CV Player Tap, free from Lectric Panda

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

15 May 2018

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... layer-tap/

Dude, thank you so much. This effectively bypasses the need for the Combinator/player workaround, giving all legacy pattern devices the ability to copy notes to track. <3

Super, super happy!

Wickline

15 May 2018

Out of curiosity, what devices couldn’t copy notes to track? I know the stock devices can. I don’t have any sequencer REs.

I am a little confused on the purpose for this device. I think I’m missing something.

For instance, what is different between these 2 scenarios:

RPG8 > instrument

RPG8 > CV Tap > instrument

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

chimp_spanner

15 May 2018

It's for rack extensions that sequence using CV gate and note but have no means of "printing" to MIDI in the sequencer.

tiker01

15 May 2018

Just wanted to chime and thank to LectricPanda for this Re bridging the gap between CV Utility and Player REs.

Also I would like to say that LoveOne' CV-MIDI converter does the same and more, in terms of it is using Poly CV so can transfer polyphonic note information. Though this one is not free it may worth to check it out.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

rcbuse
RE Developer

15 May 2018

Wickline wrote:
15 May 2018
Out of curiosity, what devices couldn’t copy notes to track? I know the stock devices can. I don’t have any sequencer REs.

I am a little confused on the purpose for this device. I think I’m missing something.

RPG8 > instrument

In the examples you have given, there isn't much difference, but CVPT allows for these types of configs as well:
CVTP Configs.jpg
CVTP Configs.jpg (60.56 KiB) Viewed 6084 times

lakinlakin

15 May 2018

This free player is really good, and a very generous thing for Lectric Panda to do.

Now my Propulsion and Korde are enhanced.

Loque

15 May 2018

This is pretty nice. Big thanks. I am still looking for a device, that puts out my chords always in the same order, like lowest note always on gate1 out and so on... I guess the gates are more or less random?
Reason12, Win10

rcbuse
RE Developer

15 May 2018

Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
This is pretty nice. Big thanks. I am still looking for a device, that puts out my chords always in the same order, like lowest note always on gate1 out and so on... I guess the gates are more or less random?
CVPT will use the lowest slot thats available whenever a new note comes in.

Loque

15 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
15 May 2018
Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
Hum, yea...So the result is unpredictable. Thought so. The idea i have in my mind since several time is, to have the lowest note from Scales&Chords for a bass, than a string, than a key and than a fx or something like this.

Nevertheless, ty very much. Your device will be very useful to connect the Players<->CV!
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

15 May 2018

Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
15 May 2018

Hum, yea...So the result is unpredictable. Thought so. The idea i have in my mind since several time is, to have the lowest note from Scales&Chords for a bass, than a string, than a key and than a fx or something like this.

Nevertheless, ty very much. Your device will be very useful to connect the Players<->CV!
You could use a combinator with several CVPTs to split the keyboard into various parts, but they would of course have to be fixed note ranges.

Pralijah

15 May 2018

Thanks! Lovely contribution. Will come in handy for many of us.
Make music shake again!

theshoemaker

15 May 2018

Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
15 May 2018

Wouldn't distributor do this kind of thing?
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Loque

15 May 2018

theshoemaker wrote:
15 May 2018
Loque wrote:
15 May 2018

Wouldn't distributor do this kind of thing?
No, it cannot use a specific slot for the "lowest" note.
Reason12, Win10

Wickline

15 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
Wickline wrote:
15 May 2018

RPG8 > instrument

In the examples you have given, there isn't much difference, but CVPT allows for these types of configs as well:
CVTP Configs.jpg
Ah ok that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the diagrams!

:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

fotizimo

15 May 2018

Just taking this for a spin now, but wanted to say thank you yet again for the Lectric Panda for giving back to this community.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

rcbuse
RE Developer

15 May 2018

Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
The idea i have in my mind since several time is, to have the lowest note from Scales&Chords for a bass, than a string, than a key and than a fx or something like this.
Well, the problem with this is more fundamental. If someone plays and holds a single note, C-4, its the 'lowest'. We send it out on CV-1. Now comes in note C-3. How do you handle that in a clean way?

Loque

15 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
15 May 2018
Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
The idea i have in my mind since several time is, to have the lowest note from Scales&Chords for a bass, than a string, than a key and than a fx or something like this.
Well, the problem with this is more fundamental. If someone plays and holds a single note, C-4, its the 'lowest'. We send it out on CV-1. Now comes in note C-3. How do you handle that in a clean way?
Yes, good point. I'd rather thought about something like this:
Cv1 = lowest note CV out
Cv2 = medium note CV out
Cvn = highest note CV out
So, in your case CV1 would send C4 and than switch the note to C3, while CV2 now gets C4. The problem is, as you said, you create a new gate for a note, that was hold.

Maybe the idea of splitting the keyoboard or something like this could help. The basic idea is, to play a chord with different instruments. Maybe it could help to spread a chord... Why not have some kind of CV legato or retrigger, where a occupied CV out is still used, when the gate is "on" or retriggered on a change. While i think about this, i am wondering how a auto-note-slight could sound (impossible, i know).

How does Scales&Chord handle such a note, as you described, where the note is still part of the chord. Is it retriggered?

Guess i should move this to the "Players we want" section. Nevermind.
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 May 2018

Excellent little device, thank you...

Loque

15 May 2018

I fiddled around with splitting to different devices. Works like a charm and creates interesting results. Just to bad i cannot connect those CV signals to other players within a Combinator...oh...wait...I CAN! OMG! YES! Amazing! Holy cows falling from the sky!

One site note: MoPol seems to have a problem with retriggering gates so i took "Polymodular System CV Breakout Box" for Poly-CV conversions.
Reason12, Win10

Catblack

15 May 2018

Just offering up a simple combinator that combines 2 Matrix devices controlling A-List Acoustic Guitar. So you can have one Matrix for the playing chord and one for the strum articulation. I'm pretty new to the A-List stuff, but CV Player Tap gives me the control I wanted to have with it!
Attachments
2 Matrix A-List Acoustic.zip
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Ostermilk

15 May 2018

What a kind and thoughtful Panda!

This is a fine and handy thing.

anko

15 May 2018

woah, thanks pandas! ;)

Biolumin3sc3nt

15 May 2018

Duuuuude! Thanx Panda, this works perfect for what I wanted to do with the ABL3 Bassline. No workaround, and now I can add "send to track" - add shuffle in the main sequencer and Presto.

High Five for the simple yet effective device for free.

Emian

16 May 2018

Thx for this free player device, Panda!

Question; i have a PredatorRE sending notes to an instance of Massive using the "Arpeggiator Tune" & Arpeggiator gate" CV outputs of Predator RE. if i put a CVPT on Massive & connect the PredatorRE outputs to the CVPT inputs ,the melody is different, as if the notes are more 'legato' .... is this normal, or due to the behaviour of PredatorRE's outputs ?
if i need to make a video i can do that later today ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information