Rig Pricing Sale Question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MannequinRaces

23 May 2018

Question about the current Rig pricing sale; normally $349 for each rig, now $149 for each rig on sale. Are the sales that happen on Black Friday, Christmas, New Years priced similarly? Have they been lower or is this as low as they go? Contemplating if I should buy now or see if I have the patience to wait later this year.

I'm honestly quite flabbergasted that more people aren't jumping all over the rig bundles, even if you own a few of the REs that are included. Maybe y'all are just a bunch of big ol' RE connoisseurs and already own them all! :) For people new to Reason these deals are a steal. I'm assuming the developers get the shaft on these but I could be wrong, pure speculation on my part. Definitely a win for us, the users.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2018

The Rigs prices are awesome. I bought the Mastering rig just before they upgraded it so I got the synth rig for €199 and thought that was great value. Saying that, now today I could have bought all three rigs for less than I paid for tha mastering rig alone. Ach well... you pays yr money you take yr choice. Still great value :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2018

...if you take into account the €99 upgrade price from Rigs 2 that is :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

23 May 2018

I bought the rigs right after i bought Reason. Very good deals. Only one deal was better, just before i bought Reason there was a good bundle with the Rigs, but i missed that.

For sales they normally never go below 150, but their normal price was 300 AFAIR, so actually 150 is very good, even 350 is still good. Not everything is top notch in there, but pretty good. There are some other great Deals like Synapse Bundle and the Kilohearts Bundle, where Synapse has very good sound quality, Kilohearts might look a bit average, but their tools are very easy and fast to use and also have great quality. Lot of more good deals from time to time, but with Rigs, Synapse and Kilohearts you are done for years and all that for 650 in deal time (price of beer per day and much more healthy).

I guess the ppl do not talk much about it, because they bought them or have most of the stuff in their. If ppl talk about Rigs here, they normally complain about "complete-my-bundle" deals.
Reason12, Win10

MannequinRaces

23 May 2018

Loque wrote:
23 May 2018
Lot of more good deals from time to time, but with Rigs, Synapse and Kilohearts you are done for years and all that for 650 in deal time (price of beer per day and much more healthy).

I guess the ppl do not talk much about it, because they bought them or have most of the stuff in their. If ppl talk about Rigs here, they normally complain about "complete-my-bundle" deals.
That is one way to put it! The people complaining about a 'complete my bundle' option are either penny pinchers or just bitter people, haha, joking not joking. :) Seriously though I have seven out of the twenty seven REs in the Synthetic Rig 3 bundle and the cost savings are still HUGE. I can understand MAYBE if you have over half in a bundle, but still...

MannequinRaces

23 May 2018

MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2018
Do upgrades ever go on sale?

Loque

23 May 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
23 May 2018
MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2018
Do upgrades ever go on sale?
I saw this only once and i guess PH had to do this some kind of "manual". I would not expect this to happen again quite soon.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

23 May 2018

I keep looking at the Mastering Rig and passing. even at $150 (which IS an undeniably great deal), it doesn’t make much sense for me at this point. I own almost half of the stuff in there already. there are a few REs that would be great, but when I add up the cost of the stuff left that I want, it comes out to just a little over $150. sure, I’d get a few additional devices on top of that, but none of them are really appealing to me. so at this point it just makes more sense to fill out what I need buying stuff individually.

it would be cool if they made separate bundles under the same categories, but with different devices (so, Mastering Rig 1; Mastering Rig 2, etc.), or even better, some sort of build your own Rig, or smaller mini-Rig bundles. not sure how that would work, but it would be cool if they could figure out how to do it fairly.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

cognitive

23 May 2018

I picked up the Backline Rig 2 on a sale a long time ago, fantastic value.

This time around I picked up the Mix and Mastering Rig 3 for $149. I had almost NONE of the REs already, so it was a killer deal.

In the short time I've had it, I have been using several of the REs in the bundle and have been VERY happy with the results. In particular, the Selig Leveler, the Synapse GQ-7, the Kratos Maximizer, the 4Dyne and the Red Rock Multiband Compressor are now "must haves" for me. Technically, the 4Dyne and the Multiband Compressor cover some similar territory as 4 band dynamics processors, but I find them both useful.

I'm certain with the high quality of the other REs in the Mix and Mastering Rig, I will be inserting more and more of them into my workflow, but even with just the ones named, I feel I have already received my money's worth and then some. It's going to take some time to explore more of the included devices to get a grip on the various sounds, character and workflow improvements that they bring to the table.

As for the Synth Rig, it's a fantastic value, but personally, I already spent significant dollars on many "killer" RE synths in my arsenal, including a couple in the Rig bundle, so I am overloaded with synthesized sonic options at this point.

daisky

23 May 2018

I think the previous Black Friday sale price on the rigs was the same as the May Madness sale price, so waiting will probably just mean that you get to use them a few months later while paying the same price you would pay now.

I bought reason last month (for $100!) and had zero REs, so that made my life easy. I just bought the Backline Rig. I am a little tempted to buy the other two rigs and call it a day but might also direct these funds towards Komplete 11 instead.

ravisoni

24 May 2018

What sucks is that their crossgrade for older version rig owners was $199 and now everyone, regardless of them owning a rig prior to this or not, gets it get $149. And the $199 wasn't even that far long ago. Props have a way of making me like them and then hate them in the same manner as a sine wave.
Btw the comment about penny pinching for $149 vs $199 - you do realize we spent money purchasing the previous versions, too, right? The difference is more than just $50.
All that said I'm not that unhappy at the $199 I paid. It was still worth the value I got out of it.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Pingafuego

24 May 2018

I’m a new user (bought 9.5). Is the Backline Rig worth?
I am a Pro Tools user and have lots of plugins (waves, Izotope, slate, air bundle, ezdrummer, addictive drums), so Reason is for making music, not mixing.
Thanks

• Information