Noise Engineering Rack Extension Challenge - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
FHtH
Posts: 15
Joined: 21 Jul 2016

04 Jun 2018

My point of view on this subject.

strangers
Posts: 360
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

04 Jun 2018

aeox wrote:
03 Jun 2018
I have to say, Basimilus was love on first use for me. The other two took a little longer to grow on me.. but they did!

Basimilus is impressive simply as a kick drum synth :P Would love to see more specialized RE like this, with their own focused and unique identity/sound.

I was originally going to skip this challenge since I'm already buried in a few projects. After hearing this, I couldn't resist and downloaded my trials. Really nice job on this one, Aeox.

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 256
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

05 Jun 2018

FHtH wrote:
04 Jun 2018
My point of view on this subject.
:thumbs_up:
Buy Bitcoin!!!

R10 :reason: Lenovo T420 Windows 10

http://soundcloud.com/jbriggs

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 256
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

05 Jun 2018

aeox wrote:
03 Jun 2018
I have to say, Basimilus was love on first use for me. The other two took a little longer to grow on me.. but they did!

Basimilus is impressive simply as a kick drum synth :P Would love to see more specialized RE like this, with their own focused and unique identity/sound.


Same here!

Basimilus hooked me, then I figured I'd grow into the others.

BTW, good track!
Buy Bitcoin!!!

R10 :reason: Lenovo T420 Windows 10

http://soundcloud.com/jbriggs

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 1942
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

06 Jun 2018

Here's what I came up with...



D.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1393
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

06 Jun 2018

strangers wrote:
04 Jun 2018
aeox wrote:
03 Jun 2018
I have to say, Basimilus was love on first use for me. The other two took a little longer to grow on me.. but they did!

Basimilus is impressive simply as a kick drum synth :P Would love to see more specialized RE like this, with their own focused and unique identity/sound.

I was originally going to skip this challenge since I'm already buried in a few projects. After hearing this, I couldn't resist and downloaded my trials. Really nice job on this one, Aeox.
I'm buried in projects as well :D Just had to make some room for this one! You'll have fun with them for sure.
BRIGGS wrote:
05 Jun 2018
Same here!

Basimilus hooked me, then I figured I'd grow into the others.

BTW, good track!
Appreciate it. Are you working on a entry as well?

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 256
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

07 Jun 2018

aeox wrote:
06 Jun 2018
strangers wrote:
04 Jun 2018


I was originally going to skip this challenge since I'm already buried in a few projects. After hearing this, I couldn't resist and downloaded my trials. Really nice job on this one, Aeox.
I'm buried in projects as well :D Just had to make some room for this one! You'll have fun with them for sure.
BRIGGS wrote:
05 Jun 2018
Same here!

Basimilus hooked me, then I figured I'd grow into the others.

BTW, good track!
Appreciate it. Are you working on a entry as well?
Yes, still working on parts, arrangement is next.
Buy Bitcoin!!!

R10 :reason: Lenovo T420 Windows 10

http://soundcloud.com/jbriggs

wishMachine
Posts: 35
Joined: 12 Dec 2017

09 Jun 2018

Delving into this today, but I have a few concerns regarding the rules. I’m guessing Grain is out of the question as it’s technically a synth in and of itself; and I’m guessing the same goes for Europa. You can import samples to both devices, but they alter sounds in such an extreme fashion. If this is the case (which is fair and just) would it be acceptable to use one of the Iteritas devices to drive FM in Thor or is that taking it too far?
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

User avatar
future-bit
Posts: 25
Joined: 07 May 2017
Location: Russian Federation
Contact:

09 Jun 2018



Reason 9.5
MKII reverb, DDL-1 delay, CF-101 chorus, Scream 4, Pulveriser, MClass Maximaizer, MClass Equalizer, Reasonistas as LFO, Selig DeEsser, Selig Leveler
Little bit of my vocals.Translation:

- You need my love, but my love is not pink smoke.

- Why do you want to know?
It will still remain words.

User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1317
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

09 Jun 2018

here is my entry: Hymnus Iteritas



2 x Loquelic Iteritas Percido
3 x Basilimus Iteritas
4 x The Echo
1 x RV 7000
1 x Alligator
1 x Rotor RE
1 x SubColours Octave Diver RE
1 x Verberate VST
1 x Fabfilter Limiter VST

lots of fun !!!

wishMachine
Posts: 35
Joined: 12 Dec 2017

09 Jun 2018

future-bit wrote:
09 Jun 2018

Really dig what you've done with this. The sound use is great and that vocal processing really suits the feel of the track too. Lots of space in it, nice one! :)
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

User avatar
Noplan
Posts: 511
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Cologne, Germany

10 Jun 2018

Here ist my Song. I had difficulty designing the raise clock effect with bassilimus. but in the end it worked. :)


User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1317
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

10 Jun 2018

Noplan wrote:
10 Jun 2018
Here ist my Song. I had difficulty designing the raise clock effect with bassilimus. but in the end it worked. :)

Excellent! love the unsquare rhytmn

bptee676
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Jun 2018

10 Jun 2018

I have the bundle, so just some shameless self-promotion:

User avatar
P'elle
Posts: 19
Joined: 28 May 2018
Location: San Diego, CA

11 Jun 2018

All sounds were generated with the Noise RE's. :)


User avatar
Boombastix
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

11 Jun 2018

Get ready for some techno house with a noise twist. Turn up the volume, hands in the air, and jump to 132BPM. I took on the challenge as I need to continue to learn working with Reason and wanted to explore if it is possible to incorporate these new RE's in a normal work flow when creating dance tracks. I think you can get new and very interesting sounds pretty quickly and use it as FX, but also cool percussion and so on. Besides the vocal screams, EVERYTHING you hear comes from the 3 RE's, yes the drums, FX, bass, synth, all of it. Just modulated some things and added echo, reverb and so on.


User avatar
P'elle
Posts: 19
Joined: 28 May 2018
Location: San Diego, CA

12 Jun 2018

aeox wrote:
03 Jun 2018
I have to say, Basimilus was love on first use for me. The other two took a little longer to grow on me.. but they did!

Basimilus is impressive simply as a kick drum synth :P Would love to see more specialized RE like this, with their own focused and unique identity/sound.

Love it! Good work!

User avatar
Libraquaricorn
Posts: 262
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

13 Jun 2018

My entry:


User avatar
kuhliloach
Posts: 509
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

13 Jun 2018

damn... those NE RE's are truly different sounding- enjoying all your entires ;)

User avatar
modecca
Posts: 584
Joined: 07 Jul 2016

14 Jun 2018

P'elle wrote:
11 Jun 2018
All sounds were generated with the Noise RE's. :)

One of your more laid back mellow tracks.
😺 😸 😹 😻 😼 😽 🙀

User avatar
RoboticAtrocity
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Jun 2018
Location: UK

14 Jun 2018



All sounds are noise engineering REs apart from a few glitched up voice samples. I had a blast!

snapperdub
Posts: 15
Joined: 30 Jan 2015

15 Jun 2018

These synths are nuts.
Here you go. Enjoy.



User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1393
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

15 Jun 2018

P'elle wrote:
12 Jun 2018
Love it! Good work!
Likewise! Nice to see you made an entry!

User avatar
theshoemaker
Posts: 520
Joined: 21 Nov 2015
Location: Germany
Contact:

15 Jun 2018

P'elle wrote:
12 Jun 2018
aeox wrote:
03 Jun 2018
I have to say, Basimilus was love on first use for me. The other two took a little longer to grow on me.. but they did!

Basimilus is impressive simply as a kick drum synth :P Would love to see more specialized RE like this, with their own focused and unique identity/sound.

Love it! Good work!
Your track sold me... now I also have to try these things
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V10 on MacOS Sierra

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: alterEe, Fraxis and 11 guests