Noise Engineering's 3x RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

30 May 2018

BRIGGS wrote:
30 May 2018
Loque wrote:
30 May 2018

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif

I can haz disco ball? :lol:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (514.37 KiB) Viewed 3799 times
Reason12, Win10

Emian

30 May 2018

Bought the 2 little ones, time to dive into raw modular techno ...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FEVER met Tapatalk

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

jam-s

30 May 2018

Loque wrote:
30 May 2018
BRIGGS wrote:
30 May 2018
giphy.gif
Giving it some more disco:

BRIGGS

31 May 2018

jam-s wrote:
30 May 2018
Loque wrote:
30 May 2018

giphy.gif
Giving it some more disco:
Can't get enough!
:mrgreen:
r11s

aeox
Competition Winner

31 May 2018

Lots of sweet sounds coming from these, from everyone :thumbs_up:

botnotbot

31 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
28 May 2018
Loque wrote:
28 May 2018
Bump. Only 2 days left for the intro offer.
Why are you doing this?! ;) I still need to choose between PX7, VK-2, Polymodular Bundle and those... :( I might have to make those charts with pros & cons or roll a dice...
You could punt the decision, grab a subscription, and use them all :)

In my experience it is more or less like a long-term trial. Every RE that has become essential has eventually been purchased, but in the meantime I can satisfy my curiosity without sacrificing "extra" money.

antic604

31 May 2018

botnotbot wrote:
31 May 2018
antic604 wrote:
28 May 2018

Why are you doing this?! ;) I still need to choose between PX7, VK-2, Polymodular Bundle and those... :( I might have to make those charts with pros & cons or roll a dice...
You could punt the decision, grab a subscription, and use them all :)

In my experience it is more or less like a long-term trial. Every RE that has become essential has eventually been purchased, but in the meantime I can satisfy my curiosity without sacrificing "extra" money.
I don't have a lot of time for music-making, sometimes I've not run my DAW for 2-3 weeks so subscriptions are definitely NOT for me :)

Jagwah

31 May 2018

Hell yeah I got the bundle too, good to see a lot of support here!!

BRIGGS

01 Jun 2018

Anyone else having trouble making drones and pads with the limited decay on these?

Drums and plucks are amazing!
r11s

Loque

02 Jun 2018

BRIGGS wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Anyone else having trouble making drones and pads with the limited decay on these?

Loquelic seems perfect for this. Just increase the Time and modulate the sh1t out of it.
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

02 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
02 Jun 2018
BRIGGS wrote:
01 Jun 2018

Loquelic seems perfect for this. Just increase the Time and modulate the sh1t out of it.
:o Thanks, hours of fun!!!
r11s

antic604

02 Jun 2018

The REs are back on sale: 29 a piece, 69 for the bundle:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... ngineering

I was happy it got back to normal prices yesterday so I'm not tempted and then they've done this... Have mercy, guys!!! ;) :D

NoiseEng
RE Developer

02 Jun 2018

antic604 wrote:
02 Jun 2018
The REs are back on sale: 29 a piece, 69 for the bundle:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... ngineering

I was happy it got back to normal prices yesterday so I'm not tempted and then they've done this... Have mercy, guys!!! ;) :D
Haha We did this because we heard from some people who thought the sale was part of May Madness. They waited until May 31 to get the extensions and then were disappointed that the sale was over. When we set the dates, we didn't know about May Madness (hey, we're new here!) so we didn't realize how much confusion would arise -- and in retrospect, it was pretty obvious it would. So we extended the sale this weekend to make it up to those folks who missed the sale through simple miscommunication. It ends Sunday at midnight (Stockholm time). Sorry for any added temptation :D
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

antic604

02 Jun 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
02 Jun 2018
Sorry for any added temptation :D
You don't have to apologize for making awesome REs! It's Props that need to provide us with some kind of a roadmap of what they're planning to do with Reason, because until then I'm reluctant to comit (any further) to their walled garden. If they just came out & said "we're working on supporting 4K and improvement of sequencer" then my bank would get heart attack ;) :D

In the meantime, is there any chance your REs will get released as VSTs? :)

EDIT: come to think of it, it's actually quite likely - Props just proved with Europa that all they need to do is flip the proverbial switch to convert an RE into VST/AU; hope I'm right about it :)

EDIT2: you just got my money :D

NoiseEng
RE Developer

02 Jun 2018

antic604 wrote:
02 Jun 2018
NoiseEng wrote:
02 Jun 2018
Sorry for any added temptation :D
You don't have to apologize for making awesome REs! It's Props that need to provide us with some kind of a roadmap of what they're planning to do with Reason, because until then I'm reluctant to comit (any further) to their walled garden. If they just came out & said "we're working on supporting 4K and improvement of sequencer" then my bank would get heart attack ;) :D

EDIT: come to think of it, it's actually quite likely - Props just proved with Europa that all they need to do is flip the proverbial switch to convert an RE into VST/AU; hope I'm right about it :)

EDIT2: you just got my money :D
:D Thanks. You folks are such lovely people. I know our REs don't fit everyone's sound (I'd be surprised if any single one did), but the support here is really heartening.

Yes, we do plan to venture into other formats at some point, but we don't have a timeline. We are but two people (our entire company) trying to put out Eurorack, 5U in the next few months, REs, and then other formats. Also, only one of us does software, and even that isn't full time...so it won't be immediate. But we're #workinonit. The Reason Shop made things really streamlined and easy for us and lowered the barrier to entry; for any other format, there's also a ton of legwork we have to do which is also part of the holdup. We'll get there, but it won't be right now. (Thanks, Propellerhead!)
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

BRIGGS

03 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
30 May 2018
BRIGGS wrote:
30 May 2018

giphy.gif
r11s

Loque

12 Jun 2018

:o :thumbs_up:
MeagerCelebratedIndianringneckparakeet-max-1mb.gif
MeagerCelebratedIndianringneckparakeet-max-1mb.gif (37.24 KiB) Viewed 3152 times
Reason12, Win10

eusti

12 Jun 2018

Thank you, Panda! :)

D.

P'elle
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2018

Awesome!

O1B

21 Jun 2018

Far and away the Best FM-ish synthesizer Ive come across.
The only thing beating this for focused creativity is a mic and sampler.

I was Just about to pull to Trigger on the Module. This is Fantastic!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!
Buying the module (Alter) anyway! - but - WOW!!!!

kungubu

21 Jun 2018

Really loving these modules. After a fair amount of time I even start to get grip of what happens in loquelic iteritas percidio - and I must say I enjoy the weirdness it produces.
My question to Noise Engineering is if why there isn't a switch between trig, loop and free on the RE-version (like on the eurorack module)? I would really like to be able to use it without a trigger.

NoiseEng
RE Developer

21 Jun 2018

kungubu wrote:
21 Jun 2018
Really loving these modules. After a fair amount of time I even start to get grip of what happens in loquelic iteritas percidio - and I must say I enjoy the weirdness it produces.
My question to Noise Engineering is if why there isn't a switch between trig, loop and free on the RE-version (like on the eurorack module)? I would really like to be able to use it without a trigger.
Awesome! LIP can definitely get weird and while it may not be for everyone, it can be a great beast in the right circumstances. I have a lot of fun with it myself.

To your question -- we didn't have a way to implement the switch in RE in a similar format. We designed these to be pretty direct ports of the Eurorack modules, and took the stuff that we could reasonably (hah) support here. Poly free run doesn't really work (we've seen sustain supported, but not polyphonic free run). We didn't want to include limited features that only worked in some modes, so we left it out.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

buddard
RE Developer

21 Jun 2018

antic604 wrote:
02 Jun 2018

Sorry, but how do you know that they just had to "flip a switch”? They might as well have spent months on the conversion for all we know. Or has there been some official confirmation?

• Information