Jiggery Pokery Reverb?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

11 Apr 2018

JP is teasing what Reasonistas on Facebook are saying is a new reverb effect RE. Very interesting.

Loque

11 Apr 2018

I am always interested in reverbs. They actually should provide something i need or something special or impressive quality that sits in a mix or smears a sound nicely, nevertheless it should be something special...Never thought about a envelope foloower in a reverb, maybe for gating or predelay adjustment...interesting idea...

Looking forward to what JP is pushing out, i like JPs devices.
Reason12, Win10

Voyager

11 Apr 2018

2018 seems to be a busy year for :re:

Won't complain at all !

O1B

11 Apr 2018

It's Time.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

11 Apr 2018

Heh, it's not a reverb specifically, although it's definitely a major component part of it.

But funnily enough (i.e., not at all funny), that exact image I posted last week turned out—a little embarassingly, I confess—to be not entirely possible. I can't explain in detail as I'm not ready to reveal all while I lock down the final issues I'm grappling with. But short version just to temper expectations: what I didn't really know when I posted that was that we can't easily modulate the decay time of a convolution reverb. Even with the "genius of Pelle", PH do some big DSP gymnastics with the convolution mode on RV7K just to get the decay knob not to glitch when moved normally during audio activity. But try it now: even that's not really automatable in that scenario without noticeable audio issues. So for us I figure it's best to leave it off. The follower will be available for an algorithmic reverb instead, and it's jolly useful (and more flexible than the gate mode on RV7K even), but sadly it's not viable on convolution modes at this time.

I hope that explains everything and nothing. :lol:

AAA_Teaser_2.PNG
AAA_Teaser_2.PNG (74.7 KiB) Viewed 4163 times

Loque

11 Apr 2018

Facts:
* Convolution reverb
* Algorithm reverb (at least a echo algorithm)
* Predelay and decay time adjustable
* Master predelay and decay
* Envelope follower
* At least 4 reverbs at the same time
* Master dry/wet control

Speculation:
* Envelope follower for a gate, maybe more modulations
* The left/right knob right beside the displays looks like individual left/right panning knobs, or maybe the predelay and decay (would make more sense there, but who would use a display AND knobs?)
* Considering the "panned" blue knobs differently, they seem to be the pan knobs, but could also be the mix knobs (would make sense on the right side)
* knobs at center (green and gray) may be the envelope modulation
* brown and yellow might be the gate

Since i now know the difference between individual dry wet knobs, i would prefer them. But lived quite well till now without individual controls.
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

12 Apr 2018

Any news on an ETA? Is it nearly ready?

mataya

16 Apr 2018

Could be a room simulator, with extensive early reflections controls. That would be very useful.

eusti

22 Apr 2018

Just came across this on Facebook. Yummy!

D.

Breach The Sky

22 Apr 2018

Sounds like it can do a nice shimmer reverb!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

22 Apr 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
22 Apr 2018
Ding! ;)

Animus.PNG
Animus.PNG (606.17 KiB) Viewed 3548 times

Breach The Sky

22 Apr 2018

JiggeryPokery wrote:
22 Apr 2018
Breach The Sky wrote:
22 Apr 2018
Ding! ;)
Ah! How about that. Love me some shimmer verb. ;)

Psuper

22 Apr 2018

Hmm count me interested.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Jmax

22 Apr 2018

Love the color!

Soeno

22 Apr 2018

Chenille counterpart

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2018

Sounds good!

guitfnky

22 Apr 2018

dangit. when??? 😆

I’ve been eyeing Valhalla’s Shimmer VST for the past couple of weeks, and was about to pull the trigger. I always prefer if I can go with an RE over a VST.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Faastwalker

22 Apr 2018

Very excited for this one. Just seen the little teaser video on Facebook. That was cool :)

Steedus
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2018

Count me interested. I need a software plugin that matches my Mr. Black Eterna and Strymon BigSky pedals.

Faastwalker

22 Apr 2018

Steedus wrote:
22 Apr 2018
Count me interested. I need a software plugin that matches my Mr. Black Eterna and Strymon BigSky pedals.
That's a big ask. The Strymon BigSky is possibly the lushest thing on Earth!! If the Animus comes close to that it will be amazinus!!

Steedus
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Apr 2018
Steedus wrote:
22 Apr 2018
That's a big ask. The Strymon BigSky is possibly the lushest thing on Earth!! If the Animus comes close to that it will be amazinus!!
True .. actually at least for shimmer, the BigSky is my #2, it's almost too smooth and pristine. The Eterna on the other hand really sings. Although it's only mono, the Eterna has a really great character to it, even as a straight reverb.

Faastwalker

25 Apr 2018

I'm guessing this should be too far off if JP has fully unveiled the GUI. Any news on ETA?

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

26 Apr 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
25 Apr 2018
I'm guessing this should be too far off if JP has fully unveiled the GUI. Any news on ETA?
I did make a last update and added an extra function after I published that full image, and it's a really cool change.

But yes, v1 has been submitted, so ETA is Soon™. I'm really enjoying just doing improv with it. Anyone doing ambient especially will want this in their arsenal. ( <morecombe>"Arsenal!" </morecombe> ) .

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

26 Apr 2018

Steedus wrote:
23 Apr 2018
Faastwalker wrote:
22 Apr 2018

True .. actually at least for shimmer, the BigSky is my #2, it's almost too smooth and pristine. The Eterna on the other hand really sings. Although it's only mono, the Eterna has a really great character to it, even as a straight reverb.
I've not examined or used any other shimmer plugin, as I just wanted to do my own interpretation and not be influenced by what other people have done. It's got a lot of granularity, so it can be a clean reverb (although few would want Animus just as a reverb, it certainly can be used for this), or multi-pitched and filter-modded shimmer, or it can be a weird lo-fi glitch machine, or a mix of all, because there are six channels, plus the unshimmered or modulated reverb, all separately mixable with the original dry.

There are 100 convolution reverbs (straight, reversed, forward then reverse, combos) plus the envelope-follower controlled algorithmic reverb which is really useful. (Tried hard to get a follower on the convo verbs, but at this time we can't get that going).

selig
RE Developer

26 Apr 2018

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:
25 Apr 2018
I did make a last update and added an extra function after I published that full image, and it's a really cool change.

But yes, v1 has been submitted, so ETA is Soon[emoji769]. I'm really enjoying just doing improv with it. Anyone doing ambient especially will want this in their arsenal. ( <morecombe>"Arsenal!" </morecombe> ) .
Will look forward to drowning in this when it hits the shop!
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information