Noise Engineering's 3x RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1235
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 20 May 2018

Trefor wrote:
17 May 2018
Sounds really cool but isn't it possible to do most of what they do using a Thor with a Matrix attached?
The workflow wont be the same and the sound timbre will be very different.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5644
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 20 May 2018

I had pretty much fun with a little session using the Noise REs and PSQ-1684 as a sequencer. The fx are stock only. Due the RE are pretty focused, you can get a job quickly done. Check it out:
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

lakinlakin
Posts: 119
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Location: Scotland

Post 20 May 2018

Loque wrote:
20 May 2018
I had pretty much fun with a little session using the Noise REs and PSQ-1684 as a sequencer. The fx are stock only. Due the RE are pretty focused, you can get a job quickly done. Check it out:
That was pretty good. Well done.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5644
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 20 May 2018

lakinlakin wrote:
20 May 2018
Loque wrote:
20 May 2018
I had pretty much fun with a little session using the Noise REs and PSQ-1684 as a sequencer. The fx are stock only. Due the RE are pretty focused, you can get a job quickly done. Check it out:
That was pretty good. Well done.
ty ;)
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1000
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2018

Libraquaricorn or Loque... any way you guys could share your reason files for these? They sound really good and I'd like to see in more detail how Loque is using PSQ-1684 and just in general how these songs are put together.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5644
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 20 May 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
20 May 2018
Libraquaricorn or Loque... any way you guys could share your reason files for these? They sound really good and I'd like to see in more detail how Loque is using PSQ-1684 and just in general how these songs are put together.
Nothing special, just hook up some random notes, quantized and connected the sequencers to some Combinators. For the "drumkit" i used a Combinator and filtered all anwanted notes out with a Scales&Chords, but left for each drum sound a few notes not only one, so they can come together with others (eg. drum+snare).

If some others request the download, i gonna provide it. Keep in mind, you need PSQ for this song file than.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1000
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2018

I never thought to filter notes using Scales & Chords before for drum combinators, that's a great idea! Guess the issue I'm having with PSQ is I want it random but not too random to where notes are being triggered off the beat, or more specifically in-between notes, like in-between 16th notes and it doesn't sound very musical. Think I need to learn how to use PSQ better!

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5644
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 20 May 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
20 May 2018
I never thought to filter notes using Scales & Chords before for drum combinators, that's a great idea! Guess the issue I'm having with PSQ is I want it random but not too random to where notes are being triggered off the beat, or more specifically in-between notes, like in-between 16th notes and it doesn't sound very musical. Think I need to learn how to use PSQ better!
I used the Scales&Chords mainly because i was too lazy to set up different sequences. And this allowed me to have a drum-sound also musical (pitched up/down) and i do not need to be 100% accurate (which can also be done using the Quantizers). Well, its just one way to do it.

You can also have different timings, like a kick on 1/4, a Snare on 1/2, ClosedHihats on 1/16 and so on. Just di not figured out, if it has a probablity kind of stuff (it has some "chaos"...). I should RTFM ;)
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
raccoonboy
Posts: 452
Joined: 22 Oct 2015

Post 20 May 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
17 May 2018
Undistraction wrote:
17 May 2018
I would get these anyway purely for the reason that the more successful they are, the more chance there is of more Eurorack developers coming to the RE format which would be a really wonderful thing. Small, interesting, focused REs are the future. We have more than enough in the way of generic effects.

Just take a looked through this list without drooling: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/evaluationlists
That's a very good way to look at it. ;)

Since I'm a Eurorack fanatic, I'm always mentioning this to Eurorack devs I meet (primarily those who make digital modules as those make sense to port). If there's a real market for this, and you guys want more, feel free to contact your favorite module developers and let them know what you think.
Also a Eurorack fanatic, and a Reason one.. I think Reason should become the go to way to interact with Eurorack, not just porting stuff over to Reason. It's perfectly designed to interact with hardware, but it could do much more in this regard (and other non-hardware stuff too).

wishMachine
Posts: 38
Joined: 12 Dec 2017

Post 22 May 2018

I really need to stop by here more often. Just noticed these in the shop, on sale, in a bundle. That kick drum though! You could easily construct an E.P. just using these, possibly an album too... hmmmm... After I get paid they'll be mine. Personal challenge accepted!
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 1758
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 22 May 2018

Trying out my newly bought bundle. After 30 minutes of making random patches I can already tell I love these.
So easy to make cool sounding patches.

These might become new favorites of mine.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1482
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 May 2018

Reason Experts has uploaded a couple of videos so far;




User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2173
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 24 May 2018

Undistraction wrote:
19 May 2018
aeox wrote:
19 May 2018


Hmm, I have to disagree with you here. eXpanse is probably the most feature packed synth in Reason and it does everything really well(As long as you know what you're doing) and is the absolute opposite of a creativity killer.

These Noise Engineering devices are more playful and cater to people who just want to tweak knobs and get good results right off the bat without having to think about it.

There are a few other devices in the shop that are one trick ponies as well. Megasaur comes to mind!
Each to their own I guess. I think expanse is a great synth, but I've definitely had more fun playing with these three than I've ever had with expanse. I also find it really helpful to have a synth that has a sound, so I can head there when I need that sound, rather than heading for a synth that can make any sound and getting lost in creating it. That's not to say I don't make my own sounds - I barely use presets at all - but a synth with a distinctive character is way more attractive to me that one that does it all. I actually find myself using Kilhearts' synth loads recently - it's really limited but I know where the edges are and that makes me way more productive.

Tbh I do think calling these 'one trick ponies' is a little silly when they are capable of such a great palette of sounds.
I don't mean "one trick ponies" in a bad way. I actually love plenty of REs that do one thing well. Basimilus is a superb device and I purchased it without much hesitation. I also enjoy a few other one trick ponies as well ;P

I guess I end up using expanse for 90% of sounds because I've become accustomed to it and a lot of the time I sort of know the sound I'm going for( and it can just cover so much ground).

I do support RE like the ones in the Bundle here. They are cool! Blamsoft has some neat modular stuff as well.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 663
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 25 May 2018

If it's gonna add more Euroracks like Cursus or lores ipsum, Integra Funkitus, Variatic eruptions, etc, I would look at them differently.
I'm trying to resist right now, even if they look very promising; if even one of those others modules pops up, that would start to look like
a very good Blamsoft polymodular/Ocken As series alternative.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5644
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 28 May 2018

Bump. Only 2 days left for the intro offer.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 2106
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 28 May 2018

Loque wrote:
28 May 2018
Bump. Only 2 days left for the intro offer.
Why are you doing this?! ;) I still need to choose between PX7, VK-2, Polymodular Bundle and those... :( I might have to make those charts with pros & cons or roll a dice...
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - "Psytrance in Bitwig Studio" tutorial

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5644
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 28 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
28 May 2018
Loque wrote:
28 May 2018
Bump. Only 2 days left for the intro offer.
Why are you doing this?! ;) I still need to choose between PX7, VK-2, Polymodular Bundle and those... :( I might have to make those charts with pros & cons or roll a dice...
50739940d2c4a61cbbbf747fe0cd3743b0f31249_hq.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

Undistraction
Posts: 209
Joined: 11 May 2018

Post 28 May 2018

@Loque thanks. I'd forgotten to buy.

User avatar
Exowildebeest
Posts: 1515
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 29 May 2018

I bought the Basimilus Iteritas and it sure doesn't disappoint! It sounds really unique, and the controls are so well chosen, perfect for giving a sound interesting movement.

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 573
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 29 May 2018

I bought the bundle!

Uniqueness, simplicity, workflow, sound, gui design...all A+

This should be a new benchmark for RE moving forward. JMO! : )
buy BTC

User avatar
rcbuse
Posts: 880
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: SR388

Post 29 May 2018

Loque wrote:
20 May 2018
I had pretty much fun with a little session using the Noise REs and PSQ-1684 as a sequencer. The fx are stock only. Due the RE are pretty focused, you can get a job quickly done. Check it out:
I might have to buy the bundle now....

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 573
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 30 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
29 May 2018
Loque wrote:
20 May 2018
I had pretty much fun with a little session using the Noise REs and PSQ-1684 as a sequencer. The fx are stock only. Due the RE are pretty focused, you can get a job quickly done. Check it out:
I might have to buy the bundle now....
Yeah, I had to buy.
buy BTC

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 573
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 30 May 2018

Loque wrote:
20 May 2018
I had pretty much fun with a little session using the Noise REs and PSQ-1684 as a sequencer. The fx are stock only. Due the RE are pretty focused, you can get a job quickly done. Check it out:
Brilliant! I'm inspired! !! :mrgreen:
buy BTC

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5644
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 30 May 2018

BRIGGS wrote:
30 May 2018
Loque wrote:
20 May 2018
I had pretty much fun with a little session using the Noise REs and PSQ-1684 as a sequencer. The fx are stock only. Due the RE are pretty focused, you can get a job quickly done. Check it out:
Brilliant! I'm inspired! !! :mrgreen:
ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 573
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 30 May 2018

Loque wrote:
30 May 2018
BRIGGS wrote:
30 May 2018


Brilliant! I'm inspired! !! :mrgreen:
ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif

I can haz disco ball? :lol:
buy BTC

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests