CV Player Tap, free from Lectric Panda

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

23 May 2018

theshoemaker wrote:
23 May 2018
Really a joy to connect PSQ to CVPT
:o :idea:
Reason12, Win10

theshoemaker

23 May 2018

Loque wrote:
23 May 2018
theshoemaker wrote:
23 May 2018
Really a joy to connect PSQ to CVPT
C'mon Loque ... you really didn't think about this before :lol:
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Loque

23 May 2018

theshoemaker wrote:
23 May 2018
Loque wrote:
23 May 2018

C'mon Loque ... you really didn't think about this before :lol:
PSQ did not reached the 100% connection state in my brain as a CV source in general, as a sequencer, CV manipulator or CV curve generator. I am working on it... ;) Still did not tested to use it as quantizer ;-)
Reason12, Win10

theshoemaker

23 May 2018

This is my current base setup for experimental stuff: 2 PSQ instances with the sequencers connected to all 16 in ports of CVPT.

With a Nostromo for extra randomization. Feel free to replace it with another synth

On Nostromo in the Randomization options for modulation the source and dest pool is set to C1-CV8.
The Nostromo outs signals CV1-CV8 are split and connected to the both PSQ instances CV1-CV8 (which are also chained for sync).
The Nostromo in signals are CV1-4 from PSQ instance 1 and CV5-8 from instance 2.
Sequencers are connected from S1-S8 with pads A1-B4.

I wouldn't start heavy on the PSQ randomizatoin. I'm randomizing and finetuning pad by pad.
Attachments
PSQ CVPT.cmb.zip
(31.37 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Sunsiare

26 Jul 2018

Hello!

I have discovered CVTP a few hours ago and I'm trying to use it in order to use Redrum to sequence Drumazon / Nepheton. While I understand the concept, I'm scratching my head over something at the moment.

I have linked all the Redrum's 10 CV out to the 10 first CV in of CVTP and, among the 16 sounds available in Nepheton, CVTP seems to only be linked to 4 or 5 of them, often repeated (5 and 8 is the snares, 1 and 9 is the kick).

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

rcbuse
RE Developer

26 Jul 2018

Sunsiare wrote:
26 Jul 2018
Hello!

I have discovered CVTP a few hours ago and I'm trying to use it in order to use Redrum to sequence Drumazon / Nepheton. While I understand the concept, I'm scratching my head over something at the moment.

I have linked all the Redrum's 10 CV out to the 10 first CV in of CVTP and, among the 16 sounds available in Nepheton, CVTP seems to only be linked to 4 or 5 of them, often repeated (5 and 8 is the snares, 1 and 9 is the kick).

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
I don't know anything about Nepheton, but I would suspect the MIDI notes do not align correctly. CVPT by default will map unconnected note values to Redrum and Kongs MIDI pads mapping rooted at (C1 36). You are probably going to need to hook a
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... generator/
up to the CVPT to override those MIDI note values to match Nepheton.
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 1.39.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 1.39.19 PM.png (308.98 KiB) Viewed 3859 times

Sunsiare

27 Jul 2018

It took some time but now it works great!

Thanks a lot for your help and this great tool~
CapGGGture.PNG
CapGGGture.PNG (863.05 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
Capturwe.jpg
Capturwe.jpg (312.15 KiB) Viewed 3805 times

Jagwah

28 Jul 2018

Thanks so much for this, I was surprised being such a heavily used feature it wasn't included in an update from Props.

ExianNYC

31 Jul 2018

Now that PSQ and CV Player Tap make it possible to produce multiple streams of MIDI notes, will Reason catch up and allow us to record all those multiple MIDI tracks simultaneously? (Or is there a way to do this that I don't know about?)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2018

ExianNYC wrote:
31 Jul 2018
Now that PSQ and CV Player Tap make it possible to produce multiple streams of MIDI notes, will Reason catch up and allow us to record all those multiple MIDI tracks simultaneously? (Or is there a way to do this that I don't know about?)
You can arm multiple tracks and record at the same time, just remember you can't record a CV signal straight.

electrofux

14 Aug 2018

New Update:

"Fixed bug that caused successive notes without gaps to merge."

Now how was that handled before and after?

i noticed when i had a long gate coming into Gate Input 1 and while the gate was on the corresponding notevalue changed, i got mutliple gate outs in the output section. But is that right as there are no additional original gates, just the one long one? I would assume just the notevalue on the output side changes.

Iggster

30 Aug 2018

I notice a few people have mentioned that it may be possible to capture midi data on a track from the CV outputs generated from a device.

I’m trying to do this with uJam Eden using its multiple CV outs so I can edit and add some variety to the patterns but can’t seem to print the pattern to the track.

Is this possible with CV Player Tap or am I expecting too much?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2018

Iggster wrote:
30 Aug 2018
I notice a few people have mentioned that it may be possible to capture midi data on a track from the CV outputs generated from a device.

I’m trying to do this with uJam Eden using its multiple CV outs so I can edit and add some variety to the patterns but can’t seem to print the pattern to the track.

You could the CV player Tap or any player to do this sort of thing.

This should point you in the right direction.

and this one

Really I should do and will do an up to date video (I'll do it using the Ujam Eden :D ) as looking at it you should be able to bypass the Mopol and use the CV tap directly..

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
31 Aug 2018
Iggster wrote:
30 Aug 2018

and this one

Really I should do and will do an up to date video (I'll do it using the Ujam Eden :D ) as looking at it you should be able to bypass the Mopol and use the CV tap directly..

PoohBear

Just downloaded the Eden had a quick look, in fact it's very easy with the CV tap, will do a quick tip video now.

Iggster

31 Aug 2018

Brilliant!

Thanks Carly. Will look over the links and look forward to seeing your video later!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2018

I had note and CV connected to the CV Tap, played and disconnected som wires while notes were played. That caused the CV Tap to have hung notes. Maybe good idea to kill the notes/gates on the output once the wire is disconnected and/or include a separate kill all button?
CV tap w 2 stuck notes.gif
CV tap w 2 stuck notes.gif (10.16 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

robotgard

27 Sep 2018

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

rcbuse
RE Developer

27 Sep 2018

robotgard wrote:
27 Sep 2018
I can not update the CV Player Tap for Reason Lite 10.2
Version 1.0.0 is available. But for version 1.0.3 I'm offered to buy the full version 10.

cvpt.jpg
Odd, contact the props because that seems like some sort of bug with the shop. 1.0.3 was released before 10.2 so their might be some sort of issue with it thinking Lite 10.2 isn't compatible.

Biolumin3sc3nt

28 Sep 2018

Panda... I hope you're still reading this, but I'm having a problem using the latest version of CVPT with ABL3. The first version worked perfectly with slides and everything, but now when i connect it to the latest version, the pattern from ABL3 to CVPT is messed up.

Let me know if you have ABL3, and try it for yourself. I can also send a file as well. Thanx

rcbuse
RE Developer

28 Sep 2018

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
28 Sep 2018
Panda... I hope you're still reading this, but I'm having a problem using the latest version of CVPT with ABL3. The first version worked perfectly with slides and everything, but now when i connect it to the latest version, the pattern from ABL3 to CVPT is messed up.

Let me know if you have ABL3, and try it for yourself. I can also send a file as well. Thanx
Shoot an email over to support@lectricpanda.com with your file and we can take a look.

Biolumin3sc3nt

28 Sep 2018

rcbuse wrote:
28 Sep 2018
Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
28 Sep 2018

Shoot an email over to support@lectricpanda.com with your file and we can take a look.
Thanx, will do later this evening!!

Emian

01 Oct 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
31 Aug 2018
Iggster wrote:
30 Aug 2018

and this one

PoohBear

instead of the CV4X4 to generate the note data, one can also use the One-Note Stand RE to generate the note data from the sequencer or keyboard input : https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ote-stand/

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2018

Emian wrote:
01 Oct 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
31 Aug 2018

and this one

PoohBear

instead of the CV4X4 to generate the note data, one can also use the One-Note Stand RE to generate the note data from the sequencer or keyboard input : https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ote-stand/
So replace the CV8x4 with 8 One-Note Stands....

It would have been nice with "One Note Stand" if it support multi CV note and gate out for a poly input.. however it is a nice little handy device but I would not use it for something like this.

Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2018

Any idea why the output from the Tap merged together with the Mopol are not read as poly from the Emi device??
Reason 10.2

• Information