vapourware ゛わル

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
nickb523
RE Developer

08 Apr 2018

Sounding very nice and meets definitely meets the grade. Full on versatility combined with elegant integration of all the important stuff... and it's different to what has been seen on the RE market thus far! :D

Here are a couple of demo's i cooked up (only synth used is Colossus, beats are from R10 loop supply) -

Added additional patch examples and demo's from the developer and friends -

Should be making it's way onto the prop shop very soon. :D

Enjoy! ;)
Last edited by nickb523 on 25 May 2018, edited 6 times in total.

TheMiles

08 Apr 2018

The demos sound very promising! Looking forward to this :)

Wickline

08 Apr 2018

Love the sound of it. Can’t wait to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

eusti

08 Apr 2018

Interesting... Looking forward to hear more about this... In both tracks though - for a casual listener - the timbre seems to be quite similar...
Curious to see what else it can do when it comes out! :)

D.

Bes
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2018

this has got me interested. i wonder if it is convolution synthesis
- Certified Reason expert

CephaloPod

08 Apr 2018

I have so many synths, it would need to be something truly inspiring, especially in the RE only format.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

fieldframe
RE Developer

08 Apr 2018

I'm guessing the cover image for both tracks is a blurry shot of the UI. Looks like a generator section at the top, some sort of grid programmer in the middle, and multi-colored stompbox-style effects along the bottom.

scratchnsnifff

08 Apr 2018

nickb523 wrote:
08 Apr 2018
Sounding very nice and meets definitely meets the grade. Full on versatility combined with elegant integration of all the important stuff... and it's different to what has been seen on the RE market thus far! :D

The only synth used in the demo's is of the top secret variety. Beats are all coming from the Reason 10 factory bank. ;)

Here are a couple of demo's i cooked up -

Should be making it's way onto the prop shop within the next 2 weeks. :D

Enjoy! ;)
Can you comment on what form of synthesis? Wavetable, granular, additive, FM, sampler, subtractive, or any oddball forms of synthesis? Is it a clooon or something unique? Does it have cv :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Faastwalker

09 Apr 2018

Nice demos. Looking forwarding to seeing & hearing more.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2018

That clicky percussion stuff on the first demo.. was it done with the synth? Really loved that sound!

ckoehler

09 Apr 2018

sounds nice and warm
:reason: Reason 10 @ Windows 10

nickb523
RE Developer

09 Apr 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
08 Apr 2018
Can you comment on what form of synthesis? Wavetable, granular, additive, FM, sampler, subtractive, or any oddball forms of synthesis? Is it a clooon or something unique? Does it have cv :)
Subtractive, FM, SS and Roland style super saws are all in there and with a bit of granular manipulation to boot. It's officially a hybrid of RE forms.

But the magic is all in the envelopes... ;)

2 weeks! :puf_bigsmile:

nickb523
RE Developer

09 Apr 2018

eusti wrote:
08 Apr 2018
Interesting... Looking forward to hear more about this... In both tracks though - for a casual listener - the timbre seems to be quite similar...
These are merely my demo's. More to follow when the time is right... ;)

eusti

09 Apr 2018

nickb523 wrote:
09 Apr 2018
eusti wrote:
08 Apr 2018
These are merely my demo's. More to follow when the time is right... ;)
:thumbs_up:

Figured as much! Thanks for confirming this for me! :)

D.

qn5

09 Apr 2018

Sounds yummy. Can't wait. #reasongang
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

scratchnsnifff

09 Apr 2018

Can’t wait to see what new toy I’l be getting :D

Iv been waiting for another banger of a synth like expanse. Since expanse was released my excitement over it still hasn’t gone down :) but I still like to keep my options open (maybe I’m just justifying purchasing a new synth, don’t tell my girlfriend)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

antic604

10 Apr 2018

Hope it looks as good as it sounds (I cautiously like the colourful front panel that's hinted at in the samples)!

I really hate how a lot of REs have amateur, badly designed GUIs. I know it shouldn't be important, since we're talking about sound, but with how they're all displayed in Reason's Rack, it is to me. :oops:

Fingers crossed! :)

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2018

nickb523 wrote:
09 Apr 2018

2 weeks! :puf_bigsmile:
That clicky percussion stuff on the first demo.. was it done with the synth? Really loved that sound!

Breach The Sky

10 Apr 2018

Is this a new developer?

nickb523
RE Developer

10 Apr 2018

aeox wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Sorry man but that sound was part of the rex loop used. I think it's in the loop supply somewhere. :)
Breach The Sky wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Is this a new developer?
No. ;)

eusti wrote:
08 Apr 2018
A plethora of patch examples and a few more demo's from the developer and friends! -

Enjoy! :)

Breach The Sky

10 Apr 2018

Sounds like it's perfect for cinematic/ambient sounds. The blurry image of the gui makes me a bit scared though, looks like it has about 800 buttons and knobs! :o

moneykube

10 Apr 2018

:lol: :lol: :lol: :re: :re: :re: :thumbs_up:
Breach The Sky wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Sounds like it's perfect for cinematic/ambient sounds. The blurry image of the gui makes me a bit scared though, looks like it has about 800 buttons and knobs! :o
:shock: :arrow: :idea:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

nickb523
RE Developer

10 Apr 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Don't worry! It's really not that complex at all. Given you have all those synthesis types available, you can pick and choose which sections you do, and do not want to use. It's only as complex as you make it.

But shhhh... i may be saying too much! ;)

fieldframe
RE Developer

10 Apr 2018

antic604 wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Hope it looks as good as it sounds (I cautiously like the colourful front panel that's hinted at in the samples)!

I really hate how a lot of REs have amateur, badly designed GUIs. I know it shouldn't be important, since we're talking about sound, but with how they're all displayed in Reason's Rack, it is to me. :oops:

Fingers crossed! :)
It is important! You can have an instrument that sounds perfect, but if it's unpleasant to use, you won't enjoy using it, and if you don't enjoy it, you won't use it.

It's not unique to the RE market, though; there are plenty of VSTs that are not intuitively laid out, have controls bunched together in ways that only made sense to the developer, and are generally just hard on the eyes. It's just more obvious in the RE world because everything sits next to the mostly very well-designed Propellerhead devices.

PurpleMonkeyDishes

10 Apr 2018

This sounds great, thanks for sharing nickb523
nickb523 wrote:
10 Apr 2018

A plethora of patch examples and a few more demo's from the developer and friends! -

""

Enjoy! :)
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

• Information