 cents a patch? something like that... bought 2 refills for Aquios as well... toys and more toys... said I would stop buying months ago... how many sounds does one need... lol :puf_bigsmile: :lol:

CloudsOfSound

06 Mar 2019

Bumping an old and loaded thread here, but...

Let's face it, there are two kinds of people in the world: Those who use ROMplers and those who don't. Case closed.
Personally I find them useful for quickly finding sounds, and just get something creative going.

As for the "sale", this RE is still priced at €19 in March 2019, but if you want to add a ROMpler to your arsenal, the Aquious X4 Workstation is a steal for this price.
A 4.2gb ROM with approximately 2000 waveform sample with 452 preset factory patches is included, so there isn't any shortage on possible sounds coming out of this thing.

In addition, DNA Labs has some pretty good ReFills for a reasonable (pun not intended) price over at:
https://www.dnalabssoftware.com/reason-refills

So for those that can't tell the difference between a sampler and a rompler, or simply doesn't give a shait as long as it sounds good, this is a great purchase for the price of a few latte's at Starbucks.

Miss Kickback Couture has some videos on using the DNA Labs products over at YouTube (a place where people post videos):
Kickback Couture

🤘
:reason: Reason 10 running on  MacBook Pro 16" 2019
(6-Core Intel Core i7 / AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB / 16GB RAM)
macOS Catalina v.10.15.2
Software Developer and Wannabe Musician

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
05 Jun 2018
I won't make the same mistake as I did with Aeon. Here I can remember, that i had only bad words in my mind while I trialed it... I skip this.
I like aeon organic for like little harp or tank drum sounds , it could be better though i wish i was one of those who got the two in the bundle when the glitch was on as ill never get the synth one now

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
05 Jun 2018
I won't make the same mistake as I did with Aeon. Here I can remember, that i had only bad words in my mind while I trialed it... I skip this.
I like aeon organic for like little harp or tank drum sounds , it could be better though i wish i was one of those who got the two in the bundle when the glitch was on as ill never get the synth one now
I got the Aeon bundle for €29 and was so unhappy with them I had Propellerheads take them off my account so I would never have to look at them again.
Those Aeon synths and the two DNA Labs REs are the only REs, out of more than 200 Rack Extensions on my account, that I regret buying. Same goes for the DNA Labs refills. I have learned the hard way to avoid sale fever. Seems there’s folk who like them though so there you go.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
06 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
06 Mar 2019

I got the Aeon bundle for €29 and was so unhappy with them I had Propellerheads take them off my account so I would never have to look at them again.
Those Aeon synths and the two DNA Labs REs are the only REs, out of more than 200 Rack Extensions on my account, that I regret buying. Same goes for the DNA Labs refills. I have learned the hard way to avoid sale fever. Seems there’s folk who like them though so there you go.
For some organic samples sounds aeon is ok , but there should have been mote how did you get props remove stuff? Id like to do that with aurora and solaris by skrock and some free crap

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
06 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
06 Mar 2019

For some organic samples sounds aeon is ok , but there should have been mote how did you get props remove stuff? Id like to do that with aurora and solaris by skrock and some free crap
I just wrote to Support and they threw them in the bin for me. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
06 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
06 Mar 2019

I just wrote to Support and they threw them in the bin for me. :)
What did you say ? Im gonna try that to see if they will take solaris and aurora and some free crap for me 😂 im happy with aeon man i like it i would have happily taken your aeon synth i just think it was thin on sounds but im layering it up in combinators

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

200 rack extensions you have a gambling addiction i have less than ten paid for ones 😂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
06 Mar 2019
200 rack extensions you have a gambling addiction i have less than ten paid for ones 😂
Been buying them since they introduced them. They build up.
Re your question...I said “Those Aeon synths are terrible. Please can you throw them in the bin for me as I never, ever want to see them again. “. And they did.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
06 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Been buying them since they introduced them. They build up.
Re your question...I said “Those Aeon synths are terrible. Please can you throw them in the bin for me as I never, ever want to see them again. “. And they did.
Whats so terrible about them aeon ? ? Just interested 🙂 im gonna see if that works for me with the skrock ones and all my free ones lol 😂

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

I just think they didnt have enough sounds

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

And i would get lost and do no music with 200 plug ins , i recently minimised everything to start getting shit done 🙂

• Information