VK-2 waves

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Rason

16 Apr 2018

If I select vk1 wave in the osc section and set letsay model mini moog mode on the back.. what is the result supposed to be? Are we still getting some proper emulation or is it some cross combination of waves/models? I thought the mode mode on the back changed the osc sound according to the model it refers to, but none of them had vk1 wave built in obviously so I am wondering what the mode actually does. And vk1 wave is also some emulation itself, so.Not that I need the info to be able to fall asleep, just hairsplittingly curious.

Odesláno z mého D5503 pomocí Tapatalk

eXode

17 Apr 2018

If I recall correctly:
VK-1 Waves is a model of the Voyager waveforms, there is no difference betwen 921/Mini modes. I do believe the VK-1 Waves are different in Clean mode (sounds like it) though.

921/Mini/Clean switches mainly affect the other waveforms, i.e. Sine/Triangle/Sawtooth/Pulse.

I don't remember the source for the Mini sine, the original Mini didn't feature a sine but the VK2 Mini Sine sounds different from both the 921 and Clean sines.

Rason

17 Apr 2018

eXode wrote:If I recall correctly:
VK-1 Waves is a model of the Voyager waveforms, there is no difference betwen 921/Mini modes. I do believe the VK-1 Waves are different in Clean mode (sounds like it) though.

921/Mini/Clean switches mainly affect the other waveforms, i.e. Sine/Triangle/Sawtooth/Pulse.

I don't remember the source for the Mini sine, the original Mini didn't feature a sine but the VK2 Mini Sine sounds different from both the 921 and Clean sines.
Thank you for the explanation eXode.

Odesláno z mého D5503 pomocí Tapatalk

• Information