Thinking of Re-Strings

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

20 May 2018

It's on sale and I was thinking of snagging it. If you own it, do you like it?

Demo sounds great.

Adabler
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

I'm in the same situation, snagging-wise. I love both Chamber-tron and Re-tron, but I feel like Re-strings overlaps more with other stuff I have. Then again, I'd like to see more from the devs and as you say, it sounds really good so I think I just convinced myself by typing this. Thank you!
:reason: 12, Win10

jayhosking

20 May 2018

In the same boat. Downloading the demo now. I'll post some thoughts if I get a moment.

Faastwalker

20 May 2018

I don't recall seeing this in the May Madness Sale when I checked when it started. Maybe more items have been added since then? I think this usually happens so worth checking again a day or so after it starts ;)

challism

20 May 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
20 May 2018
I don't recall seeing this in the May Madness Sale when I checked when it started. Maybe more items have been added since then? I think this usually happens so worth checking again a day or so after it starts ;)
I saw it in the MM Sale list as soon as the sale was announced. But with so many items, it's easy to miss. I am also tempted to buy it. I'll keep watching this post to see any comments from those who have it.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

guitfnky

20 May 2018

I think it might not show up on the main sale page (another friend said he didn’t see it there), but I saw it when I was looking at their other stuff. I wonder if maybe they don’t show everything in the sale page, in favor of newer/more popular stuff.

if you’re not sure whether it’ll work for you, try to demo it; if you’re like me and have demoed it, but forgot to actually use it when you had the chance, all I can say is, if it’s half as good as Chambertron and Re-Tron, it’s well worth it. those two are incredible.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

anko

21 May 2018

i was waiting for this to be on sale for two reasons, one i love re-tron and chambre-tron, two the sound demos sound good.

anyway, i got it on current sale and am very happy with it. lot's of nice classic sounds and nicely tweakble to full weird if desired.

just imho of course. ;)

Faastwalker

21 May 2018

Tempting sale prices on all 3 GMedia RE's. M-Tron was the first VST I ever bought. Would be great to have this in Reason. Hopefully it's possible to add all the additional tape banks at some point. But still a very cool addition to the rack as is. Might have to pull the trigger on that one ;)

joeyluck

21 May 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
21 May 2018
Tempting sale prices on all 3 GMedia RE's. M-Tron was the first VST I ever bought. Would be great to have this in Reason. Hopefully it's possible to add all the additional tape banks at some point. But still a very cool addition to the rack as is. Might have to pull the trigger on that one ;)
For sure. These are some of my favorite REs! I love the sounds, the interface, and the videos that Dave makes showcasing the REs and sharing the history.

And keep in mind that ChamberTron RE is unique to Reason. The majority of those sounds aren't found in the M-Tron expansion. GForce also added more tape banks to Re-Tron a few months back.

For those who missed the interview I did with Dave: https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/11/inte ... -software/ :puf_smile:

16BitBear

21 May 2018

All three are great. For me, I had been waiting for Re-Tron to go on sale, and I snagged it immediately over the weekend. Love them all!

Adabler
Competition Winner

21 May 2018

joeyluck wrote:
21 May 2018
For those who missed the interview I did with Dave: https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/11/inte ... -software/ :puf_smile:
That's was a great read. I read it a while back but I forgot about that easter egg, did anyone find it?
:reason: 12, Win10

joeyluck

21 May 2018

Adabler wrote:
21 May 2018
joeyluck wrote:
21 May 2018
That's was a great read. I read it a while back but I forgot about that easter egg, did anyone find it?
Thanks!

Yeah the easter egg(s) are a pretty cool piece of history. I didn't search every sample on every key, but I do remember coming across some clearing of the throat here and there after the decay on the acoustic guitar. Interested if anybody else has found anything.

Undistraction

22 May 2018

God that's a great RE. I'd completely missed that. Paired with Fritz and RV7K I'm in heaven.

kitekrazy

22 May 2018

Thought about this one too. I'm curious how much drive space it takes up.

joeyluck

22 May 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
22 May 2018
Thought about this one too. I'm curious how much drive space it takes up.
Re-Strings is 2.4 GB of awesomeness :thumbs_up:

SmokeyJ

22 May 2018

That interview with Dave Spiers is great. I had written off getting the Rack Extensions since I own the vsts, but that interview has made me rethink that since the RE's have samples not found in the vst!

Zac

22 May 2018

I guess this is vsm vst but in re format? Seems the same size.

joeyluck

22 May 2018

Zac wrote:
22 May 2018
I guess this is vsm vst but in re format? Seems the same size.
Yes it is close to the same size, but it is a bit different. It is what GForce considers to be the essential sounds of VSM (of both VSM and the expansion pack).

guitfnky

22 May 2018

decided that since Re-Tron and Chambertron are so great, I should get this too while it’s on sale. the download is going way sloooooooooooow. 😑
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information