Hydronexius Workstation ROM

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Aug 2018

miscend wrote:
15 Jun 2018
Has anyone got the 2.0 update?
Was wondering the same thing last night. I bought both Hydronexius and Aquios for €19 each just before 2 came out. I kindof sway back and forth between thinking they’re alright and regretting buying them. In retrospect I’d probably have preferred to use my €38 on something I would use more (vk-2 for example). So no update for me. I don’t even like “that type of music”. Note inverted commas. That said DNA Labs have some good refills so nothing against them.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

lrey

24 Aug 2018

strangers wrote:
20 Aug 2018
Not yet. Been waiting to hear some input, too. 2.0 is currently on sale with a whopping $60 price drop making it $19 while the upgrade for current owners saw a mega $4 price drop down to $15. :?
Dang, makes me wish I didn't pull the trigger on this from the last sale. Wish the discount was more substantial for current owners, but oh well.

Michaellos

21 Nov 2018

Upd. Has anyone got the 2.0 update? Is it worth doing that, does it sound better ? The upgrade price is 9 $ now, so I wonder, should I give this rompler one more chance, or it should be finally forgotten

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2018

Michaellos wrote:
21 Nov 2018
Upd. Has anyone got the 2.0 update? Is it worth doing that, does it sound better ? The upgrade price is 9 $ now, so I wonder, should I give this rompler one more chance, or it should be finally forgotten
Well without trying to sound negative I wouldn’t even download it for free. But that’s just me.

Edit: Felt I should maybe justify my answer a bit more. I’ve got both DNALabs REs and a load of refills. I don’t use any of them. As I’ve said in other threads I find nearly all the sounds really samey. I don’t think they’ve added any new functionality to Hydronexius ( I may be wrong) so essentially you’re just buyin the equivalent of a refill. I’m guessing all the new added sounds are also samey. Again I might be wrong.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2018

Michaellos wrote:
21 Nov 2018
So...did you buy it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

27 Nov 2018

strangers wrote:
20 Aug 2018
miscend wrote:
15 Jun 2018
Has anyone got the 2.0 update?
Not yet. Been waiting to hear some input, too. 2.0 is currently on sale with a whopping $60 price drop making it $19 while the upgrade for current owners saw a mega $4 price drop down to $15. :?
My upgrade price is actually $9

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2018

QVprod wrote:
27 Nov 2018
strangers wrote:
20 Aug 2018

Yeah now. :). It wasn’t when the post was written.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

27 Nov 2018

MrFigg wrote:
27 Nov 2018
QVprod wrote:
27 Nov 2018

Yeah now. :). It wasn’t when the post was written.
Ah ok. must've took time to update i guess. more reasonable than the 15 for what's offered.

Michaellos

29 Nov 2018

MrFigg wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Michaellos wrote:
21 Nov 2018
So...did you buy it?
No, I didn't, not sure still. I think that Hydro is not so bad, as many believe, it has some nice presets, the others sound better being layered, but I have expected much more from both DNA Labs Re's. I agree that they sound pretty much samey and I hardly believe that version 2 brings something special. I use these tools sometimes for some background sounds, the cost of 9 $ is not so high, but I don't feel that I really need it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2018

Michaellos wrote:
29 Nov 2018

No, I didn't, not sure still. I think that Hydro is not so bad, as many believe, it has some nice presets, the others sound better being layered, but I have expected much more from both DNA Labs Re's. I agree that they sound pretty much samey and I hardly believe that version 2 brings something special. I use these tools sometimes for some background sounds, the cost of 9 $ is not so high, but I don't feel that I really need it.
That ”collectors mentality” I’ve mentioned in other threads got a hold of me a bit when I first saw the upgrade. That’s when it was €19. But then I figured that it was just more “same sounding sounds” and that I could probably buy an RE or a good refill for the same money.
That same mentality got me on REQ131 and Viking 1.5 but I managed to handle that as well.
That said the Step Note Recorder update was well worth it for the added functionality.
Sometimes it pays to breathe and think about it a couple of days instead of making impulse purchases. Believe me when I say I’ve learned the hard way.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

28 Feb 2019

Took people that long to reply if its been sorted out ? The problems it had ?

javierosr

28 Feb 2019

Hi, o have this rack and i use some strings, choir and pads from it, work fine for me but i am a beginner :p.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2019

Right. I just loaded up Aquious and Hydronexius and went through about 100 patches on both just to see if I'd missed something. And you know what?...I haven't. Nearly every one of those 200 and something patches I tried sounded more or less the same. I honestly thought if I gave them another try that I might not be so irritated that I bought them.
Listening through the DNALabs refills I've got (and I've got a few...sale fever)...same situation. And the amount of refills they release every week is astounding. They've even got their refills under two developer names in the shop.
Yeah ok...this may just sound like horrible hate. It's really not. It's more frustration that I put faith in these products. My choice. My opinion. If there was some way to get my money back and invest it in a developer who actually puts some effort into sound design then I would do it in a minute. These just seem to be the same patch with a couple of knobs turned around over and over again to create a vast amount of the same stuff.
Buy or don't buy. Anyone's choice. But I certainly won't be buying any more DNA...and I obviously am feeling cheated as I wouldn't be spouting all this otherwise.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

28 Feb 2019

whats the two developer names they have there refills under?

retreed
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
28 Feb 2019
whats the two developer names they have there refills under?
You can find both here:
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bro ... r=DNA+Labs
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bro ... Technology

I checked out the Cube 6 refill demos a few days ago and unfortunately did not end up buying anything. I had the feeling that only the low prices should lure me into buying, not the quality of the demos. But as taste is different, maybe other people find some great value in it. ;)

VariableX

28 Feb 2019

thanks i will check them out see what i think, i agree, its all subjective!

sleep1979

01 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2018
Michaellos wrote:
21 Nov 2018
Well without trying to sound negative I wouldn’t even download it for free. But that’s just me.

Edit: Felt I should maybe justify my answer a bit more. I’ve got both DNALabs REs and a load of refills. I don’t use any of them. As I’ve said in other threads I find nearly all the sounds really samey. I don’t think they’ve added any new functionality to Hydronexius ( I may be wrong) so essentially you’re just buyin the equivalent of a refill. I’m guessing all the new added sounds are also samey. Again I might be wrong.
Yeah i think the props shop is a bit dead for sampled stuff to rival kontakt only the propellerhead stuff and e instruments is good maia looks promising but needs an update with more sounds , would be nice to have some. Quality brass and pianos and stuff in there

• Information