AEON Bundle for $29

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Alkua

19 May 2018

When you add AEON Bundle to the cart, at checkout, the final price is $29.

Nirude

19 May 2018

Confirmed! 29€

Edit: Bought (been wanting this for a loooooong time)
3d man.

Loque

19 May 2018

Yea, i bought it for that price. Still 20 too much imo.
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 May 2018

Loque wrote:
19 May 2018
Yea, i bought it for that price. Still 20 too much imo.
My thoughts exactly.

This is the type of RE I would never allow to be released.

What the hell, Ernst.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Galaxy

19 May 2018

Why are these instruments disliked so much? 29 for both seems like a steal tbh.

esselfortium

19 May 2018

I trialed these ages ago and didn't remember being super impressed, but I saw this price and figured why not. So, anyway, these are pretty bad. Only a very small handful of the included patches are anything I could ever see myself using, and there's basically zero capacity for building on them to create your own combinations. Can't mix and match instruments between different patches, you just get the pre-picked samples for each patch and then you can adjust the mixing or crank up the enormous PUNISH knob for distortion. That's basically it. There's not even any labeling of what the samples are on each layer, so you just have to guess and check.

The patches have programming issues, at least some of which are impossible to fix in the terribly limited GUI. There's at least one pad-like patch in here that seems to have a polyphony of 3 notes, making it virtually useless. Some pads have short samples that don't loop. There's no volume-matching between different patches, so while browsing you can enjoy turning your speaker volume up and down a lot, and the inclusion of built-in EQs and filters just left me wondering why so many of the instruments were left with harsh mids or muddy low thuds that weren't filtered out.

There are no keyswitches or true legato functionality or anything else being used that would prevent these from being packaged as NN-XTs in combinators, and the GUI here is so unfriendly and outright restrictive that they are substantially less usable and versatile than NN-XT combis would have been. Considering how half-baked their contents are, the high prices that these normally go for is frankly insulting to customers and to other instrument developers. It's unfortunate that whoever was put in charge of Heavyocity's venture into Reason-land handled it this terribly.

Well, anyway, now they're in my instrument list forever I guess.

If you're looking for these types of sounds in a more usable form, I highly recommend Impact Soundworks' Resonance: Emotional Mallets, Highland Harps, ReForged, and other libraries. They're great. There are more full-featured Kontakt versions too, but the ReFill versions can be found in bundles so you can get a bunch of them for cheap, and they're extremely usable and much better than these!

Update: I played with these some more late last night before bed. The combinator folders are just the same patches with some added delay and reverb, but somehow I'm feeling a bit warmer on many of these sounds based on those, especially the Organic set. Synth is still pretty weak and these still aren't something I'd particularly recommend when there are other options out there, but I'm no longer wanting my $29 back, at least.
Last edited by esselfortium on 20 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 May 2018

I trialed these when they first came out. Unfortunately, they came out so long ago that I forgot how shitty they were. I also thought "eh - for $29 bucks I guess I could find some use for them". WRONG.

I want my money back. This is just wrong.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Jmax

19 May 2018

They're actually not that bad at all. If you spend some time tweaking the presets you can come up with some nice sounds.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 May 2018

Aeon Sound Design - Lesson 01
by Your Friendly Neighborhood Hurricane

Let's try creating a sound from scratch.

1. Right Click on Aeon Synth and select "reset device".

2. Let's isolate the saw wave by muting Layers 1 & 2. Boom, there's a saw wave.

3. Play the D note above C5. Wait - what? You can't hear anything? Try the E. Nothing??? Keep going up the keyboard. STFU, you mean the sample stops at C5?

4. Fine, let's extend the range of the sample by not being able to do that all.

5. Ok, well let's modula - never mind.

6. How about we hit tab and let's see what we have going on back there ok hit tab again forget I mentioned that.

7. Fuck it - just jack the punish knob all the way to the right and turn on the distortion and lo-fi while you're at it.

8. Do this to every preset.

You're welcome.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

miscend

19 May 2018

That pricing must be an error. I wouldn’t feel happy buying these knowing the price is a glitch.

Alkua

19 May 2018

miscend wrote:
19 May 2018
That pricing must be an error. I wouldn’t feel happy buying these knowing the price is a glitch.
You are a very nice person. I bought it because I think it is a glitch. If I believe this is the real price, I probably don't buy them.

Michaellos

19 May 2018

I trialed these when they first came out. Unfortunately, they came out so long ago that I forgot how shitty they were. I also thought "eh - for $29 bucks I guess I could find some use for them". WRONG.

I want my money back. This is just wrong.
EXACTLY the same. Trialed them long time ago and didn't have in mind anything about them. Hated them both after going throught patches. Stupidly lost my money. :( :evil:

moneykube

20 May 2018

SUCKS 189 NOW
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

20 May 2018

miscend wrote:
19 May 2018
Yes, wanting 200 as original price must be an error. I serious hope nobody ever payed that for it. And 29 is still 20 too much. And tbh, and yes i am harsh now and normally try not to be that harsh, i have to get 20 bucks for downloading 7gb of bs. This is the worst and completly overpriced RE in the shop.
Reason12, Win10

Michaellos

20 May 2018

Loque wrote:
20 May 2018
miscend wrote:
19 May 2018
Yes, wanting 200 as original price must be an error. I serious hope nobody ever payed that for it. And 29 is still 20 too much. And tbh, and yes i am harsh now and normally try not to be that harsh, i have to get 20 bucks for downloading 7gb of bs. This is the worst and completly overpriced RE in the shop.
Totally agree, I wonder how this trash costs 99 $ each. I am furious since yesterday evening, furious at myself, of course. I have written to the support about a possibility of money back, but, I'm afraid, it doesn't make sence :(

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

Took a look at these clips. The organic one seems to be the better of the two imo. The synth one sounds kind of cheap too me. Overall it seems like these are the kind of instruments where every preset is drenched in distortion and reverb.
Maybe I'll try them out briefly just to give them a chance since the price is so low. But I'm not buy just because of the price.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 20 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

sdst
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

it must be really bad for the comments I see here

thanks this saves me time

strangers
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

Price is back to the whopping $149. I demoed these out of curiosity. Although I don't think the sounds are the steaming pile of garbage they're being made out to be, I'll admit the price is way off point even at yesterday's glitch price of $29. I wonder why an abandoned RE retains such a ridiculous price tag?

esselfortium

20 May 2018

I have to confess I'm feeling a bit better about the Organic set after sitting on it for a while and coming back to try the Combinator folder, which has the same patches with some delay and reverb pre-applied. It's a minor difference but somehow it put most of them in a more usable light. Still not worth the normal asking price, and Synth is still largely a waste of space (and frankly I don't understand why these are two separate REs to begin with), but I'm no longer regretting the $29 I spent on these at least.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

esselfortium wrote:
20 May 2018
I have to confess I'm feeling a bit better about the Organic set after sitting on it for a while and coming back to try the Combinator folder, which has the same patches with some delay and reverb pre-applied.
"AEON's Organic component delivers over 100 playable instruments presets"

This is another thing that pissed me off. There really are only 57 distinct .repatch presets included. The other 57 are those exact same presets in a combinator, only difference is they have a red DDL and RV700 patched in, in the most basic setup possible. Every single combinator is like this.

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 10.10.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 10.10.59 AM.png (932.94 KiB) Viewed 3453 times

There is a clear lack of effort throughout. This is a poor and lazy cash-grab RE.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

LOL - oh wait it gets worse. Scratch that 57 number. There are only 33 real patches. There's an ARP folder included with the same patches, only difference is the ARP is turned on.

So you get 33 .repatch patches.
And the same patches with a basic delay and reverb.
And the same patches again but this time with the ARP on.

"AEON's Organic component delivers over 100 playable instruments presets"
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

"AEON Synth delivers over 200 presets of true analog fatness"

First of all, there is no analog fatness anywhere in this instrument.

You get 57 distinct .repatch presets.
And those same presets in a combi with the same basic delay and reverb.
And those same presets again but with the ARP turned on (as .repatch)
And THOSE arped presets but in a combi with reverb and delay.

DO NOT BUY THESE PIECES OF SHIT.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

strangers
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
20 May 2018

You broke the internet. The bundle is back down to $29 :lol:
Knowing that it's the same set of patches with basic reverb, delay and arp slapped on to give the illusion of more presets, I'll move along. I will now be able to sleep tonight and fully agree with Loque. Even $29 is $20 too much for the bundle.

guitfnky

20 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
19 May 2018
I must be poor (or just a tightwad :lol:). my price point for 'well, it's only $x...I'm sure I can find a use for it for that' is like $4 or less. which of course means no paid Rack Extensions fit that criteria.

I couldn't find any pics of the back of the rack for this, which makes me wonder if it even has one. :lol:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

20 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
20 May 2018

Yes. Everybody do yourself a favor. DO NOT BUY THIS! WE ARE NOT KIDDING!
Whish someone had opened this thread before i wasted my 29. Should have invested in something more usefull. I give anybody 20 bucks that removes this crap from HD and rack!
Reason12, Win10

• Information