vapourware ゛わル

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
nickb523
RE Developer

10 Apr 2018

Hey folks,

"Knight Lore" and "Muktuk" are now set to allow downloads (16bit, 44k .wav) if you fancy them on the go... :)

Nick :)

EpiGenetik

10 Apr 2018

Interesting stuff :)

If you don't mind me asking, is this a DSP-based RE, sample-based RE, or is it an IDT?

Cheers
B

nickb523
RE Developer

10 Apr 2018

EpiGenetik wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Interesting stuff :)

If you don't mind me asking, is this a DSP-based RE, sample-based RE, or is it an IDT?

Cheers
B
All... and more. ;)

RobC

11 Apr 2018

...and now! xD

It kills. Then plays music for the funeral. ...and goes to the other world.
Can easily be made growl aggressively. ...but purrs like a kitty on your lap, if you will.

Haha, it's a beast, huh?

nickb523
RE Developer

15 Apr 2018

Gosh

20 Apr 2018

any news or a bit more teasing before the weekend?

nickb523
RE Developer

20 Apr 2018

Gosh wrote:
20 Apr 2018
It's incoming ASAP. :)

Right at the last minute, a stubborn (and very random) bug was found that has taken a few days to track down. Quite irritating as we are all itching to show it off!

More information to follow when i've got permission. ;)

Gosh

20 Apr 2018

nickb523 wrote:
20 Apr 2018
Gosh wrote:
20 Apr 2018
It's incoming ASAP. :)

Right at the last minute, a stubborn (and very random) bug was found that has taken a few days to track down. Quite irritating as we are all itching to show it off!

More information to follow when i've got permission. ;)
thanks, looking forward to it :thumbs_up:

nickb523
RE Developer

20 Apr 2018

Gosh wrote:
20 Apr 2018
thanks, looking forward to it :thumbs_up:
The last couple of days were a lot like this...

We shall prevail! ;)

nickb523
RE Developer

26 Apr 2018

Well whaddya you know! :D

Incoming ASAP. ;)

Breach The Sky

26 Apr 2018

I hope before the weekend! My GAS has been aching for a new synth, that I don't need, to play around with. ;)

PurpleMonkeyDishes

26 Apr 2018

nickb523 wrote:
26 Apr 2018

Incoming ASAP. ;)
Awesome Documentary !
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Faastwalker

26 Apr 2018

It's BIG!!

FiatLux

26 Apr 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
26 Apr 2018
It's BIG!!
Seems just too bloated.
Might sound great,
But it isn’t easy on the eyes.

starfish91

26 Apr 2018

Cool! I can’t wait to try this out.

But…the combination of the knob-heavy interface with the large variety of colors is problematic. Here’s what it looks like with the panel colors desaturated. Now the remaining colors really pop and it looks less gimmicky and more like a professional instrument. The effects section looks more like a modular synth rack.

Faastwalker

26 Apr 2018

FiatLux wrote:
26 Apr 2018
Faastwalker wrote:
26 Apr 2018
It's BIG!!
Seems just too bloated.
Might sound great,
It's extremely busy for sure. But the test will be how it sounds & how it is to use. I'm a little concerned as I find something like the Rob Papen synths very crowded & therefore a bit of a chore to work with beyond using presets. This thing looks more crowded than the most crowded RP synth. Looking forward to hitting TRY though as the demos we had so far sounded interesting.

scratchnsnifff

27 Apr 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
26 Apr 2018
FiatLux wrote:
26 Apr 2018

Seems just too bloated.
Might sound great,
It's extremely busy for sure. But the test will be how it sounds & how it is to use. I'm a little concerned as I find something like the Rob Papen synths very crowded & therefore a bit of a chore to work with beyond using presets. This thing looks more crowded than the most crowded RP synth. Looking forward to hitting TRY though as the demos we had so far sounded interesting.
I find the key to working with these massive wall of king synths is to make sure to get to know the layout. Once you get a little familiar you’ll find it to be as easy as something like Thor
I suppose what’s important is to get a full grasp on what the architecture of consists of. When I first got predator I felt the same way, but since learning it i feel like i unlocked new synth powers :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

chaosroyale

27 Apr 2018

Nick; that guy who did the all-silver graphic of your synth - follow his advice!! It looks way more high-end and "pro", and this kind of "megasynth" will definitely sell more with that serious kind of look. It even makes it easier on the eyes purely from an interface point of view. At least consider making a silver skin / desaturated skin as an option?
nickb523 wrote:
26 Apr 2018

Incoming ASAP. ;)
Last edited by chaosroyale on 02 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

moneykube

27 Apr 2018

it is not hard to navigate... lots to play with... I love it :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jayhosking

27 Apr 2018

For me, a high number of knobs only matters if I can't follow the workflow of the device. Plus I hate digging around in menus unless it aids in the workflow/design. I haven't tried this device, but it's relatively simple to follow the chain from top to bottom, and everything has its own dedicated space, so I'm pretty curious about trying it.

nickb523
RE Developer

27 Apr 2018

Hey folks,

Just for the record, this is not my synth, i merely beta tested and provided a soundbank for it. This is a Softphonics release. :)

Here is a little gift from the gods. The Colossus user manual. It should tell you everything you need to know...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyoyvzmjm4iz2 ... l.pdf?dl=0

It's really not complex at all so you'll be fine once you figure out the signal flow. It works a little bit like the Layers RE's (but obviously you can go deeper if you wish) and it sounds fantastic.

Hope this info helps!

Nick

Breach The Sky

27 Apr 2018

Softphonics sure has been productive as of lately. Is this an IDT? Dosen't mention anything about cv in the manual.

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2018

starfish91 wrote:
26 Apr 2018
Cool! I can’t wait to try this out.

But…the combination of the knob-heavy interface with the large variety of colors is problematic. Here’s what it looks like with the panel colors desaturated. Now the remaining colors really pop and it looks less gimmicky and more like a professional instrument. The effects section looks more like a modular synth rack.

I think the color version looks better

esselfortium

27 Apr 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
27 Apr 2018
Softphonics sure has been productive as of lately. Is this an IDT? Dosen't mention anything about cv in the manual.
I'm fairly certain that this is IDT. Among other things, like the lack of CV, the "supersaw oscillator" and the effects listed are built-in IDT features. The "Lo-Fi" effect in particular seems to be a common giveaway that something is IDT. (Though admittedly that naming is also used on Synchronous, but I've otherwise mostly seen it listed on lots of IDT "synths".)

Actually, all of the Softphonics devices appear to be IDTs, as best as I can tell. If I'm correct about that, their effects devices are just rebrandings of some of the built-in IDT effects that Propellerhead provides.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

PurpleMonkeyDishes

27 Apr 2018

esselfortium wrote:
27 Apr 2018
Breach The Sky wrote:
27 Apr 2018
I'm fairly certain that this is IDT. Among other things, like the lack of CV, the "supersaw oscillator" and the effects listed are built-in IDT features. The "Lo-Fi" effect in particular seems to be a common giveaway that something is IDT. (Though admittedly that naming is also used on Synchronous, but I've otherwise mostly seen it listed on lots of IDT "synths".)

Actually, all of the Softphonics devices appear to be IDTs, as best as I can tell. If I'm correct about that, their effects devices are just rebrandings of some of the built-in IDT effects that Propellerhead provides.
Propellerhead don't provide anything for IDT, ......IDT and all inside it are 3rd party 'ujam'
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

• Information