new Deal of The Week: eXpanse @ EUR 75

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

23 Apr 2018

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... nthesizer/

Might be a stupid question, but is it worth it at that price? :D

Loque

23 Apr 2018

antic604 wrote:
23 Apr 2018

Yes, a stupid question. I am wondering if there is still someone that does not own it?
Reason12, Win10

lakinlakin

23 Apr 2018

I don't, and was just about to get the latest vst version of Predator (I own the RE version and love it to bits).

Now this deal comes up and I am wondering what to do.

Loque

23 Apr 2018

lakinlakin wrote:
23 Apr 2018
I don't, and was just about to get the latest vst version of Predator (I own the RE version and love it to bits).

Now this deal comes up and I am wondering what to do.
Predator is a good one, but i always hassle to use Rob Papens synths, always so fiddly to work with and takes me too long to get the job done - IMO.

eXpanse is pretty easy and fast to work with, more features, very good sound, but also more hungry CPU wise.
Reason12, Win10

madmacman

23 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
23 Apr 2018
eXpanse is pretty easy and fast to work with, more features, very good sound, but also more hungry CPU wise.
Yeah, the CPU reducing switches on the back are a godsend while creating tracks. (But dont forget to turn them up again before rendering the final mix)

Loque

23 Apr 2018

madmacman wrote:
23 Apr 2018
Loque wrote:
23 Apr 2018
Yeah, the CPU reducing switches on the back are a godsend while creating tracks. (But dont forget to turn them up again before rendering the final mix)
Not always. Sometimes i like that "worse" sounds more - they have more character.
Reason12, Win10

Runner2x

23 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
23 Apr 2018
I am wondering if there is still someone that does not own it?
I won't even get it at this price. How you feel about RP being too fiddly is how I feel about Expanse. I'll take Blamsoft VK-2 over Expanse any day of the week. Different strokes for different folks.

antic604

23 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
23 Apr 2018
Yes, a stupid question. I am wondering if there is still someone that does not own it?
Well, to my excuse I've only used Reason since 3-4 months :)

Anyway, I'll definitely test it tonight but will most likely purchase it, unless it really kills my PC (Surface Pro 4).

Wonder if there's any chance for eXpanse version in VST, seeing that they've released VK-1 in that format recently. Hope if it ever comes out, there will be some discount for RE owners :puf_wink:

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
23 Apr 2018
antic604 wrote:
23 Apr 2018

I don't own it and probably never will - but I just bought The Legend VST/AU literally 2 minutes ago with the bonus of getting the RE version as well. I've stopped buying Reason-only instruments. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

flightONE

24 Apr 2018

hurricane wrote:
23 Apr 2018
Loque wrote:
23 Apr 2018

I don't own it and probably never will - but I just bought The Legend VST/AU literally 2 minutes ago with the bonus of getting the RE version as well. I've stopped buying Reason-only instruments. :thumbs_up:
I can't keep up!! I bought Expanse during the crazy $59 sale a few months ago and have used it twice on "finished" tracks. It's awesome and I like the sound but I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do.

Between Reason 10, Live 10, several impulse RE purchases (eXpanse included) I was convinced that I had acquired more synths that I will possibly ever be able to realistically use... but then. I saw The Legend... and I want it sooo bad... lol

Ugh.. so many synths... so little time and money!!! (i guess in the grand scheme of things having too many synths and too little time/money is a good problem to have... :? )

Soeno

24 Apr 2018

for me it`s a super handy little serum in RE format, nothing to complain

antic604

24 Apr 2018

Purchased! Sounds awesome, but it's a little intimidating at first, especially on the back :o

Now bring on the -50% off on FM4 and I'm set :D

Loque

24 Apr 2018

antic604 wrote:
24 Apr 2018
Purchased! Sounds awesome, but it's a little intimidating at first, especially on the back :o

Wait until you create your own or load different wavetables, morph them, use the modifiers, inter oscilator fm, additive sound and a shaping EQ on each oscilator...
Reason12, Win10

antic604

25 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
24 Apr 2018
antic604 wrote:
24 Apr 2018

Wait until you create your own or load different wavetables, morph them, use the modifiers, inter oscilator fm, additive sound and a shaping EQ on each oscilator...
I'll be happy with just tweaking the presets for few months, but indeed - it looks to be a hugely powerful synth! Really wish there was a VST version (which they say is not planned at current moment, although it does not mean 'never' :))

• Information