AEON Bundle for $29

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
esselfortium

20 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
20 May 2018
LOL - oh wait it gets worse. Scratch that 57 number. There are only 33 real patches. There's an ARP folder included with the same patches, only difference is the ARP is turned on.

So you get 33 .repatch patches.
And the same patches with a basic delay and reverb.
And the same patches again but this time with the ARP on.

"AEON's Organic component delivers over 100 playable instruments presets"
Oh jeez, I didn't look closely enough at the shop descriptions to catch that discrepancy. That is really deceptive.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

strangers
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

esselfortium wrote:
20 May 2018
hurricane wrote:
20 May 2018
LOL - oh wait it gets worse. Scratch that 57 number. There are only 33 real patches. There's an ARP folder included with the same patches, only difference is the ARP is turned on.

Oh jeez, I didn't look closely enough at the shop descriptions to catch that discrepancy. That is really deceptive.
I've learned the hard way on a few refills to be weary of anything that does not provide a breakdown of presets within the description. These RE had me wondering with their generic use of 100 and 200 patches but no further details.

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

guitfnky wrote:
20 May 2018
I couldn't find any pics of the back of the rack for this, which makes me wonder if it even has one. :lol:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 11.22.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 11.22.50 AM.png (718.38 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Michaellos

20 May 2018

Code: Select all

Code: Select all

"AEON Synth delivers over 200 presets of true analog fatness"

First of all, there is no analog fatness anywhere in this instrument.

You get 57 distinct .repatch presets.
And those same presets in a combi with the same basic delay and reverb.
And those same presets again but with the ARP turned on (as .repatch)
And THOSE arped presets but in a combi with reverb and delay.

DO NOT BUY THESE PIECES OF SHIT.
That's a real crap :evil: But why do Propellerheads let these obvious lies to appear and to remain at the shop descriptions ???
This is the first time I regret of buying Re, I'm really dissapointed and furious

guitfnky

20 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
20 May 2018
guitfnky wrote:
20 May 2018
I couldn't find any pics of the back of the rack for this, which makes me wonder if it even has one. :lol:
ha, wow, that’s more of a joke than I was even expecting. 😳 between this and the patch and sound quality comments, I feel bad for those who’ve spent actual money on it.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

tt_lab

20 May 2018

Oh Crap! I jumped into it because I remembered it has some nice sounds from when I trialed it. It is a total waste of money on my end.
Don't buy this

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
20 May 2018
"AEON Synth delivers over 200 presets of true analog fatness"

First of all, there is no analog fatness anywhere in this instrument.

You get 57 distinct .repatch presets.
And those same presets in a combi with the same basic delay and reverb.
And those same presets again but with the ARP turned on (as .repatch)
And THOSE arped presets but in a combi with reverb and delay.
I'm not usually persuaded by other peoples opinions regarding REs/plugins, but this will be an exception I think. Thanks for explaining just how limited this product is.

These REs are preset machines after all, with very limited options to shape your own sounds. If there are only a few raw samples to choose from and many patches are pretty much the same then these REs seem kind of pointless.
Not a big fan of the GUI either.
I'll skip this one.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 May 2018

Well I bought them as well and now I am sad. I know it’s “only” €29 but I could have had sushi for lunch instead :(
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

21 May 2018

I contacted the Props - they did something nice for me so I'm content.

It never hurts to ask for things.

Might as well go ask Margot Robbie if she wants to date me now. 50-50 chance!
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

esselfortium

21 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
21 May 2018

:lol:
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Loque

21 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
21 May 2018

Thanks that you let us know they helped you in a kind way after you bashed them. ;)

And good luck with "Rob", "Robbie", "Maggie"? Whatever...
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

21 May 2018

Loque wrote:
21 May 2018
hurricane wrote:
21 May 2018

Thanks that you let us know they helped you in a kind way after you bashed them. ;)

And good luck with "Rob", "Robbie", "Maggie"? Whatever...
I bashed Heavyocity. They didn't help me, the Props did. Props (Ernst) got a very mild scolding for allowing this in their shop.

I wish they would let us post reviews. People that own the RE should be given the chance to post real reviews.

mr.jpg
mr.jpg (70.81 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

21 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
21 May 2018
mr.jpg
So...this is Rob...or Robbie... ;)

Yea, this Aeon stuff seriously is a bad sign in the shop. I lost my money on it, but this was a lecture for me. Its not the main thing i lost 29 bucks, its more that i did gave them the money for that crap. I'd rather had lost it on the streets, that would just be bad luck, but this Bundle is like
ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif (437.98 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
Reason12, Win10

fieldframe
RE Developer

21 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
21 May 2018

I wish they would let us post reviews. People that own the RE should be given the chance to post real reviews.
The star reviews are about as useful as a synth with no outputs.

Upon casual observation, about 99%of the products in the shop have a 4-star rating. That says... absolutely nothing about any of them.

Propellerhead shouldn't just add text reviews; they should remove star ratings. I want to know details and don't even really care about overall impressions. Is this synth a pad monster? Is this effect a better fit for vocals than basses? Is the workflow on this CV utility better than on this other one? This is the place where users could share this information!

hurricane
Competition Winner

21 May 2018

Yeah, it's not the $29. And no one forced me to buy it. And I guess I should have remembered how bad this was when I first tried it?? And yes that's Margot Robbie have you not seen Wolf of Wall Street or Tarzan or Suicide Squad?!!

The Props don't grant refunds on REs, so I get to keep the fabulous Aeon bundle, but I also got a little bonus gift. Might be worth trying...
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

21 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
21 May 2018
hurricane wrote:
21 May 2018

The star reviews are about as useful as a synth with no outputs.

Upon casual observation, about 99%of the products in the shop have a 4-star rating. That says... absolutely nothing about any of them.

Propellerhead shouldn't just add text reviews; they should remove star ratings. I want to know details and don't even really care about overall impressions. Is this synth a pad monster? Is this effect a better fit for vocals than basses? Is the workflow on this CV utility better than on this other one? This is the place where users could share this information!
Why can't Reasontalk have a section for Rack Extension reviews?

And I'm not talking about those paid advertisement reviews RT posts every once in a while (I'm kidding!).
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

ltbrunt00

21 May 2018

Well I am glad that I am not the only one who thought this RE was way over priced and kind of sucked.

I initially thought these RE's were going to get feature updates and patches. Boy was I wrong.

Would be nice if HeavyOcity would give a cross grade discount to the AEON VST's for anyone who hasn't purchased them.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

househoppin09

21 May 2018

Oh god, yes to scrapping the ridiculous "overall star rating" in the PropShop in favor of something that conveys actual information. Honestly, they should just allow anyone who owns or has trialed any given RE to post a review and have them all listed prominently at the bottom of the sales page for that RE, like most major e-commerce sites do. I see no real downside to this, as the built-in gatekeeping should be more than sufficient to prevent people from gaming the system. Come on Props!

QVprod

21 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
21 May 2018

Why can't Reasontalk have a section for Rack Extension reviews?

And I'm not talking about those paid advertisement reviews RT posts every once in a while (I'm kidding!).
Well there is an open call for contributions to our said "paid advertisement" reviews section viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7501936&hilit=open+call ;)

kitekrazy

22 May 2018

These were originally Kontakt instruments and probably did not translate well as an RE. I avoid sample based REs since they bloat the OS drive.

Michaellos

22 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
21 May 2018

Yes, I absolutely agree, Props are good guys :thumbs_up: I am not angry at that Aeon bundle any more ;)

Loque

22 May 2018

Michaellos wrote:
22 May 2018
hurricane wrote:
21 May 2018

Yes, I absolutely agree, Props are good guys :thumbs_up: I am not angry at that Aeon bundle any more ;)
Good for you guys...
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 May 2018

househoppin09 wrote:
21 May 2018
Oh god, yes to scrapping the ridiculous "overall star rating" in the PropShop in favor of something that conveys actual information. Honestly, they should just allow anyone who owns or has trialed any given RE to post a review and have them all listed prominently at the bottom of the sales page for that RE, like most major e-commerce sites do. I see no real downside to this, as the built-in gatekeeping should be more than sufficient to prevent people from gaming the system. Come on Props!
I wouldn't mind reviews in the Prop Shop either, but isn't the Rack Extension threads enough? Seems like every new "***** in the shop" thread is pretty much about peoples opinions of a new device anyway. Of course the information/opinions aren't sorted in a nice way, so there's one flaw I guess.

But like I said I wouldn't be against reviews in the Shop. I mean why not add reviews?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2018

I asked Propellerheads to take the Aeon bundle off of my account so I would avoid having to download it every time I sync. Seriously. I know everyone knows but I’m going to say it again. What a lot of utter crap.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

22 May 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 May 2018
househoppin09 wrote:
21 May 2018
I wouldn't mind reviews in the Prop Shop either, but isn't the Rack Extension threads enough? Seems like every new "***** in the shop" thread is pretty much about peoples opinions of a new device anyway. Of course the information/opinions aren't sorted in a nice way, so there's one flaw I guess.

But like I said I wouldn't be against reviews in the Shop. I mean why not add reviews?
Despite my response above, I agree a review section (in the shop) would be excellent. While the "RE in the shop!" threads have "reviews" in them, they can be slightly hard to find if you don't know how to work the search function well. Especially if the RE has been out for a while. If we did something here I suppose a reviews section similar to how Gearslutz does theirs could possibly be done but it wouldn't be nearly as convenient to navigate as actual reviews on the the product pages themselves.

• Information