vapourware ゛わル

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jimmyklane

26 May 2018

JiggeryPokery wrote:
26 May 2018
A sample resynthesized will likely be under copyright. Just because it's released free doesn't make it legal unless permission has been given from the copyright holder. Sure, you could run the orignal sample through enough processes it'd be so hard to prove any link to a commercial library anyone could get away with it, and let's face facts, a few probably do on all plugin formats. However, I think at this point any use of his work based on knowing he's ripping most/all of it, will be seen as legitimising it. And this even stretches to his non-sampled projects.

In the conversation I had with him last week, in hindsight, it's fascinating in talking about Colossus, he had no pride whatsoever about producing that content at all. It was straight into the amount of content, "oh it's got choirs, there's over 5GB of content". No passion about the recording processes, the sampling processes. If it was legit I'd be chomping at the proverbial fucking bit to tell people all about how it was put together, because that's the fun part, that's the effort, that's the job. I'd be very intererested to see some of those Choir samples if any beta testers still have it installed and can archive a few so some comparisons can be run, but I suppose if there's any choirs in the main NI Kontakt library, it's a fair bet they'll come from there.

I should also note he called all his customers "idiots" for being dumb about not knowing how easy it was to produce IDT/GE devices, and admitted he was lazy and it was all about as much money for as little work as possible. True story. :( (I posted it on Slack yesterday, I admit I shouldn't have done that, but I was a rather angry,).
Chomping at the bit is right! I’ve spent so much damn time trying to create my instrument that when it’s all finally done if anybody asks about it they’re going to hear more than they bargained for!!! The sampling and resampling process is where all the blood, sweat, and tears go!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

nickb523
RE Developer

26 May 2018

JiggeryPokery wrote:
26 May 2018

A sample resynthesized will likely be under copyright. Just because it's released free doesn't make it legal unless permission has been given from the copyright holder. Sure, you could run the orignal sample through enough processes it'd be so hard to prove any link to a commercial library anyone could get away with it, and let's face facts, a few probably do on all plugin formats. However, I think at this point any use of his work based on knowing he's ripping most/all of it, will be seen as legitimising it. And this even stretches to his non-sampled projects.
Fair point Jiggery... it was just a thought but you are right.

It's so disappointing. :(

• Information