EUROPA SYNTHESIZER - 808 Patches

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
iamshad

19 Apr 2018

Hello,

I’m looking for a good 808 like patch for the Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer rack for Reason. If anyone happens to have a patch they can spare, please help. You are greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oquasec

19 Apr 2018

Certain things apply to every synth. a large portion of synth controls are universal and function very similarly.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

iamshad

19 Apr 2018

Oquasec wrote:Certain things apply to every synth. a large portion of synth controls are universal and function very similarly.
No patch. Gotcha! Thanks

QVprod

20 Apr 2018

Any reason it has to be Europa? an 808 bass sound is one of the simplest things to make with a synth or even by throwing an 808 sample into Grain or a different sampler. There's also a Subtractor patch called Dirty South sub that pretty much nails the sound.

Oquasec

20 Apr 2018

Yep. The Reason 5 modules still get, and probably never will not cease getting used for stuff like that.
If you've had something long enough you develop such a strong set of fundamentals that it really doesn't make sense to drop tools.
Learning the new tools should be quicker than it was back in the Reason 5 days for example.
Producer/Programmer.

Jmax

20 Apr 2018

You can download Justin Williams 808 patch here..

https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/beat ... ontrollers

Marco Raaphorst

20 Apr 2018

Kong can do great 808s as well. 808 bassdrum is simply a sinewave. here's an old blogpost I wrote:
https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/recreat ... rum-sound/

Loque

20 Apr 2018

Here is a good starter to make any kind of kicks. The typical basic stuff is in there. I used all 3 osc to create a punchy attack on top, the basic kick, a top end and some noise stuff to make it a bit unpredictable. Also EQ, reverb and compression are added. All things can be used to shape the sound of the kick. As several other noted, a 808 is a simple sine which has a pitch envelope on the attack phase, so should be easy to create a basic 808 and use this tarter to get different things than a simple 808.
Attachments
Europa Kick Basic.zip
(2.94 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Reason12, Win10

Adabler
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2018

A podcast on how to make a kick drum: https://synthlib.com/podcasts/synthesiz ... ake-a-kick

A video on how to make a 808 kick with subtractor, but it applies to almost any synth:
:reason: 12, Win10

iamshad

20 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:Here is a good starter to make any kind of kicks. The typical basic stuff is in there. I used all 3 osc to create a punchy attack on top, the basic kick, a top end and some noise stuff to make it a bit unpredictable. Also EQ, reverb and compression are added. All things can be used to shape the sound of the kick. As several other noted, a 808 is a simple sine which has a pitch envelope on the attack phase, so should be easy to create a basic 808 and use this tarter to get different things than a simple 808.
Thank you! I’m not sure how this post got all these responses about other subjects, but this my friend is what I’m looking for. Thank you for your efforts. Cheers

Oquasec

20 Apr 2018

subtractor can make some lushhhhh noises. and teaches you synthesis in general.
Producer/Programmer.

MannequinRaces

21 Apr 2018

There's an 808 bass patch here for Europa that was used in a recent Propellerhead video: https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/beat ... ontrollers

• Information