Rob Papen Go2 Rack Extension Released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

26 May 2018

Did you guys already noticed, that you can modulate stuff inside Go2 with the Audio In? Can create interesting and fat results. Too bad, that there is no real FM/RM/AM with that signal - that would be HAMMER! Nevertheless, try it on Oscialtor Tune to get close.

I used eXpanse as a modulator, but you can exchange it with whatever.
modex.zip
(7.17 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Reason12, Win10

Nielsen

26 May 2018

Are the Tonal Axis presets made by the producer behind Tonal Axis - Rainfall?

Fraxis

26 May 2018

Very impressed with the sound and playability of this. My only gripe is that you have to choose to apply either Delay OR Reverb on a patch. Why not have both? Seems pretty standard on most new REs, even though I appreciate it'll hog a little more CPU.

RPSupport

26 May 2018

Nielsen wrote:
26 May 2018
Are the Tonal Axis presets made by the producer behind Tonal Axis - Rainfall?
That’s me yes. :)

modecca

27 May 2018

When I Hook up a matrix to Go2, then init patch, set the amp envelope release to max and switch from Poly mode to Mono mode, the synth remains in Poly mode.
🔗💥

chimp_spanner

28 May 2018

Just made a post about this without realising there already was one. Still waking up. But as I mentioned in that now deleted post, I really like this RE. Did find a bug (?) with the waveform display disappearing after switching between live/edit/osc modes. So that's something that should be looked at. But it's a fun synth. Lots of power in a relatively simple interface, with some nice hidden features too. Will trial some more tonight but I can't imagine not getting this. Especially at £44!!

Nielsen

28 May 2018

I'm experiencing an issue where the audio clicks when there's an instance of Go2 (RE version) in my rack. For example I just did a test where I draw a long note into the sequencer controlled by the Europa synth. Then I bring Go2 into my rack but even when Go2 is muted, the sound created by Europa clicks whenever I hit stop (space bar) in the sequencer window. Deleting Go2 from the rack solves the problem. This is only an example as any combination of instruments alongside Go2 seems to be affected.
RPSupport wrote:
26 May 2018
Ok, I've been enjoying the recent release lately.

RPSupport

28 May 2018

Nielsen wrote:
28 May 2018
I'm experiencing an issue where the audio clicks when there's an instance of Go2 (RE version) in my rack. For example I just did a test where I draw a long note into the sequencer controlled by the Europa synth. Then I bring Go2 into my rack but even when Go2 is muted, the sound created by Europa clicks whenever I hit stop (space bar) in the sequencer window. Deleting Go2 from the rack solves the problem. This is only an example as any combination of instruments alongside Go2 seems to be affected.
RPSupport wrote:
26 May 2018
Ok, I've been enjoying the recent release lately.
Hi there, there was an issue with the sample rate which should be fixed in the next update.

Thank you for mentioning it.

RPSupport

28 May 2018

modecca wrote:
27 May 2018
When I Hook up a matrix to Go2, then init patch, set the amp envelope release to max and switch from Poly mode to Mono mode, the synth remains in Poly mode.
Hi there, this should be fixed in the next update too.

Robert

29 May 2018

I'm really enjoying this synth!

Found a minor bug in the "00 Introduction" patch "SEQ DreamPad.cmb" that throws a "Bad Patch Format - The selected file is in the wrong format or corrupt" error message.

Anyone else getting this?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 May 2018

Robert wrote:
29 May 2018

Found a minor bug in the "00 Introduction" patch "SEQ DreamPad.cmb" that throws a "Bad Patch Format - The selected file is in the wrong format or corrupt" error message.

Yes, so you are not going mad :lol:

RPSupport

29 May 2018

Robert wrote:
29 May 2018

That patch slipped in at the last minute, it won’t be there in a future update.

Cheers

Karim
Competition Winner

29 May 2018

INSTA-BUY! I was REALLY IMPRESSED!
Snappy, clean, versatile!
For me .. is YESSSS!!!
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Jon

30 May 2018

Reason 1.0.2. is now out, in this

- fixed problem with unbalanced pitch-bend settings
- fixed problem with CV In 1 / 2 as modulation destinations
- fixed problem the XY stopping display the dot after a minute or two
- new cmb files include and I've removed the old one that cause crashes.

About the points mentioned about about cv input in mono mode & noise on pressing stop, I've fixed those and 1.0.3 should be out in the next couple of days.

Any problems, let us know.

Cheers

Jon : RPCX

Loque

30 May 2018

Jon wrote:
30 May 2018
Reason 1.0.2. is now out, in this

- fixed problem with unbalanced pitch-bend settings
- fixed problem with CV In 1 / 2 as modulation destinations
- fixed problem the XY stopping display the dot after a minute or two
- new cmb files include and I've removed the old one that cause crashes.

About the points mentioned about about cv input in mono mode & noise on pressing stop, I've fixed those and 1.0.3 should be out in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Excellent and impressive fast support! Very good job. Thank you :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

joel

30 May 2018

update download failed

Jon

30 May 2018

Is it doing that again, I think it did that at the first release.

Ok, I would a while and then try again, if you are still having problems we will contact Propellerhead.

Cheers
Jon

chimp_spanner

30 May 2018

Yeah it's doing it for me with eXpanse as well so I think it's a PH server issue. Although I'm able to log in and authorise Reason so...maybe not? Hmm.

eusti

30 May 2018

Getting "download failed" as well... Maybe Propellerheads can buy some additional servers with all the money they are making from the Europa VST/AU... :P

D.

Jon

30 May 2018

Just tried myself, and it's not working for me. I'll give an email to some one at Props and see what is happening.

Cheers

Jon

Robert

31 May 2018

Jon wrote:
30 May 2018

Hi Jon,

In addition to trying the RE I'm also testing out the VST. I like the VST better because it has the same low CPU usage but has a slightly better UI and on my 32" monitor it is a lot bigger/easier to work with.

I am having a couple of problems with the VST version. In the XY display if I set the mode to "LIVE" and drag the dot around on the display, within a minute or so the VST looses focus for an instant and the dot freezes. I need to click and drag on it again to continue. Reason as DAW.

The second problem with the VST is that after playing for a few minutes, my keyboard stops responding and I have to reset the device. This was with the "Causation Seq JoMal" patch in the "Introduction Folder", again using Reason as the DAW.

The RE version did not have either of these issues.

Could you look into this Jon? Thanks...

Jon

01 Jun 2018

Go2 RE 1.0.3 is now out

So in it
- fixed problem with Mono / Legato not working properly with CV Input
- fixed problem with hanging notes with Poly CV input
- fixed problem with polar CV input (such as LFO )
- fixed problem with CPU spike causing noise when pressing stop

Any problems let me know.

Cheers

jon

PS Robert I will look into those issue.

antic604

11 Jun 2018

Is there some RE+VST cross-sale offer? I'd get the VST, because I can use it in Bitwig or Live, but in Reason I prefer to see my instruments in the Rack and love the more comprehensive CV integration. If I get the RE, I can't use it in Live or Bitwig.

I couldn't find any info on such offer.

EDIT: sorry, I'm stupid - it's right there in the opening post :D

RPSupport

14 Jun 2018

Hi all, just to let you know Go2 RE 1.0.4 is our now.

This is a new presets only update from Rob. You can find them in these folders:-

02 Synth 01 | 20 new
05 Pads 01 | 12 new
06 Basses 01 | 20 new
07 Wobbles 01 | 5 new
08 EDM & House 01 | 5 new
09 Drums & Percussion 01 | 2 new

Thank you

• Information