Upcoming reverb RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2018

Stumbled upon this. Looks like Turn2on will release a reverb unit. Some settings there sound really interesting to me.
Hopefully they don't mind me sharing this before the product is released. A little teaser is good right? Makes more people talk about a product. And also once you choose to upload a video you've kind of given your permission to let the world see it. I mean there's always a "private" option if you want to keep it to yourself.

FLVZ

27 Mar 2018

This looks and sounds cool af, very interesting design. Quite interested to try it out tbh, might be the answer to a more complex DR1 that i've been wanting.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2018

Flavolous wrote:
27 Mar 2018
This looks and sounds cool af, very interesting design. Quite interested to try it out tbh, might be the answer to a more complex DR1 that i've been wanting.
I was thinking along the same lines. It might not be a DR1 clone but it might be a great alternative to the get those big lush reverbs in Reason.
Either way it sounds like it can offer something new and exciting. Will definitely try it out when it's released.

eusti

27 Mar 2018

Cool! Looking forward to this one!

D.

O1B

27 Mar 2018

Holy Cow, that was Nice!

that put the D in Decay... with a swirl

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2018

There's another video also, well actually there are two other videos but one of them included the overly long reverbs on drum examples which didn't make much sense to me, so I won't post that one.

I did notice the video stutters at certain points 3:09 for example. Makes me wonder if this one eats DSP like crazy.

QVprod

27 Mar 2018

This looks really good! Been a while since the last reverb RE, years perhaps I think.

Breach The Sky

27 Mar 2018

Actually sounds really good! I own almost all the Valhalla plugins though... But I heard you can never have to much reverb options.

EdGrip

27 Mar 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
27 Mar 2018
... But I heard you can never have to much reverb options.
What you heard is correct.

Pralijah

27 Mar 2018

Wow, that sounds great! And it looks good too. We are blessed having both VST and so many great RE-developers.
Make music shake again!

hurricane
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2018

Looks (and sounds) like an uber-expanded "Spaces" from DyingStar, my favorite RE synth! Although the 'spaces' reverb on it is a CPU killer.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2018

I just took about an hour to compare most of my reverbs on different material with somewhat of a similar setting, RV7000, Uhbik A, Fat space, Renoun, Tsar 1, Siberian Halls, kHs Reverb. I didn't try the Antidote reverb (DR-1) because I already know what it's good for and what it's not.

There really is no one "best" reverb that works for everything. Most reverbs were the best on some material and some of my usual favorites failed on certain material too.

This new RE will most likely not be too pricey either, judging from their earlier releases, but we'll see. Judging from the videos I think they could charge a bit more than usual.

EdGrip

27 Mar 2018

I was jamming on my guitar through some huge halls from Valhalla VintageVerb last night. It was lovely. Dunno why it's taken me so long to try plugging a guitar into Reason. I think I just assumed it would be rubbish and unsatisfying. I was wrong. Makes me want to be Jamie XX

EnochLight

27 Mar 2018

EdGrip wrote:
27 Mar 2018
Dunno why it's taken me so long to try plugging a guitar into Reason. I think I just assumed it would be rubbish and unsatisfying. I was wrong.
Plugging my guitar into Reason (well, Record) was one of the first things I did when Reason (via Record) added audio recording. Even with stock Reason 5.0 effects at the time and a first gen-RV7000, it was awesome!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jayhosking

27 Mar 2018

Guitar + Polar = bliss

And yeah, I'm always up for more reverbs.

Breach The Sky

27 Mar 2018

So, is this a impulse-based or algorithmic reverb?

moneykube

27 Mar 2018

I like it... :thumbs_up:looking forward to the release... sounds great
Last edited by moneykube on 28 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Voyager

27 Mar 2018

Very promising, but in my opinion those pictures illustration are just plain unnecessary..and they take too much space while they could be removed and free some space to make some part of the gui more bigger and clearer.

miscend

27 Mar 2018

Do I hear ringing in the reverb tails?

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
27 Mar 2018
So, is this a impulse-based or algorithmic reverb?
I'd be very surprised if it was IR.
Last edited by aeox on 29 Mar 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2018

Don't care much for the interface but it sounds very intriguing. Should go well along side the good old DR-1 for massive ambient guitar verbs

EDIT just watched through the whole video, I didn't realise it had presets based on the Strymon Big Sky! I have the pedal and it's wonderful, but sometimes a pain to record in (ie: laziness). I think this is a insta-buy for me now.

turn2on
RE Developer

29 Mar 2018

Hi. Thank you for announce!

MARSPEAKS - its a creative reverbration effect. Its have a logic of play with Mars atmosphere. You can read manual or product page for details.

So, what device can do?
Its a hybrid effect with reverb placement.
1) Classical linear reverbration section (Atmosphere) with using it as either Pre/Post or Sum to main module.
2) Non-linear reverbration section (Rover) with using it as either Pre/Post or Sum to main module.
3) Orbit creative shift effect
4) SPACES - central module of lush and quality reverbtrations. Based on few well-known guitar effect-pedals an studio processors.
5) Modulation with LFO
All this sections can be morphing and mixed. And at final - sum of it can be morphing with incoming signal as Dry/Wet.

The SPACES module contains 39 models of real hardware, such as guitar pedals and other studio effects processors.
Each model has its own algorithms.

We have combined them together, in one section, to give this RE even more spatial manipulating capabilities.

Why do we call it RackExtension as reverb placement with a hybrid engine?
Because there are several different ways to create reverbs in this RackExtension.
You can perform morphing of different types of reverberation. You can also use CV inputs to control main parameters, use
Automata-CV inputs for modulation, or use the built-in LFO with 8 waveforms.
Re-patches is supported, so you can create and load your own patches.

MARSPEAKS include 230 technical and creative patches.

NOTE!
MarsPeaks use not much DSP. But its use RAM and you must understand that every copy of device create buffer in your RAM (its can be in diapasone from 200 up to 650mb in RAM. Its not real size of RE, its container reserved to stabile work and loading algorithms). You can view in system how much free ram you have before add MarsPeaks, and after, to forecast what you can with your RAM quantity. Before you sad about this, must say in next versions we try to optimise it more (may be as quality setting).

But we love this effect. It have pretty nice sound!

Algorithms of beautiful SPACES is pitched by Decay parameter in real-time. Better solution set Spaces Decay how you want and not automate it (its one thing that can really be CPU stress if parameter is automated - not static. And you can easy come away from this problem by not automate, or automate Decay in not big range of parameter).

MarsPeaks is a hybrid morphing of few types of reverbration. Its help to create new horzion of reverbrations.
We use well-known top-hardware effects to create this reverb unit, we not try to emulate processors or effect pedals. We mix them in one device for solution to create beautiful reverb lines.

Using of linear reverbrations is a classic way and can be not enough powerful.
Just try this RE and play with all settings to placement reverbrations as you need with big lush!

ps: coming soon!

EdGrip

29 Mar 2018

Is niiice!

Loque

29 Mar 2018

Is there life on Mars? Sounds like....

Guess this is some kind of IR/algorithmic reverb mix. But i am curious, how can there be a reverb sound on Mars, if it does not have an atmosphere? Or is it just a very thin atmosphere creating very lush reverbs?
Reason12, Win10

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

29 Mar 2018

Loque wrote:
29 Mar 2018
Is there life on Mars? Sounds like....
i am curious, how can there be a reverb sound on Mars, if it does not have an atmosphere? Or is it just a very thin atmosphere creating very lush reverbs?
Yes, it has a thin atmosphere, but it's not the same chemical mix either. According to my physics teacher, c. 1988, as for some reason I was asking about this (I've just had a flashback, yes, it was for a short story about a mountain climbing expedition on Olympus Mons... :oops: :redface: :lol: ), was that sounds in Martian air would be pitched higher than on Earth.

/fighting in the dancehalls

• Information