Rob Papen Go2 Rack Extension Released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

14 Jun 2018

Awesome! Ty!
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2018

Jon wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Any problems let me know.

Cheers

jon
The Arp is going into a run away mode, so I play a note and the sequence plays, I stop playing and latch is set to off and it continues to play but it's playing clicks and pops not the sound and of course cycling around, this is when the Arp mode is set to Seq or SeqRst

Volume is way to loud, -2db once you reset the device.

Remotes missing and incorrect.

XY Time Quantization and XY Space Quantization are the wrong way around. (time is pointing to space and space is pointing to time)

Missing
Mod 4 Bypass
Mod 4 Source
Mod 4 Destination

Incorrect names (but can live with this one)
Arp Step Step 02
Arp Step Step 03
Arp Step Step 04
Arp Step Step 05
Arp Step Step 06
Arp Step Step 07
Arp Step Step 08
Arp Step Step 09
Arp Step Step 10
Arp Step Step 11
Arp Step Step 12
Arp Step Step 13
Arp Step Step 14
Arp Step Step 15
Arp Step Step 16

should be Arp Step Tied XX (note the tie remote for step 1 is correct: Arp Step Tied 01 )

Regards
PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

Ahornberg

16 Jun 2018

great synth - nice price

Ahornberg

16 Jun 2018

I just checked out, this synth can be tuned microtonal using the modulation matrix.
The sequencer/arpeggiator is awesome ... maybe Rob can make a Player-RE featuring the sequencer/arpeggiator only?

Ahornberg

17 Jun 2018

Hmmm ... a GO2 song challenge would be great!

Ahornberg

03 Jul 2018

The VST Version sounds different (mabe different filters) and uses less DSP power.

tiker01

03 Jul 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
17 Jun 2018
Hmmm ... a GO2 song challenge would be great!
Hmmmm

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2018

Please note I have released the Nektar Panorama P series mapping for the RE Go2..

PoohBear

T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

geronimo

03 Jul 2018

Sorry but I don't find it . :oops:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
16 Jun 2018
I just checked out, this synth can be tuned microtonal using the modulation matrix.
The sequencer/arpeggiator is awesome ... maybe Rob can make a Player-RE featuring the sequencer/arpeggiator only?
They have gate\note and other outputs for the arpeggiator...

geronimo wrote:
03 Jul 2018
Sorry but I don't find it . :oops:
if you are talking about the mapping viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466&p=401732#p401732

Loque

20 Sep 2018

Anyone noticed that the envelopes in the mod matrix do not retrigger and the curves are not "releasing"? I do not want to contact the support again for a possible bug - i did it way to often with this synth...
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
20 Sep 2018
Anyone noticed that the envelopes in the mod matrix do not retrigger and the curves are not "releasing"? I do not want to contact the support again for a possible bug - i did it way to often with this synth...
Can you post patch with the issues?

Loque

21 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
20 Sep 2018
Loque wrote:
20 Sep 2018
Can you post patch with the issues?
Yea, as soon as i am on Reason again. In the meantime just init a Go2 and send a envelope to the CVout and put a CVA-7 on it. Than press a key.
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
21 Sep 2018

Yea, as soon as i am on Reason again. In the meantime just init a Go2 and send a envelope to the CVout and put a CVA-7 on it. Than press a key.
Does seam to be a bit messed up, that "Fade" has quite an effect on the ENV !!
Got it so it would not retrigger, change the shape of the ENV and it starts to work again. <-I think this is down to the Env not finishing..
With "Fade" set to zero, Att,Dec to Sus part works but Release is ignored.
Set "Fade" with a positive value and from the sustain point it just increase until it hits 127 and just stays there and the reverse with a negative value (slopes down to zero).
In all cases Release does seam to be ignored...
Release is also ignored on the Filter Env (no Fade option).

Side note: This is the first product I have seen in the shop where there is no Product Support\Product Website links, could not find a manual on it (checked the VST as well).

Loque

21 Sep 2018

Ok, now here is a simple patch. I tried the free env and the filter env. Both with nearly the same settings. The free env is also missing the sustain. Tbh, this looks weird. The frist VCA-7 shows the free env, the second the filter env.
badenv.jpg
badenv.jpg (168.3 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
nofreeenv.zip
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
21 Sep 2018
Ok, now here is a simple patch. I tried the free env and the filter env. Both with nearly the same settings. The free env is also missing the sustain. Tbh, this looks weird. The frist VCA-7 shows the free env, the second the filter env.

badenv.jpg
nofreeenv.zip
Set you fade to 0 (in the middle) then you see the true effect of Sustain (you see the effect but it's still wrong :) )

Loque

21 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
21 Sep 2018
Loque wrote:
21 Sep 2018

badenv.jpg
nofreeenv.zip
Set you fade to 0 (in the middle) then you see the true effect of Sustain (you see the effect but it's still wrong :) )
You are right. I set the "fade" to -100, which make it go directly down. If i set it to 0 it behaves like the filter envelope. "Just" without a Release state. And now while i realized what you meant, why is there a Release state?

Retrigger wont work at all, as long as the amp envelope is active. Very strange...
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

23 Sep 2018

tried this tonight,,, wow,,, love it :puf_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

antic604

23 Sep 2018

moneykube wrote:
23 Sep 2018
tried this tonight,,, wow,,, love it :puf_smile:
Yeah, such a great little synth! I first thought that the x/y display and the arp/sequencer would be gimmicks, but they really bring life to patches! It's so good, I actually got the VST and RE (for half the price).

scratchnsnifff

23 Sep 2018

While I love go2, I’m so hoping for rob papen to make the opposite for the Re platform :)

Go2 (as said in one of his live streams) is geared towards ease of use and simple/effective sound generation

I still hope he makes something that gets close to the depth of blue 2 inside of the rack extension world

He could make use of the custom display method, like vibro or spectra and have the wave shaper curve sit inside there while other parts of the synth could be panels like in Thor or go2 with the arp/matrix

The Re platform has grown a bit since recent years :)

Cheers for go2 an it’s easy unison sounds! I love it for starting song ideas as it’s one oscillator filter and mild effects, no clutter just creation and move forward
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Emian

01 Oct 2018

just trialed this today, what a nice synth !!!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information