Players we want built thread

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dancing fool

11 May 2018

A simple 16 step sequencer like as16 with total remote controle.
Turingmachine like shift register seq.
Klee sequencer.
Al 3 with a lot of cv ins and outs

Undistraction

11 May 2018

I'd like to see a player with CV-in that offers really fine-grained control over pitch quantising. For example I would like to be able to take the CV signal from an oscillator and map it to a series of notes. There are some REs that go some of the way to solving this, but they all offer a very limited way of selecting the notes - always allowing you to select notes from a single octave and repeating that scale across all octaves. I'd like to be able to select a series of notes running across as many octaves as I want and choose how a CV signal is mapped to these notes - for example should the full range of the signal be used or only part of it? Should each note span an equal portion of the signal or should some span larger or smaller areas.

There would also need to be some way of gating a continuous CV signal, but I guess putting a drum sequencer above it could take care of that.

A player like that would make me very happy.

bxbrkrz

11 May 2018

An algorithmic MIDI sequencer with a lot of parameters to define the seed (note range, length, velocity, playback direction, etc)
Maybe Kompulsion is what I want?
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Aquila

12 May 2018

A very simple live note quantiser would be rather handy for snapping in perfectly timed arpeggios during performances.

NekujaK

13 May 2018

"Artificial intelligence" players that are essentially virtual musicians - bass player, piano player, drummer, lead, horns, etc... that can play in different musical styles.

You just feed them the current chord and they play their parts on the fly. There should be general parameters to control how they play: busy, sparse, expressive, aggressive, etc., but the idea is to treat the players like human musicians who jam along with your song. They won't necessarily play the exact same notes every time.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Catblack

13 May 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
09 May 2018
Microtonal Player. Like the RE one OchenK put out. The RE is a bit fiddly to set-up. Would probably be a perfect Player candidate.
I don't have the OchenK one, but couldn't you have many instances of it and use the Midi-CV player to use PolyCV to split up each note?

samplemachine wrote:
09 May 2018
Omnichord strummer like player that uses unusual controls like the mod wheel
There's a great combi I found from EditEd4TV which uses Thor's step sequencer with each step set to a different note and then in the combi Modwheel sets the Thor's Step Count. (Important: the Thor's sequencer direction has to be set REVERSE.) But the Thor's step sequencer Gate out doesn't trigger, so you have to use the step sequencer's Curve? I'm still looking into it, but it is possible.

--

The Player I really want to see is one that simply opens up a key range and has 8 or 16 patterns. So you can hook up a bunch of players, but only the notes you've allowed in the key range come through. Sort of like a note gate. I'd be fine with just one range per player instance. So if I wanted to set an octave like C-2 to C-3 to come through, I could. And then patterns to shift that if I wanted to. Simple, yet modular.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Zac

13 May 2018

Some kind of innovative generative melody creator that either makes use of scales from other players or has itself various ways to constrain the variables.

groggy1

13 May 2018

Aquila wrote:
12 May 2018
A very simple live note quantiser would be rather handy for snapping in perfectly timed arpeggios during performances.
I would love this too - but I don't know if players have "look-ahead" - so a player may be able to *delay* a midi-note so that it's quantised, but can it move a note backwards in-time? If not, this may be hard to do?

Creativemind

13 May 2018

A bass line generator sounds good. :-)

It's gonna be very interesting to see what comes in the next 12 months.

So are we on SDK 3 now?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Faastwalker

13 May 2018

I've not seen or read anything about this other than Computer Music's glowing praise. Seems to be getting good feedback from a lot of places. My first thought was Player candidate.

https://insessionaudio.com/products/riff-generation/

ShawnG

13 May 2018

The Dev that gives me a "Drummer brain" plugin a-la Jamstix or Logic's Drummer gets my money. able to play in different styles with adjustable complexity and dynamics, with midi output freely selectable from many common drum maps (Gen MIDI, BFD, Toontrack, etc...) and able to use Reason Pattern select for different parts per song.

eusti

13 May 2018

ShawnG wrote:
13 May 2018
The Dev that gives me a "Drummer brain" plugin a-la Jamstix or Logic's Drummer gets my money. able to play in different styles with adjustable complexity and dynamics, with midi output freely selectable from many common drum maps (Gen MIDI, BFD, Toontrack, etc...) and able to use Reason Pattern select for different parts per song.
Nice!!! I would love that! :)

D.

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 May 2018

Keyzones with expression fade.

This can allow you to, for example, have a single Combinator with a bass and keyboard that feature an expression fade into each other as you go up and down the keyboard.

This can be taken a step further with expression / velocity fade zones. Your velocity zone could be 60-100, but when you strike a velocity of 60, an expression of 0 is sent, and for a velocity 70 (the end of the velocity fade zone) an expression of 100 is sent to the instrument.

I'm sure an even better model can be taken from workstation keyboards where this is a common feature.
Last edited by avasopht on 14 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

jimmyklane

13 May 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
10 May 2018
Something that lets me prototype chord progressions. Reasons built in chord player is not enough, I want to be able to pick chords from different modes and stuff like that to find interesting progressions.
Can you not simply translate, say, Eminor to CLydian on the fly and then work with a differing S&C for another mode. Not sure if the key can be automated?
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Aquila

14 May 2018

groggy1 wrote:
13 May 2018
Aquila wrote:
12 May 2018
I would love this too - but I don't know if players have "look-ahead" - so a player may be able to *delay* a midi-note so that it's quantised, but can it move a note backwards in-time? If not, this may be hard to do?
Heh...that's not what I was thinking. It's impossible to preempt your notes lol. I was talking about delaying/quantising your played notes to the next specified timeslot.

selig
RE Developer

14 May 2018

Aquila wrote:
groggy1 wrote:
13 May 2018
Heh...that's not what I was thinking. It's impossible to preempt your notes lol. I was talking about delaying/quantising your played notes to the next specified timeslot.
One possible issue with that is all notes will have to be moved (delayed) to the next beat with this approach. So while they may be quantized, they will also be delayed somewhat defeating the purpose I would imagine…

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

ltbrunt00

14 May 2018

GRIFTY wrote:
08 May 2018
a chord humanizer for scales and chords. something small, simple, and cheap that just splits the notes and velocities up a little bit so perfectly executed chords don't sound so robotic.
Mic Drop....You nailed it with this request. A player like this would be instant buy. I hope the Props are reading.......
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

ltbrunt00

14 May 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
13 May 2018
Breach The Sky wrote:
10 May 2018
Something that lets me prototype chord progressions. Reasons built in chord player is not enough, I want to be able to pick chords from different modes and stuff like that to find interesting progressions.
Can you not simply translate, say, Eminor to CLydian on the fly and then work with a differing S&C for another mode. Not sure if the key can be automated?
You should try ToonTrack's EzKeys. I like their chord picker better than all the other tools I have used. Image
Attachments
EZKeys.JPG
EZKeys.JPG (48.66 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Marc Swing

14 May 2018

ltbrunt00 wrote:
14 May 2018
GRIFTY wrote:
08 May 2018
a chord humanizer for scales and chords. something small, simple, and cheap that just splits the notes and velocities up a little bit so perfectly executed chords don't sound so robotic.
Mic Drop....You nailed it with this request. A player like this would be instant buy. I hope the Props are reading.......
Yes please!

instant buy for me too!

aeox
Competition Winner

14 May 2018

ltbrunt00 wrote:
14 May 2018
GRIFTY wrote:
08 May 2018
I find that the best way to humanize anything is to do it manually(midi/velocity, etc) or with the "Tool Options" window which has some handy features like randomize ticks and velocity, etc.

It would be interesting to see if someone could actually make a player that did what you're asking and made it convincing.

Catblack

15 May 2018

aeox wrote:
14 May 2018
ltbrunt00 wrote:
14 May 2018

I find that the best way to humanize anything is to do it manually(midi/velocity, etc) or with the "Tool Options" window which has some handy features like randomize ticks and velocity, etc.

It would be interesting to see if someone could actually make a player that did what you're asking and made it convincing.
For single note stuff you can use Note Echo in a combi with a very slight timing with tempo sync off, routed to cv in. Or you could do something similar with Zvork's ST100. Use CV to modulate the timing delay slightly to give it a different feel.

(The tools window and regroove are usually my gotos though.)
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Loque

15 May 2018

A "CV->Automation Lane" is what i want...Let me connect any CV and select different target types, than "Send to track" and job is done... If this is not directly supported, i think i can live with a "mod-wheel" connection, but the target types should be selectable. Does that make sense?
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

15 May 2018

Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
A "CV->Automation Lane" is what i want...Let me connect any CV and select different target types, than "Send to track" and job is done... If this is not directly supported, i think i can live with a "mod-wheel" connection, but the target types should be selectable. Does that make sense?
I think "Send to track" only works on note events, i e you can't write controller data with it as far as I know.
But you could record CV data to an audio track using the mod matrix in Thor (or the CV-IO devices), and then convert it back to CV again during playback?
Or use an EMI with a loopback interface, since the EMI has a CV input that can be mapped to any MIDI CC.

Despondo
Competition Winner

15 May 2018

aeox wrote:
10 May 2018
I want a character Player that dances to the midi.
Like this?

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... 0Dance.htm

aeox
Competition Winner

15 May 2018

Despondo wrote:
15 May 2018
aeox wrote:
10 May 2018
I want a character Player that dances to the midi.
Like this?

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... 0Dance.htm

Yes, but a way cooler version of it!

• Information