Players we want built thread

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
groggy1

08 May 2018

Here’s the players I want to see built:
—Cthulhu chord generator by Steve Duda
—access virus’s arpeggiator
—player that hosts midi-out vst (no chance of this soon :()
—bassline generator

What do you want to see?

GRIFTY

08 May 2018

a chord humanizer for scales and chords. something small, simple, and cheap that just splits the notes and velocities up a little bit so perfectly executed chords don't sound so robotic.

ljekio

09 May 2018

a chord humanizer for scales and chords.
F8, Groove, random timing.
But not random velocity impact there (my suggestion from 2009 year)/

manisnotabird

09 May 2018

A chord player that is like the one built-in to the A-List Guitarists series. Turns two or three note inputs into major chords, minor chords, sus2, sus4, min7, maj7, dom7, maj9, etc., etc. maybe even with some intelligent voicings that take into account the previous chord played.

Faastwalker

09 May 2018

Microtonal Player. Like the RE one OchenK put out. The RE is a bit fiddly to set-up. Would probably be a perfect Player candidate.

Someone on another thread suggested the audio-in ability could be utilized for audio to MIDI note real time conversion. That would be cool if indeed possible.

........ Not sure what else. Might take me a while to get my head around what might be possible with Players following the update. No doubt some interesting possibilities. Not least because of the improved audio / CV i/o.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 09 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

GRIFTY

09 May 2018

^is that possible with midi? i don't think so

EDIT although i forgot that players can have cv-out now, isn't that correct?

Faastwalker

09 May 2018

GRIFTY wrote:
09 May 2018
^is that possible with midi? i don't think so

EDIT although i forgot that players can have cv-out now, isn't that correct?
CV i/o & audio-in I believe.

samplemachine

09 May 2018

Omnichord strummer like player that uses unusual controls like the mod wheel
record scratch player
chord melody harmony generator with an AI brain

dioxide

09 May 2018

Player versions of Redrum, Matrix and RPG8. The players we have at the moment aren't as good as these.

Ahornberg

09 May 2018

Can players work on PichBend, Modulation and other MIDI data too?

buddard
RE Developer

09 May 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
09 May 2018
Can players work on PichBend, Modulation and other MIDI data too?
Nope, only note events. But they can have CV out!

electrofux

09 May 2018

A better Drumsequencer that is remotable(!)

The new one is not bad featurewise but is not remotable and otherwise lacking in some areas.

To make a better one remotable i think a limitation to 16 steps/8 tracks might be acceptable if there are a couple of additonal features in it.

One would be Trig Conditions much like Probaility but more predictable. EG, play this trig the first out of 4 loops, every other loop, when the previous/next step plays/dont plays etc. This could even be incorporated into the probability parameter as aditional options after 100% so doesnt need an extra per step lane.

Different runmodes and track length per track are cool too.

Also the ability to have pattern chains within the device with the option to turn off autofollow so we can edit the patterns while the chain is playing.

An aditional CV out track would be nice too to have an individual per step parameter (could then be connected to a drums pitch eg in Redrum, a reverb send etc).

Not only CV Gate outs but also CV Note so that Samplers with different Drum sets can be connected easily and one can scan through different samples by changing the Note of a track (no current Drumdevice currently has a comprehensive remotable option to change samples on the device). And the additional CV Out per track.

Quantized Pattern switching.

chimp_spanner

09 May 2018

A dedicated melodic pattern sequencer/recorder would be nice. Currently with Drum Seq and Kompulsion, we can use drum sequencers as melodic sequencers and kiiinda work around it with scales and chords. But what I'd like is a player device with multiple patterns and a full range note editor that allows you to either hand place notes (Matrix style) or just record them in. That + the existing drum sequencer/s would provide a great alternative workflow to the sequencer!

Also a humanize player would be fantastic. With options for randomising velocity and timing separately, in real time.

Other than that, uhh maybe another arp? Dual Arp is kinda cool but feels a bit fiddly at times. Maybe it's just me!

seqoi

09 May 2018

Well i dream about Robotic Bean build something along the lines of Ableton Sequencer in the house of their new Player Euclidean Rhythms.
sequencer.jpg
sequencer.jpg (75.72 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Imagine having this in new gorgeous interface ala Euclidian. Make it polyphonic (at least 4 individual lines) , add random features with value ranges from 0 to 100% like in ableton, add conform to scale (but reason already have that feature and chord player) - instant riff creator, bassline creator and whatnot.

I simply cannot believe how intuitive and great looking new Euclidean Rhythms is. Top notch stuff!

seqoi

09 May 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
09 May 2018
A dedicated melodic pattern sequencer/recorder would be nice. Currently with Drum Seq and Kompulsion, we can use drum sequencers as melodic sequencers and kiiinda work around it with scales and chords. But what I'd like is a player device with multiple patterns and a full range note editor that allows you to either hand place notes (Matrix style) or just record them in. That + the existing drum sequencer/s would provide a great alternative workflow to the sequencer!

Also a humanize player would be fantastic. With options for randomising velocity and timing separately, in real time.

Other than that, uhh maybe another arp? Dual Arp is kinda cool but feels a bit fiddly at times. Maybe it's just me!
Yeah you literally posted seconds ago just what i was thinking. Look my psot above with Ableton image. Imagine this from Robotc Bean.

Your post show me i am not the only one dreaming on this.

ljekio

09 May 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
09 May 2018
Microtonal Player. Like the RE one OchenK put out. The RE is a bit fiddly to set-up. Would probably be a perfect Player candidate.

Someone on another thread suggested the audio-in ability could be utilized for audio to MIDI note real time conversion. That would be cool if indeed possible.
Very like both requests.

My personal suggestion about new (or extend available) players is midi loop player like arpeggiator but with record live midi input as Drum Seq from PH. With playing from the keyboard (where any alone keyboard's note will trig start and transpose sequention).

kefkekeyser

09 May 2018

A sequencer where the note, gate and velocity of one sequencer lane can have different loop lengths and directions. It should also have a Euclidian algorithm generator that you can use to generate gates.

This would make it possible to use a Euclidian algorithm to generate 12 steps of gates but use 4 steps of velocity to give it a normal 4 to the floor beat feel.

Oh, and it should also be able to work as an arpeggiator.

Or just let Five12 build a system like Numerology as Reason Players, that would be the bomb.

antic604

09 May 2018

3 REs to fully replicate Live's (or Bitwig's) Clip Launchers:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7506889

Ahornberg

10 May 2018

something like KARMA would be great

jayhosking

10 May 2018

Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I feel like there's room for more arpeggiators. The built-in dual arpeggiator is cool, but the four-note limitation of each arpeggiator often leaves me wanting more.

tiker01

10 May 2018

jayhosking wrote:
10 May 2018
Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I feel like there's room for more arpeggiators. The built-in dual arpeggiator is cool, but the four-note limitation of each arpeggiator often leaves me wanting more.
Kompulsion has an Arp mode ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Breach The Sky

10 May 2018

Something that lets me prototype chord progressions. Reasons built in chord player is not enough, I want to be able to pick chords from different modes and stuff like that to find interesting progressions.

aeox
Competition Winner

10 May 2018

I want a character Player that dances to the midi.

Ahornberg

10 May 2018

A generalized player could be one where a VST like Chutulhu could be loaded.

Noplan
Competition Winner

10 May 2018

Midi Splitter.jpg
Midi Splitter.jpg (8.04 KiB) Viewed 3004 times

• Information