Isolate-X Frequency Isolator/Remover by Turn2on

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Kenni
Site Admin

02 May 2018

Iso-front.png.10000x10000_q85.png
Iso-front.png.10000x10000_q85.png (44.29 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
Iso-back.png.10000x10000_q85.png
Iso-back.png.10000x10000_q85.png (47.48 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... orremover/

Intro price: €9.00
Normal price: €15.00

Product description
---------------------------

Intro price drop down to 30% up to 9 May!

Frequency Isolator / Remover Utility. Isolate-X is a game changer for many tasks, also when you need cut any range of frequency (popular in DJs world) without use of filters or EQs. Isolation of Frequency range can mute in musical composition vocal or any instrument in his freq range.

Product details
Isolate-X very user-friendly utility for isolation of selected frequency range.

Low Freq position range: 25 Hz to 25.0 kHz
High Freq position range: 25 Hz to 25.0 kHz
Low Frequency / High Frequency range: range of frequency to Isolate/Remove

MASS control include control for Low, Mid and High bands.
Manipulate MASS of frequencies in selected range (Low/High Freq) occurs with LOW / MID / HIGH MASS bands. Each of bands can be set from 100% to 0%.

For example Voice removing:
- Low Freq cut for Vocals: All actions with Vocals in the name use this value. It is useful to exclude bass and kick drum. The default value of 120 Hz is good for most lead vocals, or even low male voices. You can enter a higher value around 170 Hz for female voices and about 230 Hz for those of children.
- High Freq cut for Vocals: All actions with Vocals in the name use this value. The frequencies above will either not be removed or not be included in the isolated audio. It is useful to exclude high sounds like bells, cymbals or Hi-hat. Note that human sounds like S or Z can also be very high in frequency - 5000 to 8000 Hz, so listen carefully to the preview.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Loque

02 May 2018

It removes a selected frequency band or the surrounding bands? Did i get it right? So it is a band-pass or band-stop filter without being a filter/eq?
The description confuses me a little bit, how this should work without a filter and why its important to a DJ and the examples confuses me even more. Maybe someone can enlighten me.
Reason12, Win10

madmacman

02 May 2018

Loque wrote:
02 May 2018
So it is a band-pass or band-stop filter without being a filter/eq? [...]
The description confuses me a little bit, [...]
Glad I'm not the only one. :?:

antic604

02 May 2018

Interesting, but I'd prefer to see a device that allows to do this:
- you set up a frequency (say 170Hz),
- you set up a range, say +/-5 semitones from the above 170Hz,
- it accepts MIDI input & would adjust the above frequency and surrounding range accordingly,
- it'd remove the signal outside or within the dynamic band as defined above.

This way, if you'd replicate the singing melody (or anything else) in MIDI, you could have the device remove (or extract) the vocals from audio, without touching much anything else other than overlaping sounds. Such device should also have controls for analysing only mid / side / stereo signal(s).

---

Sure, one could probably automate the Isolate-X Frequency Isolator/Remover, but I imagine that would be very tedious.

Voyager

02 May 2018

May suit nicely for high and low pass filtering. How many dB per octave once full cut is applied ?

selig
RE Developer

02 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
02 May 2018
Interesting, but I'd prefer to see a device that allows to do this:
- you set up a frequency (say 170Hz),
- you set up a range, say +/-5 semitones from the above 170Hz,
- it accepts MIDI input & would adjust the above frequency and surrounding range accordingly,
- it'd remove the signal outside or within the dynamic band as defined above.

This way, if you'd replicate the singing melody (or anything else) in MIDI, you could have the device remove (or extract) the vocals from audio, without touching much anything else other than overlaping sounds. Such device should also have controls for analysing only mid / side / stereo signal(s).

---

Sure, one could probably automate the Isolate-X Frequency Isolator/Remover, but I imagine that would be very tedious.
Thing is, a vocal has harmonics way up high, so you'll still hear those even if you could somehow remove the area around the fundamental. You need something more like Melodyne to effectively do stuff like this I would think.

ColoringEQ can do the MIDI tracking thing, and by tracking two filters you can get 48 dB slopes to create a "cut" range between the HP and LP that tracks the vocal (convert the vocal to MIDI then send it to ColoringEQ to create the tracking effect). Still, not going to "remove" the vocal.
Selig Audio, LLC

turn2on
RE Developer

02 May 2018

Hi, you do not need to invent what the effect is and how it is used, it is absolutely standard solution for DJ mixers for example.
it’a half a DJ eq, half a three band crossover, (later/soon we add something more). :thumbs_up:

Now just try to understand Isolate-X sheme:
Iso-scheme.jpg
Iso-scheme.jpg (41.54 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
At core there is a system of three filters:
- low-pass, for low frequencies,
- band-pass for mid frequencies
- high-pass for high frequencies.
LP/HP/BP filters are 24 dB/oct. AND - its special filters with a non-linear slope. May be there better look with a spectrum analyzer.
(Yes we talk about no needs use EQs/filters, because it already in one box as fast solution and known ISO effect).

Each of the filters has a adjustable cutoff frequency point and you can kill needed frequency band with snap to zero.
Its main idea.

But now we plan to create more realistic Isolator effect with new additions in future update:
- individual outputs per band (Master/low/mid/high)
- may be mute for each band
- may be dry/wet
- and really something more.

There at Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1LmP66hHLk real hardware mixer with Isolator, how its work at DJ mixers (at the end of video). You can look. But we not stop at this (at near future).

ISO is very known and usable effect, also in VST. Now its in :re: format

With outputs addition (soon) - you can work with needed bands individually at external outputs out of device.
* With multiple outputs there more easy create in rack next chain as various band-based effects

All we know comparing the difference between a compressor and a limiter, same concepts, different execution. Filter vs Isolator.

Isolators are stereo crossovers of bands that then sum all the split signals per bands to a final stereo signal or send bands to individual outputs.

turn2on
RE Developer

02 May 2018

selig wrote:
02 May 2018
Thing is, a vocal has harmonics way up high, so you'll still hear those even if you could somehow remove the area around the fundamental. You need something more like Melodyne to effectively do stuff like this I would think.
Its true, removing of Vocal is hard for this effect type. Vocal only is example, I can write how to remove bass as example too..
And need to understand that with vocal / bass or anything else we remove longer or shorter range of another instruments. And its not problem for Isolators.

turn2on
RE Developer

01 Sep 2021

Update 1.0.2 is released:
- The control of low and high frequencies is now smoothed for a more comfortable and accurate application

• Information