Rob Papen Go2 Rack Extension Released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
RPSupport

25 May 2018

Hi all,

We are proud to announce that our Go2 RE has been released!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... nstrument/

You can now use Go2 right inside your rack with all the unique flexible features of RE like having a back panel with ‘Input/Outputs’ and ‘CV and Gate’ connections and more.
Since Go2 RE had to fit inside the RACK EXTENSION format, some parts are of course a bit different compared to the VST version of Go2. These are:
• The ARP and MOD screen are not visual at the same time. So you need to toggle between editing the ARP or the MOD (modulation matrix) screen.
• Recording an XY movement is not possible in the RE. But this doesn’t mean that you can’t make your own movement, it is just implemented differently (similar to how it works in our other RE Vecto in fact). Pick one of the preset movements inside the Command menu and then next edit the movement by clicking the ‘edit’ button to on.
The amount of points have a maximum of 64 and you can reduce these in the ‘POINTS’ menu. Because sometimes it is easier to work 8points or 4points. But this of course depends on the movement you like to use.
Sure, the sound is exactly the same in Go2 RE vs the VST! and it currently comes with over 700 exciting presets!

Please note: In case you already purchased the VST version, and if you use Reason 9.5 or Reason 10, we can of course offer you Go2 RE for half the price!.
This in case you would also like the use Go2 RE next to the VST version. For this offer please contact us https://www.robpapen.com/contact.html

Last but not least. Go2 RE is only a very Reasonable € 49-- | $ 49--
Last edited by RPSupport on 25 May 2018, edited 4 times in total.

FiatLux

25 May 2018

Getting a download failed every time I try to download.
Think there is a problem in the Shop with this file right now.
Hopefully will get fixed soon.

Electric-Metal

25 May 2018

Nice. Already had a lot of fun with the VST. Takin' the :re: for a ride now. :thumbs_up:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 May 2018

If you own the VST and want the RE, you should contact them for a 50% discount code on the RE.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Electric-Metal

25 May 2018

FiatLux wrote:
25 May 2018
Same here :roll:

RPSupport

25 May 2018

FiatLux wrote:
25 May 2018
Hi there, I just tried it myself too. We are looking into the issue but I think its down to Propellerhead to fix. Sorry about the download issue.

joeyluck

25 May 2018

Oh and excellent execution on the GUI! I know there was discussion that some things might now fit and make it onto the RE... But it's all there with some minimal changes. Makes sense and looks great! :thumbs_up:

Electric-Metal

25 May 2018

RPSupport wrote:
25 May 2018

Hi there, I just tried it myself too. We are looking into the issue but I think its down to Propellerhead to fix. Sorry about the download issue.
Download working now. Thanks @RPSupport.

FiatLux

25 May 2018

Just picked this up.
My favorite RP synth by far.
Looks simple, but can generate some pretty complex sounds!

Loque

25 May 2018

Lol... I just looked on the back at first... Sweet! Audio in, CV ins and outs, job done. Sold.
Reason12, Win10

Nielsen

25 May 2018

I almost forgot this was coming, but today I coincidentally checked the store for Go2 and there it was. :D

Off to try it now.

Marc64

25 May 2018

I love the chord feature in the arp/sequencer :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Loque

25 May 2018

There are some nice offers for cross grade and eXplorer 4 bundle, so check your emails.
Reason12, Win10

Electric-Metal

25 May 2018

Anybody noticed a bug regarding pitch bend? In my case PB doesn't react before it reaches an amount of around 50%.
Can anyone confirm?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 May 2018

Very interesting, however I don't mean to be negative but I would say most of the sounds are a little hot and could come down by at least -6 db.

Electric-Metal wrote:
25 May 2018
Anybody noticed a bug regarding pitch bend? In my case PB doesn't react before it reaches an amount of around 50%.
Can anyone confirm?
Fine when trying it here, was it the same on all patches?
What happens when you set it to the full amount (48)?

Loque

25 May 2018

Electric-Metal wrote:
25 May 2018
Can anyone confirm?
Not yet, but some others. Looks like there were a few things left out in the test phase.
Reason12, Win10

Electric-Metal

25 May 2018

So I've been able to reproduce it.

Load any patch, set PB-Down -> off, PB-Up -> any value, hold any key, use pitch wheel on your controller or use the mouse. You'll notice a pitch jump.
Loque wrote:
25 May 2018
Not yet, but some others. Looks like there were a few things left out in the test phase.
Would you mind sharing your wisdom :puf_bigsmile:

Loque

25 May 2018

Electric-Metal wrote:
25 May 2018
So I've been able to reproduce it.

Load any patch, set PB-Down -> off, PB-Up -> any value, hold any key, use pitch wheel on your controller or use the mouse. You'll notice a pitch jump.
Loque wrote:
25 May 2018
Would you mind sharing your wisdom :puf_bigsmile:
The display gets stuck under certan circumstances and the free envelope does not retrigger. BUt just played around for only 15-20 minutes.
Reason12, Win10

Jon

25 May 2018

Just to keep up to date about this

Pitch Bend , that is fixed now, there will be a new version early next week.

The others, it was a confusion between the global free envelope and the per voice free envelope (the global envelope is not retriggered until no notes are playing to avoid clicks). The XY being stuck, well we tried here and seems ok but we are checking more.

Cheers

Jon

geronimo

25 May 2018

Disappointed that we can't also cross filters in addition to the effects, with an external signal.

Jon

26 May 2018

That is an idea, might put it in :)

Cheers

Jon

antic604

26 May 2018

Nice, somehow this looks much better than the VST (+ the stuff on the back ofcourse).

How's the CPU usage?

geronimo

26 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
26 May 2018
With ten GO2 instances, just 1 bar in DSPactivity with a MacPro 2010, 24 Go RAM memory and 2 X 3.06 Hz: perhaps a bad example ! :oops: _

tobypearce

26 May 2018

Sorry if I’m missing something but is it possible to enable doc retrograde, so that every midi note plays the osc from the beginning of the wave?
It’s called different things on different synths but most enable you to do it.
Can GO2?
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information